Extended Tailgating! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Extended Tailgating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Somebody in every group buys a pass.

I had season tickets for 6 years and only bought parking once. A lot of the season ticket holders I know don't buy parking.

Reaction Score
Ok. But they pay for parking. They aren't walking from home. If they had to pay for a pass up front to get the benefit they would. If they cared about the benefit.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ok. But they pay for parking. They aren't walking from home. If they had to pay for a pass up front to get the benefit they would. If they cared about the benefit.

Most of the people sure.

And so few people care about this specific benefit it doesn't really matter - but would you lose the benefit of being a season ticket holder if you transfer the ticket online?

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
Most of the people sure. And so few people care about this specific benefit it doesn't really matter - but would you lose the benefit of being a season ticket holder if you transfer the ticket online?

I would make it easy and tie it to the passes. Whoever has the right pass gets in. Everyone else doesn't. Anything else is unworkable.

Reaction Score

Sure. And don't get me wrong, they're responding to the feedback, so that's a positive. But I'm sure there are a number of people who get that benefit parking in the Aero Club. Arrive early, stay late, nobody telling you not to throw a ball, short walk compared to the red lot. And it used to be cheaper.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would make it easy and tie it to the passes. Whoever has the right pass gets in. Everyone else doesn't. Anything else is unworkable.

As someone who spends their days trying to get low wage employees to execute on things that seem simple like this... by the second week they will just be letting everyone in.

Laz couldn't keep people out of the blue lots who were using counterfeits so bad they may have just run copies at Kinkos.

The demand will be so low and the non-pass holders so few it won't matter.

Reaction Score
They don't get in.

I'm not sure what you're struggling with here.
Agree...
No bad to the bone...head but many do not realize traffic 5 hours before a game is the least of our problems this year. They are looking for traffic in general.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that you don't go to the games as you didn't take my offer of free beer...

Yes, but we don't tailgate, so coming early doesn't hold much for me. You confused me with the free beer reference as well.

I'm willing to bet the number of people who come early without a pass will be minimal, so one of two things will happen...

1) They'll be turned away.
2) They'll be waved in.

Either way, no problem.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Yes, but we don't tailgate, so coming early doesn't hold much for me. You confused me with the free beer reference as well.

I'm willing to bet the number of people who come early without a pass will be minimal, so one of two things will happen...

1) They'll be turned away.
2) They'll be waved in.

Either way, no problem.
Serious question - where are they going to be turned away where it will not disrupt the flow of traffic?

Hot dogs and pop corn??

Reaction Score
They need some type of identifier for season ticket holders. Maybe a tag to put on their dash board. You get in with it. Without it you don't.

But I think letting everyone in early is the real answer. They are trying to do something special for season ticket holders. But keeping others out is silly.

Reaction Score
Sure. And don't get me wrong, they're responding to the feedback, so that's a positive. But I'm sure there are a number of people who get that benefit parking in the Aero Club. Arrive early, stay late, nobody telling you not to throw a ball, short walk compared to the red lot. And it used to be cheaper.

Aero Club is the way to go. I'll never park in the lots again. If you park at Aero you can already tailgait an hour early and stay as late as you want. They even let you risk life and limb by allowing you to throw a football with your kids. If they charged $5 more than general parking I'd still park there.

Reaction Score
Serious question - where are they going to be turned away where it will not disrupt the flow of traffic?

Hot dogs and pop corn??

I think you're missing the point that there will be no disruption to the flow of traffic because there will be minimal traffic to begin with. You're overthinking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom