F Jordan Nwora (UConn Offer) | The Boneyard

F Jordan Nwora (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Verbal Commits

Buffalo native who will be playing for Vermont Academy next year. Also runs with NY Rens. Best offers are Auburn, OK State, and USC (Pitt as well, but that was when Dixon was still coaching so I'm not sure if it still holds).

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He has a nice touch on his shots and seems to do a lot of things well. Doesn't seem like a super athletic, high-flyer type of kid. He has some nice size and I could see him being more of a stretch 4 if he is tall enough. Other kids were kind of bouncing off of him in the video.

Reaction Score
He has a nice touch on his shots and seems to do a lot of things well. Doesn't seem like a super athletic, high-flyer type of kid. He has some nice size and I could see him being more of a stretch 4 if he is tall enough. Other kids were kind of bouncing off of him in the video.

Yeah but the fact he has a nice mid range game, or at least has one, is a good thing because he's not a high flyer. He's a strong kid, in no hurry na d has some ball handling skills too like him.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Reminds me of Niang.

Reaction Score
Speaking of shooters in the class of 2017 this Nwora can stroke it and seems to be getting better and better.

Reaction Score
Noted our other recent offer Jericho Sims line not very impressive - 17 min ZERO rebounds 4pts 0 assists o blocks 1 turnover 1 pf

Reaction Score
Noted our other recent offer Jericho Sims line not very impressive - 17 min ZERO rebounds 4pts 0 assists o blocks 1 turnover 1 pf
Shssss, I was hoping nobody would notice that....

Reaction Score
Yep similar size as a wing player. We could always use another shooter.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Harvey is looking like a long shot, I hope we prioritize this kid. Like UConnStats said in April, this kids recruitment is going to really explode. I hope KO is in tight with him.

Reaction Score
Nwora appears to have trimmed his list and eliminated UConn from consideration.

Reaction Score
“They told me I could come in and make a big impact right away and play a lot of minutes as a freshman,” Nwora said Wednesday by phone. “Coach [Rick] Pitino said he knows for sure that he can get me to the league [NBA] fast. So him and Coach [Kenny] Johnson made it clear that I would be able to come in and make an impact right away and play a lot and get to the league.

“I felt really good about it, especially it being said from a Hall of Fame coach so I knew that it would be a good decision.”

This is from a recruit ranked in the 75-100 range by most and 3 stars and outside the top 150 by Scout.com. Either he's much better than this or Pitino is blowing smoke up this kid's butt. I'm sure most coaches do this stuff, just seems even more disingenuous coming from someone like Pitino.

Reaction Score
“They told me I could come in and make a big impact right away and play a lot of minutes as a freshman,” Nwora said Wednesday by phone. “Coach [Rick] Pitino said he knows for sure that he can get me to the league [NBA] fast. So him and Coach [Kenny] Johnson made it clear that I would be able to come in and make an impact right away and play a lot and get to the league.

“I felt really good about it, especially it being said from a Hall of Fame coach so I knew that it would be a good decision.”

This is from a recruit ranked in the 75-100 range by most and 3 stars and outside the top 150 by Scout.com. Either he's much better than this or Pitino is blowing smoke up this kid's butt. I'm sure most coaches do this stuff, just seems even more disingenuous coming from someone like Pitino.

Yea and the part about getting him to league fast is kinda funny when you look at what Pitino has put in the NBA while at Lousiville.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I heard Louisville last week, but I didn't know how in tune this person was, but they knew something. Very interesting.

But being from my area, league, etc. I'm happy for him, he def has blown up and that's a great get for them I think. His game has developed really well and he's going to keep getting better if he works at it.

Coach's kid so I think (don't KNOW) he knows the game well and loves it, so his body now makes him a great prospect.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I think this kid can play in the league if he develops. The foundation is there, that shot and smooth pull up is nice for his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom