Fairfield 8
Good guys 4

top of 6th

Reaction Score
seem to be working our way back very slowly

5-8 now

Reaction Score
6-8!

Ferriter is having an excellent day is 4-4 on the day.

Reaction Score
Damn couldn't capitalize and take the lead, that's twice Testani!

to the bottom of 6th we go

Reaction Score
Decent win

UConn 13
Fairfield 8

Next up is a very interesting series against Rutgers at home.

I'll try to make it up to Dodd on Saturday, to give my support.

Need two big wins here!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
giving up more than 4 runs to fairfield is brutal. we have no depth. the bullpen catcher should be able to hold fairfield to 4 runs. chesus. to kinda inform u guys a bit here for my hate, that program has gone so far down the drain its crazy. its makes bcu football look good. my days there the baseball way brutal. college kids actually used to set up lawn chairs out in right center and watch our games in the afternoon instead of the stags. the kids i played ball with that commited there were all good ball players. but none of them were d1 good. they were all southern/pierce/bryant offers good. well now bryant is d1 but you get the point. if you had a offer from pace/quinn/shu/cc you picked them over , its that ugly there. several kids chose d2 or d3 schools over , believe me. rant over.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Interesting win today to say the least but with the way the last week has gone I think we'll all take it any way we can get it.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Verdi was 4-5 on the day. I have been hard on him so it's good to see him have a great game. Our midweek pitching was good a couple of weeks ago but has deteriorated recently.

Reaction Score
Got to the game today. Penders starts Martin and Paul in the outfield with respective .828 & .867 fielding percentages. Paul goes three for five and throws a ball to the plate probably fifteen feet left of the plate and makes another error. Martin goes 2-6 with no chance of throwing anyone out from LF. We have at least 3 running errors (Paul, Ferriter, and Martin) along with Fuller getting thrown out trying to steal to end the inning. I've said it more than once, if we make these type of errors in the field and on the bases during Big East weekends, we will be in trouble. Looks like Penders has come to a realization that he is going to trade off defense and base running for hitting. Generally you need some defense and pitching to win games, we'll see.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Got to the game today. Penders starts Martin and Paul in the outfield with respective .828 & .867 fielding percentages. Paul goes three for five and throws a ball to the plate probably fifteen feet left of the plate and makes another error. Martin goes 2-6 with no chance of throwing anyone out from LF. We have at least 3 running errors (Paul, Ferriter, and Martin) along with Fuller getting thrown out trying to steal to end the inning. I've said it more than once, if we make these type of errors in the field and on the bases during Big East weekends, we will be in trouble. Looks like Penders has come to a realization that he is going to trade off defense and base running for hitting. Generally you need some defense and pitching to win games, we'll see.

wow that sounds ugly. i stole more bases on that field then uconn did today. (3 total my career at home lol)

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Frankly it seems as if anyone we put out there is making errors habitually. Might as well go with the guys that are gonna get it done at the dish.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I was also at the game sitting directly behind home plate. The throw by Paul was not that bad but was not cut off by Fuller which led to it getting by the catcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom