Favorite Rentschler Memories | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Favorite Rentschler Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConnTrumbull said:
12/5/15: UConn wins inaugural AAC championship game 12/6/15: UConn invited to Big Ten conference
Holy crap if they announced an invite during a game, it'd be pandemonium.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Wanted to add another one to this: Every game during my 4 years in Storrs me and my group of friends that went into the games would always get a chili cheese dog basket as soon as we walked through the doors. We also did this at every Gampel game (never went to XL). Why? Not really sure. Drunkenness, stupidity, youth, maybe all the above. But tomorrow is the first time I won't see a home game at the Rent in 4 years, but I'll be sitting on my couch eating a fat chili cheese dog ready to cheer the Huskies on to victory

Reaction Score
My favorite Rent moment was the 2010 Pitt game. Jonathan Baldwin just made a spectacular catch in the back of the end zone. I remember looking around the pack stadium and thinking "this is the quietest I've ever heard 40000 people". Then the kick off to Nick Williams who returned it for a touchdown. I'll never forget seeing the entire stadium bounce up and down like an ocean of people to Sandstorm. That moment I knew, this is UConn Country.

Reaction Score
What year did Greg Robinson stay home on the bootleg? Was it against Pitt?

Reaction Score
My favorite Rent moment was the 2010 Pitt game. Jonathan Baldwin just made a spectacular catch in the back of the end zone. I remember looking around the pack stadium and thinking "this is the quietest I've ever heard 40000 people". Then the kick off to Nick Williams who returned it for a touchdown. I'll never forget seeing the entire stadium bounce up and down like an ocean of people to Sandstorm. That moment I knew, this is UConn Country.

I remember after Baldwin's catch I turned to pepband99 and said "we could really use a Nick Williams runback right now."

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I remember after Baldwin's catch I turned to pepband99 and said "we could really use a Nick Williams runback right now."

100% true. I also remember a towel or something falling off of someone during the runback, and mistaking it for a flag. Ugh - talk about being robbed of joy...

Reaction Score
Non game action: Watching my daughter in the UMBC color guard dipping the flag during Battle Hymn of the Republic in pre-game. She was front and center her senior year.

Game action: No doubt the USF blizzard game and Teggart field goal. (Ah, the good old days...)

Reaction Score
Pitt and WVU 2010. Led to 2011 Fiesta Bowl. Happy to say that I was at all three games with my wife (and daughter- bowl game only).

Other favorites - Baylor game (with Tyler beating RG III) and Virginia game where Donald Brown ran wild.

Reaction Score
The first UConn FB I attended was WVU "fumble" game. Best memory ever

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hands down for me and my wife...watching the win against Pitt in OT when DJ scored into the scoreboard end zone ...right into our laps!!!
I was in the opposite end zone. We debated whether to go to the other side in OT, maybe a good thing we didn't since we could have missed DJ's td.

Reaction Score
Unreal to stay till the end.

Say no more! :)

I echo all of these great memories but my personal favorite comes from a game most have forgotten. Temple at UConn in 2004. We won 45-31 as DanO and Brockington went wild. What made it special? It was our 3 year old grandson Jack's first game. I was so excited to introduce our first grandchild to all the pageantry of UConn college football, and hoped like heck he would enjoy it.
It was a cold late October day and I didn't know how young Jack was going to react. You can just imagine how I felt when my wife warned me on the way down from Boston that I needed to be prepared for the possibility that if Jack had a meltdown we may have to----leave early!! Of course I agreed.
I had told Jack during the ride that we were playing the Temple Owls. He loved the band, the colors, watching Jonathan the Husky, and all the normally forbidden goodies he got to eat! It was awesome. But I got concerned when he took a nap during the third quarter wrapped an a blanket in my wife's lap as she gave me that look of "maybe we should leave". Then, my dreams were realized. Not only didn't he "melt down" when he woke up, he got into the game in a big way. This little guy turned around to the fans behind us, stood on his seat and shouted, "WHACK THOSE OW--ELS"!! And he cheered till the final gun. On the way home he asked, in an excited three year old voice, "can we do this again?" That moment was pretty darn close to heaven for me. I hope all of you get to experience something like that.

Reaction Score
For me, it's still the Pitt game under the lights in 2004. Everything from the tailgate to the game just felt big time. I've still never seen the Rent as electric as it was that night. The Palko problems communicating to the offense, the Perkins pick 6, Walt Harris inexplicably taking a knee at the 1 before halftime to center the ball for the FG unit. . . . . . . . . .that was a fun night.

Reaction Score
The Rutgers game after Jazz's death, when Brown caught the touchdown pass in the end zone. I started to cry and so did the gal sitting in front of me.

The time I got locked in a stall in a deserted women's bathroom. I yelled and yelled,
Finally the cleaning lady came in and got some guy to finally kick in the door.

All the freezing cold days,the monsoons,the snow, then hail days we all sat thru.

Drew

Reaction Score

@gampelcrazies @tcf15 do you guys have the full Houston game with the 1080 audio? Tried to find it on uchg.com but didn't see it

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Opening game against Indiana - set the tone for the program.

Michigan - brightest lights ever at a UConn home game.

Houston - reestablished the tone set by Edsall after the PP meltdown

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
One of my most memorable games was the win against Pittsburgh 29-17 in 2004.Tyler King broke his leg that night.The crowd was so loud that night.Oh those memories when the house was packed.
i remember watching that game, i actually have had a few convos with him on fb about it, great guy

Reaction Score

@gampelcrazies @tcf15 do you guys have the full Houston game with the 1080 audio? Tried to find it on uchg.com but didn't see it

I will have to check. I stopped doing the WTIC syncs because most of the time the recording would fail. I might have it on my other computer.

Drew

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall being reintroduced as UConn football coach :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom