Feb. 9 Game Moved to South Carolina - WHAT? | The Boneyard

Feb. 9 Game Moved to South Carolina - WHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Beginning tonight when the Gamecocks (18-0, 6-0) face No. 10 Texas A&M (16-4, 4-2), USC embarks on a stretch of five games in which three are against Top 25 teams, including the gold standard in women's basketball, UConn.

It all gets underway this evening at 7 when South Carolina has its first home game since Jan. 11 and against a team in A&M it hasn't beaten in three previous tries. The Gamecocks also have a bit of bad blood going with the Aggies as College Station was where former No. 2 national recruit Kelsey Bone transferred to from Columbia in 2010.

After hosting Alabama (12-10, 1-6) on Thursday in what should be a breather, Dawn Staley's team hits the road again for two games, traveling to dangerous Ole Miss (14-6, 4-3) Sunday and more-dangerous No. 22-ranked Georgia (17-4, 5-3). After that USC will host what will be the game of the college basketball regular season when No. 2 Connecticut (16-1) comes to the Colonial Life Arena on Monday, Feb. 9."

I wonder if Geno knows about this yet?

[FULL ARTICLE]

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Somebody forgot to check and proof read.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Extended forecast indicates second Death Storm of the season will be hitting the Northeast late on February 8. I guess it's wise to take this precaution.

Dang, Sagarin Predictor only has UConn as a 10 point favorite down there.

Reaction Score
$7 for an adult ticket !! I'm sure that helps their impressive attendance totals.

mr006

Reaction Score
"After that USC will host what will be the game of the college basketball regular season when No. 2 Connecticut (16-1) comes to the Colonial Life Arena on Monday, Feb. 9."

I wonder if the folks at Colonial Life Arena know that. Gonna be about 18000 disappointed fans - lol.

Reaction Score
BYers wouldn't get that price though as you have to qualify as an adult, which due to behavior standards here none of us could meet.

Better still. Only $4 for those 17 and under or for those that act like it.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Better still. Only $4 for those 17 and under or for those that act like it.
I just saw "The Interview," so I could probably remember some jokes from it that would get me in as a 9-year-old.

Reaction Score
There don't seem to be proofreaders any more. (Cost-saving measure?) Spell check has clearly replaced story editing. Too many standard-issue blog-like errors in spelling and grammar for it to be otherwise.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
"Beginning tonight when the Gamecocks (18-0, 6-0) face No. 10 Texas A&M (16-4, 4-2), USC embarks on a stretch of five games in which three are against Top 25 teams, including the gold standard in women's basketball, UConn.

It all gets underway this evening at 7 when South Carolina has its first home game since Jan. 11 and against a team in A&M it hasn't beaten in three previous tries. The Gamecocks also have a bit of bad blood going with the Aggies as College Station was where former No. 2 national recruit Kelsey Bone transferred to from Columbia in 2010.

After hosting Alabama (12-10, 1-6) on Thursday in what should be a breather, Dawn Staley's team hits the road again for two games, traveling to dangerous Ole Miss (14-6, 4-3) Sunday and more-dangerous No. 22-ranked Georgia (17-4, 5-3). After that USC will host what will be the game of the college basketball regular season when No. 2 Connecticut (16-1) comes to the Colonial Life Arena on Monday, Feb. 9."

[FULL ARTICLE]

Someone looked at a long range forecast and thought there would be another blizzard on the 9th.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think I read somewhere where ESPN is pushing for the game to be moved to CLA this season. Might be too late for it though at this stage of the season. After seeing the numbers of fans USC is pulling for their home games, The Sports Network probably felt the occasion and atmosphere would be otherworldly...
We're playing UCONN in Columbia next season, so it will still happen. The game at Gampel is sold out, I think.

mr006

Reaction Score
We're playing UCONN in Columbia next season, so it will still happen. The game at Gampel is sold out, I think.
If this series remains as big as it looms this year, they will move it to Hartford next time around, which holds over 16,000. That's where most of our big games (including many of the Tenn games) are/were held.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If this series remains as big as it looms this year, they will move it to Hartford next time around, which holds over 16,000. That's where most of our big games (including many of the Tenn games) are/were held.

I'm curious why it's not in Hartford this year.

mr006

Reaction Score
I'm curious why it's not in Hartford this year.
Good question. Maybe throwing Gampel a bone? More intimate / intimidating setting? A few years ago, they had UNC at Gampel, when they were a big opponent.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Good question. Maybe throwing Gampel a bone? More intimate / intimidating setting? A few years ago, they had UNC at Gampel, when they were a big opponent.

Which arena is louder with a full house? I Know XL is bigger, but is it louder?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
This is in Gampel because it's a better home court advantage- smaller, louder, fans are closer and a bigger student section will attend! I that's my guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom