Every day's a new day | The Boneyard

Every day's a new day

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
It's hard to separate my disappointment with the seaon to date from my expectations for tonights game; I'm always going to root for the Huskies and expect the best. Also, I must admit to being excited over last week's 1st qtr - I know, I'm a sucker. I can't ignore the disintegration of the boneyard over the last few weeks. The vitriol has been high for a while but the recent lack of traffic is more telling to me. It's not my job to hire or fire coaches but the dissatisfaction of the fan base is clear to see, a win today only extends the debate. My preseason expectation of 8-4 included wins over wmu and temple. Even if we run out to 8-4 now, I'll be pissed it isn't 10-2.

Reaction Score
People get angry and feisty when the team sucks. Hell, we fight enough on here in good times. I don't take anything personally and hope nobody else does.

The thing to worry about is the lack of traffic. That means apathy. Not good.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I can't remember a season where I spent so many games frowning and shaking my head.
1347919736_smh.gif

pj

Reaction Score
Well, no one wants to expose themselves to negativity, and 80% of the people around here have been complaining.

Winning would help a lot. I am encouraged by recruiting. The defense is exciting. The offense needs to show progress and show that it is heading in the direction of a dynamic, threatening, spread-and-open-the-field offense where the running game is judged more on ypc than number of carries. DeLeone has been babying this offense, keeping them on training wheels. That has to stop, forever. Succeed or fail, the players have to be challenged to make plays.

Reaction Score
I'd be happy with Pasqualoni and Deleone not doing something else stupid that produces a train wreck that you can see happening from the first half on. I'd be happy if these two would stay back in Storrs. Can't be any worse than having them there.

Reaction Score
Well, no one wants to expose themselves to negativity, and 80% of the people around here have been complaining.

Winning would help a lot. I am encouraged by recruiting. The defense is exciting. The offense needs to show progress and show that it is heading in the direction of a dynamic, threatening, spread-and-open-the-field offense where the running game is judged more on ypc than number of carries. DeLeone has been babying this offense, keeping them on training wheels. That has to stop, forever. Succeed or fail, the players have to be challenged to make plays.

I'm trying as hard as I can to refrain from commenting on coaching/players specifically. There lines are just too blurry, I think, for lots of people around here between critique (which by definition - means reviewing everything, strengths and weaknesses) and simply being pissed off and looking for blame and scapegoats for bad performance.

I have my feelings about the coaching staff, and I've been clear that greatest concern, is in their ability to change, and adapt to what their personnel are capable of.

And you know what? they've done it. They did. They changed, they adapted. We still failed to win against Temple, for simple, SIMPLE, execution things on the field, once the plays they drilled all week were over with, and they had to go back to their fundamnetals in the play book.

The hands positioned right there. The feet moving a little faster here. Getting on the proper shoulder on a block here. Staying on your feet in pass coverage there. Making the right run fit on a run play there (which got corrected, immediately)

We've got 5 games left to play.

I just want to see these guys go out and play to their best of their ability. The rest of the season, is going to determine, if what we saw against Temple - is really the best of this teams ability or not.

That's the hard facts.

Reaction Score
I hope we kick the crap out them and our offense goes wild. Period.

I also fear giving HCP and GDL any breathing room whatsoever. They are cancer to the UConn football program. But, all things considered, seeing the guys be successful inspite of those morons always takes precedence.

So, lets hope we put a good whoppin on fruits.

Reaction Score
It's tough having to watch the team come out play hard and then lose because the coaches don't make adjustments during the game.

Reaction Score
It's tough having to watch the team come out play hard and then lose because the coaches don't make adjustments during the game.

... or the players tire and can't maintain intensity.

Reaction Score
... or the players tire and can't maintain intensity.

Because the coaches failed to prepare them and the lack the ability to give the purpose, direction and motivation.

Reaction Score
Because the coaches failed to prepare them and the lack the ability to give the purpose, direction and motivation.

... if they need the coach to provide them purpose, direction and motivation they shouldn't be on the field at this point!

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

This kind of back and forth is why I've been coming here less often. I think Carl said it pretty well - it's impossible to know for a certainty as to whether this is all on the coaches, the players, or what mix of both but others have obviously made their minds up and anyone who disagrees with them is "obviously" blind - the discourse is not pleasant to read nor it is at all interesting to engage in.

Reaction Score
Why bother with coaches then? You two.....

This kind of back and forth is why I've been coming here less often. I think Carl said it pretty well - it's impossible to know for a certainty as to whether this is all on the coaches, the players, or what mix of both but others have obviously made their minds up and anyone who disagrees with them is "obviously" blind - the discourse is not pleasant to read nor it is at all interesting to engage in.

... if they need the coach to provide them purpose, direction and motivation they shouldn't be on the field at this point!

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

I agree that winning would (and always does) help...however, I'd say the defense WAS exciting. They still have a ton of talent, but they haven't been titillating the last few games....seriously.

Yes, take off the training wheels. Well put. Time to stop playing it safe and sitting on "huge" 14 point leads...and that goes for coaches and players alike.

Once again, I'm expecting a win. Expecting.
I also thought my dang $5 scratch-off was a sure winner tonight, but still I'm expecting again.

Reaction Score

I agree with your point. Historically frustrated. This is not all on the coaches nor all on the players. I personally think that if PP and GDL don't have enough motivation/pride to pull out ALL the stops and stick it to SU and the if these players can't muster a complete effort in honor of Jasper as many have stated, then I don't know what makes a man tick anymore.

Reaction Score
I'm just glad I'm not there. I'm half in the bag already and would be ready to brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom