Explaining Rhett Lashlee's Move To UConn And Other Head Scratchers (247 Sports) | The Boneyard

Explaining Rhett Lashlee's Move To UConn And Other Head Scratchers (247 Sports)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
http://247sports.com/Article/Explai...ve-to-UConn-and-other-head-scratcher-50615411

Assistant seeking new, different opportunity

"This is what Lashlee has publicly said about his decision to take a paycut and go to UConn, citing the desire to run his own offense. The thinking there is it could pave the way for better opportunities down the line; Lashlee has not been shy about his ambition to one day be a head coach.

“There’s a certain job satisfaction that is unique to each coach; everyone defines job satisfaction differently,” an industry source said, speaking generally on this scenario. “It might look like a lateral move, or worse, but that coach is saying, ‘What are my career goals and am I on the right path? I may have a top-10-type job from an objective standpoint, but am I taking steps in the way that I want to go?”

Another source in the sport added: “It’s not about the money, at least in its immediacy. You want to be strategic in decision-making. You may take a sidestep or a step back — in pay — but ultimately, (that move) can catapult you to maybe a better offensive coordinator (job) or a head job.”"

Reaction Score
Lashlee showed a ton of confidence in himself by making this move. That makes me feel a lot better about our offensive future provided they can bring in the type of talent needed.

I still have trouble believing that he would have taken the step if he didn't have some idea who is QB was going to be in September. We will see.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
sorry the link doesnt work but its on the front page of the 247 website

Reaction Score
I still have trouble believing that he would have taken the step if he didn't have some idea who is QB was going to be in September. We will see.

Unlike Diaco ... (be prepared for me to repeat this 1000 times)

Lashlee is the kinda guy that has 5 QB ideas in his back pocket. And unlike playing for Warde HS in Fairfield, they all played at a comparable offense with high skilled Lines & WRs. The many surprising things - looking back - is seeing McEntee start in 2010. Then reflect on Whitmer, Boyle, Shirrefs, Anderson. Edsall, in his former life in NE CT, knew how to fill the roster. Lashlee will be better at WRs and QBs. How do I know? Look at Comparable guys like Morris & Montgomery & Norvell & Kingsbury.

Reaction Score
Unlike Diaco ... (be prepared for me to repeat this 1000 times)

Lashlee is the kinda guy that has 5 QB ideas in his back pocket. And unlike playing for Warde HS in Fairfield, they all played at a comparable offense with high skilled Lines & WRs. The many surprising things - looking back - is seeing McEntee start in 2010. Then reflect on Whitmer, Boyle, Shirrefs, Anderson. Edsall, in his former life in NE CT, knew how to fill the roster. Lashlee will be better at WRs and QBs. How do I know? Look at Comparable guys like Morris & Montgomery & Norvell & Kingsbury.

Pudge, as a Fairfield Warde Mustang 2010 alumni please retract your previous statement and use a different school......or else ;)

WARDE EAGLE

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Most of us are too old to remember any High School loyalties ... so no offense was intended.

I'm pretty sure I went to high school back in the early 80's. It's fuzzy. Sports highlight was the Manchester Indians mascot in a bit of a sideline brawl with the East Catholic Eagle during the Thanksgiving game senior year (which was for a trip to the playoff). We loved it until we found out the Eagle was a girl. :oops:

Reaction Score
My well connected Auburn buddy will be giving me some background info on this --if there is any. I asked if there was any back story we might not have heard.
"I have gotten some data from an Auburn trustee in the know. Check in with you later"

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I just want a Pat White identical clone.

Is that too much to ask?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
My well connected Auburn buddy will be giving me some background info on this --if there is any. I asked if there was any back story we might not have heard.
"I have gotten some data from an Auburn trustee in the know. Check in with you later"
Hmmm, you guys ever meet up at the car wash?

Reaction Score
Hmmm, you guys ever meet up at the car wash?

Let me just say that Nostical and Athlete94 are as far apart as TDH and a Navy offensive game plan.

Nostical could walk into a hotel in Texas, see Charlie Strong for the first time, and get invited to Charlie's niece's christening.

By the way. I'm not kidding.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Let me just say that Nostical and Athlete94 are as far apart as TDH and a Navy offensive game plan.

Nostical could walk into a hotel in Texas, see Charlie Strong for the first time, and get invited to Charlie's niece's christening.

LOL, without actually personally knowing either I'd gather as much (except for the christening invite) but I could not resist.

Reaction Score

Heard back today. Bottom line, what we've all heard is on point--Lashlee took pay cut because he wanted to run his own show--still very close to Gus M. Only interesting tidbit was that DB was very involved and likely suggested (if successful in turning offense around) Lashlee would be ripe to take over for Edsall--whenever.
Let's hope it all plays out as planned.

Reaction Score

@Nostical Thanks for blowing right by this post. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom