Fennelly predicts a UConn-Baylor final | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fennelly predicts a UConn-Baylor final

Reaction Score
Actually, 2012-13 even more so.

The Louisville game was the result of a lack of couching re Griner over her college career, aided by the hatchet job the refs allowed Louisville through the first half. Baylor still should have won that game and could have defeated Uconn.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
the 2012 Baylor team would have slaughtered this year's Baylor team, and would have a better than even chance of beating UConn.

Who on Baylor this year are even remotely comparable to Sims or Griner (particularly.)
Actually this years team has the size to move Griner off the post with 3 Bigs who have footwork. Plus this team has more depth than that team. Sims was great but not the outside shouter and would be dealing with waves of subs covering her. I would take this years team in a close one as Mulkey is a bit more experienced having lost to Louisville that next year. I do respect your choice though.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Actually this years team has the size to move Griner off the post with 3 Bigs who have footwork. Plus this team has more depth than that team. Sims was great but not the outside shouter and would be dealing with waves of subs covering her. I would take this years team in a close one as Mulkey is a bit more experienced having lost to Louisville that next year. I do respect your choice though.
This year's team appears to be a much better passing team. I seem to recall that Sims would take over a game and hoist a lot of shots, not unlike Kelsey Mitchell, sometimes good and sometimes not so good.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This year's team appears to be a much better passing team. I seem to recall that Sims would take over a game and hoist a lot of shots, not unlike Kelsey Mitchell, sometimes good and sometimes not so good.

Sims was not a volume shooter during the Griner years. She did become options 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in her senior year, but not years 1-3.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Like they came back the next year and slaughtered Louisville? That was an awesome team but I think this team is better. I guess we will just have to wait until the end of the season to see how well they stack up.
You know I picked this team as the team to beat BEFORE the season started, and I've continued to praise this Baylor team. But let's get some things out of the way. This team would have lost by easy double digits to last year's UCONN team. Baylor entered the first UConn game with the FAR more experienced team with the only returning AA's on the green side. It was Baylor's third game of the year, UConn's second. As much as some have noted Brown's first half foul trouble, ALL of UConn's forwards were in foul trouble the first half. As much as some have noted Crystal Dangerfield's performance has not been repeated and Davis played poorly, few on other sites have noted, excepting for Collier, how poorly UConn's forwards shot during the game. Yet who's to say Crystal Dangerfield, a freshman, won't become more offensively consistent by Boogie Time? None on other sites noted how very poorly Nurse performed, on offense and defense. None as well have noted how poorly UConn ran their offense and how experience has taught this young team to run their offense far better now. As I've watched this team since the loss to UConn I've seen them improve, but not as much as has UConn. So as I've said before, with all things being equal, if they were to meet again, things would be equal.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You know I picked this team as the team to beat BEFORE the season started, and I've continued to praise this Baylor team. But let's get some things out of the way. This team would have lost by easy double digits to last year's UCONN team. Baylor entered the first UConn game with the FAR more experienced team with the only returning AA's on the green side. It was Baylor's third game of the year, UConn's second. As much as some have noted Brown's first half foul trouble, ALL of UConn's forwards were in foul trouble the first half. As much as some have noted Crystal Dangerfield's performance has not been repeated and Davis played poorly, few on other sites have noted, excepting for Collier, how poorly UConn's forwards shot during the game. Yet who's to say Crystal Dangerfield, a freshman, won't become more offensively consistent by Boogie Time? None on other sites noted how very poorly Nurse performed, on offense and defense. None as well have noted how poorly UConn ran their offense and how experience has taught this young team to run their offense far better now. As I've watched this team since the loss to UConn I've seen them improve, but not as much as has UConn. So as I've said before, with all things being equal, if they were to meet again, things would be equal.

News flash. The 2012 Baylor squad probably would have lost to last year's UCONN team by double digits.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
News flash. The 2012 Baylor squad probably would have lost to last year's UCONN team by double digits.
Yeah, but honestly, I don't give an apple about the 2012 Baylor team. I stand however behind all I've said about this year's teams.

Reaction Score
I would love to see it be UCONN and another first time team like last year. I just enjoyed that so much...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom