Facebook Recommend | The Boneyard

Facebook Recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm still not seeing this button and I really want to do it. I'm using Chrome and I've turned off my adblockers, though that shouldn't affect the Facebook thing.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The recommend button won't appear at the bottom of a thread with Chrome.

Instead of seeing Twitter's logo and link, in Chrome you will only see the word "Tweet" - you won't see the Facebook link at all.

They'd just rather you use Google+. Kinda evil.

Reaction Score
The recommend button won't appear at the bottom of a thread with Chrome.

Instead of seeing Twitter's logo and link, in Chrome you will only see the word "Tweet" - you won't see the Facebook link at all.

They'd just rather you use Google+. Kinda evil.

I've only got 20 people on Google+ but 800 people on Facebook with about half of those from UConn. Thus I'd rather Facebook it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You just can't using Chrome.

I can see the Twitter and Facebook links in Safari, but they are simply missing in Chrome. However, if you go to the main page of forum listings, there is a Facebook button to the right side - you can recommend the forum listing page, but not an individual forum or post.

Given that it works on at least one page, it seems less likely to a be Google thing and more likely to just be glitch in the site software or just operator error.

(Update - it's amazingly inconsistent. Really a mess.

Where the Facebook recommendation link is in Chrome, it is a Twitter link when viewed in Mobile Safari on my iPad. The Twitter and Facebook buttons appear where they should in individual posts, but on Chrome, there is just the word "Tweet".

In Internet Explorer 9, again, like Safari, the Twitter button appears on the main forum listing page. In Chrome, that button is for Facebook. At the bottom of each post, IE9 mimics Chrome and just shows the word "Tweet" instead of having Facebook and Twitter links.

So, long story made short - who the hell knows where your Facebook link will show up. If you happen to see it, and eventually you will somewhere, go a head and hit it.)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
But I can see it in Chrome. When I recommend a thread, it shows up on my Facebook page. Is it not consistent? I'll recommend this one and see what happens.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Are you using Ghostery or anything like that? I like to run Ghostery just to manage the ads and tracking cookies on some sites - I've found that it tends to remove the Facebook and Twitter buttons on this site.

Reaction Score
Are you using Ghostery or anything like that? I like to run Ghostery just to manage the ads and tracking cookies on some sites - I've found that it tends to remove the Facebook and Twitter buttons on this site.

Nope. :(

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I can see the recommend button under this thread and I'm using Chrome.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
No facebook. I could make a fake one and recommend every thread on the board if you want :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom