Favorite Football Road Trip | The Boneyard

Favorite Football Road Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have just taken a couple of football road trips in my time, I was wondering of those of you that have taken a number of trips which ones have been your favorite.

Reaction Score
I haven't been to any UConn away games yet (this year I'm going to to se them play BC), but my two favorite trips thanks to marching band was traveling to West Point to be a part of the half time show and going up to stores to play with the UCMB at Memorial Stadium

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I was at the 2006 Orange Bowl. South Beach and 3 OTs is tough to beat. I hope UCONN gets to play in a game like that.

I was also in Phoenix in 2011. Awesome trip but we lost.

Reaction Score
Not with UConn but I've been to Auburn, Lincoln, and Lawerence.

Nebraska without a doubt was the best for me and my group of friends. The fans are extremely friendly and offered us a ton of food and beer as we were taking in the tailgate. Their stadium is special.

Auburn was pretty cool too with the pregame festivities and of course the female student population wearing sundresses.

Lawerence, Kansas sucks. Weird town with even weirder locals. Never again.

Reaction Score
Easy for me. It was the Notre Dame game aboard the Husky Express.

Without a doubt, Notre Dame via the Husky Express from Chicago. The friendliness of our fans on the train and that of the Notre Dame fans before and after the game was memorable. Of course the game was memorable also. It took the players and our fans until the second half to stop being in awe of Notre Dame. Once we started playing, ND was shell shocked. The overtime win was the cap to a great trip.

Reaction Score
I take a trip every year. I've been to Penn State, Maryland, Georgia, LSU, Colorado, Air Force, Washington, Clemson, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Arizona State, and West Virginia.

I prefer college towns where everything is together - campus, stadium, town. My favorites to date were Alabama, Clemson Auburn and Florida.

I really did not like WVU and Tennessee.

Air Force was by far the worst stadium, but we were there to see Colorado and it just so happened AFA had a thurs night game.

Still on my bucket list are: Oregon, Fl State, Ole Miss and Texas.

When you build your list, make sure Bama and Clemson are at or near the top.

Reaction Score
Top 5 - UConn only:

ND

West Point (for ease and pageantry)
Charlotte/Pittsburgh
Toronto

Michigan

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Without a doubt, Notre Dame via the Husky Express from Chicago.
I still laugh at the fact there was plenty of beer for the ride home but they ran out of water.

Reaction Score
UND was head and shoulders above everything else. From dinner in Chicago to the campus, stadium and game, I can't imagine it being matched.

I went to Happy Valley to see PSU vs. Bama right before the Sandusky *$#& hit the fan. Enjoyed it, but it didn't hold a candle to South Bend.

I'll probably be heading to Tuscaloosa this fall.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Best road trip/loss - Georgia Tech 2005
Atlanta is a fun city. We stayed in midtown, had a friend pick us up and bring us to a uconn tailgate behind a bunch of buildings. Great vacation.

Best road trip/win - USF 2010
Leg 1 of my honeymoon trip starts with an EPIC UConn win. I can't believe I forgot this for a moment while doing my Temple writeup. We sat in the next to last row and some jack@ss hecklers came down to talk smack for the second half until Teggart nailed the GW FG. The game was just completely awesome, on top of a cruise it probably can't be topped.

Runner up to Temple 2008
Group of friends drove down with hurricane hanna on the way. We arrived to tailgate and the sun peeked out - had sun for the rest of the tailgate along with beer and baggo. Then the game hit and the rains were torrential. The Donald basically carried us to a win in OT, I think we gave him the ball every time and he was not to be denied. Tailgated next to Grant Preston's family and then sat next to Steve Brouse's family and his 90+ year old grandma at the game. Post game cheesesteak at Geno's, we were good to go.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've enjoyed them all really, but really liked Michigan (aside from the outcome)... did the Football HOF on the way out and Baseball HOF on way back. Toronto was also really fun. I regret not scrounging the cash to make ND happen...

Reaction Score
Enjoyed the Papa Johns Bowl because we really smacked USCe around. Their fans were staying at the same hotel, had breakfast with them. They were very polite without being condescending. Unfortunately it was the same hotel as their marching band who used all the hot water by 8am.
Legion field is an old dump. Cold too.

Mineke car care bowl in Charlotte was fun except we lost. Ride home was nasty, snow.loved the hotel, although just a little outside of town.

Hated The Fiesta Bowl. It was too cold too hard and costly to get too and Okie fans were ok. At least they were impressed by the Sherminator.

Reaction Score
I have just taken a couple of football road trips in my time, I was wondering of those of you that have taken a number of trips which ones have been your favorite.
Notre Dame - 2009. Arrived on Thursday, took in campus tour, coaches' luncheon, tunnel tour in the stadium, pep rally w/ CT resident Golic leading senior night, the College Football HOF, midnight trumpets in the Dome, grotto, Bookstore with all employees wearing Jasper's #6, team march to the stadium, UConn fan euphoria after our win, Sunday mass in the Basilica in my UConn gear but did miss the post game at the Linebacker

Last edited:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Notre Dame '09 opened the golf course lot at 630 by bribing security with an egg sandwich,hung out with my Uconn brothers, snuck a ton of nips in my pants,killer expierence and in the end a great win for Jazz! In the end Edsall stopped the bus on the way out to thank us for the support.

Reaction Score
I take that back I have been to an away game with UConn. I was with the UCMB for the first bowl game in UConn history, Motor City Bowl. I remember being on a bus for 20 hours because it was basically a blizzard in Ohio, but I couldn't have had a better time. I got to on a trip for free, got to see UConn win their first bowl game and got to see Detroit. I mean one of those things weren't as good as the others, but overall it was probably one of the best trips

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I take that back I have been to an away game with UConn. I was with the UCMB for the first bowl game in UConn history, Motor City Bowl. I remember being on a bus for 20 hours because it was basically a blizzard in Ohio, but I couldn't have had a better time. I got to on a trip for free, got to see UConn win their first bowl game and got to see Detroit. I mean one of those things weren't as good as the others, but overall it was probably one of the best trips
That was one of the scariest drives of my life.

Reaction Score
That was one of the scariest drives of my life.

I remember everyone on my bus watching movies, joking around, generally have a grand ole time. I don't think we realized how bad it was until we got to the hotel something like 7 hours after we were supposed to.

Reaction Score
I remember everyone on my bus watching movies, joking around, generally have a grand ole time. I don't think we realized how bad it was until we got to the hotel something like 7 hours after we were supposed to.

That was my freshman grandson's first trip with the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom