Facey's Chances | The Boneyard

Facey's Chances

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Aside from blocking fewer shots per game and averaging more rebounds, Facey's stats this year are very similar to what Hilton Armstrong had during his senior year. Seeing as that catapulted Hilton to a 12th overall pick in the draft, I have to imagine that at least some eyes are on KF now. I still don't see him anywhere in the mocks, but I am alone in thinking he may have a chance to be selected in the 2nd round? At the very least, I see him getting a summer league invite. The only real mitigating factor here is that he'd be a 24 year old rookie.

Reaction Score
He'll be 24 years old a few weeks after the draft, at that age very unlikely he has a chance at getting drafted.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
He won't be drafted. But he will have a chance to make a summer league team.

Reaction Score
I really like Kentan. He has developed well. I see him playing overseas though. I would love to be wrong, however, and see him in the league.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
In my (non-expert) opinion, he's improved his stock to the point where he'll be invited to senior showcases and have a chance to play into a summer league/training camp role. Additionally, he could be on track to start his career in a top-tier European league (Spain, Turkey, etc.), as opposed to some of the more remote countries we've sent recent grads to.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In my (non-expert) opinion, he's improved his stock to the point where he'll be invited to senior showcases and have a chance to play into a summer league/training camp role. Additionally, he could be on track to start his career in a top-tier European league (Spain, Turkey, etc.), as opposed to some of the more remote countries we've sent recent grads to.

This sounds about right. I'll add this, he has never played with any other significant front court scoring option. I really think that Kentan, on a team with a scoring center, could be even more successful. He's doing much of this damage now with defenses keyed to stop him.

Reaction Score
naw... Hilton was at least an inch or two taller (8.7 Hilton Units total), was bigger, as athletic, had some ball skills, and still had loads of potential. Facey's age would seem to indicate that his development is more or less finished. Plus Hilton was giving us 9-7-3 against some of the best big men in the country. Facey is doing it against South Florida.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He'll be 24 years old a few weeks after the draft, at that age very unlikely he has a chance at getting drafted.

I think his lack of experience is a mitigating factor. If he'd been playing ball since he was 9 years old, it'd be a little different.

The light just went on for him this year.

So I disagree with what boog just posted. He's not done improving. If he had another year of eligibility, he'd be killing people next year.

I agree that unless he kills it at a camp, he won't even get drafted in the 2nd round. But I think he'll have multiple offers to play Summer League ball.

Reaction Score
I like Facey, but there is no chance. The NBA game is different now. If he can't hit a 3 there is no need for him. There are many NBA teams with athletic bigs riding the bench...and those guys are more talented than Facey.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
naw... Hilton was at least an inch or two taller (8.7 Hilton Units total), was bigger, as athletic, had some ball skills, and still had loads of potential. Facey's age would seem to indicate that his development is more or less finished. Plus Hilton was giving us 9-7-3 against some of the best big men in the country. Facey is doing it against South Florida.

His age is absolutely against him. That said, this year is proof alone shows his development is not at all finished.

Not getting drafted imo.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think/hope that KF will carve out a long and prosperous career overseas - Europe
I don't think he will be drafted BUT if he does well in the senior showcases and in the summer league - JC will pick up the phone, roll the rolodex and get him a spot on a decent club. KO will get him a summer league spot.
I couldn't be happier for him and what he has shown this year

Reaction Score
I THINK ... this is Fool's Gold.#

We aren't talking a stud Lottery level. This become what the guy can do for himself. Increasingly these type of player scrap through a few years of Summer, NDBL, Euro. He can improve. At 27 or so, if he keeps improving, you might see him develop onto an NBA roster. He can get far better than what he is today. The age - 24- is far more relevant for smaller guys. Persistence is the key.

Reaction Score
Kentan Facey is going to be in the NBA.....someday I predict. He can be an accurate shooter from further out, something he was not allowed to do here. 6' 11" guy who can knock down shots. He has touch. He's not a post up center which is where he has played with us a lot. needs to get stronger that's all.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
If he shows up dressed in a suit and carrying flowers and takes her to a nice place......

Reaction Score
He isn't strong enough to play the 4 and doesn't shoot well enough to play the 3 in the NBA; he is kind of a tweener. He will play somewhere though and hope he can get with a good Euro team. His improvement this season has been amazing.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm glad that it is finally clicking for Facey. His lack of development had been one of my biggest criticisms of KO and staff.

It looks like he'll finish up strongly and be able to make some nice bucks overseas, but unfortunately due to the delay in development and his age, it seems that the NBA is less than likely.

Now, if Enoch has a season like this, given his age (young) and body (bigger/stronger) then you're talking a possibility like Hilton.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'm glad that it is finally clicking for Facey. His lack of development had been one of my biggest criticisms of KO and staff.

It looks like he'll finish up strongly and be able to make some nice bucks overseas, but unfortunately due to the delay in development and his age, it seems that the NBA is less than likely.

Now, if Enoch has a season like this, given his age (young) and body (bigger/stronger) then you're talking a possibility like Hilton.

Enoch and Armstrong were both young coming in (both were 17 when they started playing at UConn), so this is an apt analogy.

Reaction Score
He isn't strong enough to play the 4 and doesn't shoot well enough to play the 3 in the NBA; he is kind of a tweener. He will play somewhere though and hope he can get with a good Euro team. His improvement this season has been amazing.

Yes and the handle may be the most important part for Kentan, it's not there not too close. Doesn't take away what has happened this year thus far.

Reaction Score
Is he really 6-11, it doesn't feel like he plays that big?

Like someone said he will get a chance in summer league and then the camps and from there either stay in d-league or go overseas

Kentan Facey is going to be in the NBA.....someday I predict. He can be an accurate shooter from further out, something he was not allowed to do here. 6' 11" guy who can knock down shots. He has touch. He's not a post up center which is where he has played with us a lot. needs to get stronger that's all.

Reaction Score
I have been a Facey critic for a few years and actually predictated that his position was the most likely one to be lost .
Of course I thought Diarra would sneak in there before I knew he was out for the year.
One of reasons my expectations were so low was his age and lack of growth in 3 years.
His play has been a pleasant surprise.
The fact that he improved so much at 23 years of age gives hope that there is still growth in him.

Reaction Score
I have been a Facey critic for a few years and actually predictated that his position was the most likely one to be lost .
Of course I thought Diarra would sneak in there before I knew he was out for the year.
One of reasons my expectations were so low was his age and lack of growth in 3 years.
His play has been a pleasant surprise.
The fact that he improved so much at 23 years of age gives hope that there is still growth in him.

His performance has absolutely improved from last year and the second half of his soph year. But the start of his soph year he was our PF and had 14 and 9 against Duke, 10 and 8 against WVU, and 9 and 11 against Temple at the start of the season. He's always had talent, he just never had the confidence until now. I honestly believe the improvement is mostly mental. We always knew he had a nice touch (remember the vid after his freshmen year of him hitting 3's consistently?), we always knew he had bounce, could board, etc. He just could not deal with the mental aspects and was so hideous defensively (rotation nightmare) that any offensive contribution had to be mitigated due to defensive shortcomings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom