Evan Daniels: UConn is Kentucky's main competition for Diallo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Evan Daniels: UConn is Kentucky's main competition for Diallo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that we've seen the entire quote, it contains even more nice things about Kemba and more self-deprecating comments about himself. He never says that Kemba would have come simply if he had wanted him. I really don't think it's hard to find things to hate about Calipari, I don't feel the need to twist everything into a hate-worthy comment.

Reaction Score
"He was good," Calipari said this week at the Maui Invitational.

Not great, though, in Calipari's mind. That has changed.

^^Very telling to me. Tells me he only wants "great" players who he doesn't have to make great, not just good players. Works a little for him but if he could coach as good as he can BS, I mean recruit, then he'd have won 2-3 more titles easy.

Reaction Score

^^Very telling to me. Tells me he only wants "great" players who he doesn't have to make great, not just good players. Works a little for him but if he could coach as good as he can BS, I mean recruit, then he'd have won 2-3 more titles easy.
Pretty sure every coach wants only great players.

Reaction Score
If you want to say Cal effed up, he effed up. But if you want Cal to say "I effed up," he's not going to say it.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
He's a great recruiter, but I stand with the guy who said it was a douchey thing to say. I took it as him saying, "I made a mistake, if I wanted him I would have gotten him and UConn wouldn't have a thing", he has definitely said that line "if I want someone I get them" right?

He truly carries himself like a mafia don of college basketball, its ridiculous. Kids, your talent gets you to the pros, not your coach being as big of a as he can possibly be. The list of schools where a kid will not be able to successfully showcase their skills for the next level is much smaller than the list of schools where they can, in my mind. I'm sure I will soon see how wrong my opinion is when the posters whose opinions are "fact" weigh in again
First, thanks tcf15 for the quote, next, kcity quotation marks are for actual quotes from a source not for when you are paraphrasing. This may seem like nitpicking but someone might read your post, see the quotation marks and think Calipari actually said that. He didn't. He gets a lot of high level recruits and when he plays UConn in big games he loses. Yeah UConn.

Reaction Score
Was starting to wonder if the only jumper in the reel was going to be a banked-in three that he essentially missed wide by two feet. But then he made some clean ones towards the end.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Kentucky fans seem to think Ham will be UK bound - no surprise there.

If playing time will be a concern for Ham in his decision, would KO play Larrier more at the 4 to give Ham min at the 3 ?

Reaction Score
Kentucky fans seem to think Ham will be UK bound - no surprise there.

If playing time will be a concern for Ham in his decision, would KO play Larrier more at the 4 to give Ham min at the 3 ?

There will be plenty of minutes at the 2/3 for Ham and Ollie will make everything work for rotations and minutes

Reaction Score
That's really a no brainer right, but most get my point.
What is your point? That you're mad Calipari is able to do what all coaches would like to do if they could?

Reaction Score
First, thanks tcf15 for the quote, next, kcity quotation marks are for actual quotes from a source not for when you are paraphrasing. This may seem like nitpicking but someone might read your post, see the quotation marks and think Calipari actually said that. He didn't. He gets a lot of high level recruits and when he plays UConn in big games he loses. Yeah UConn.

Oh for really? What is the proper MLA method for me to paraphrase? Keep in mind we're talking about a college basketball forum, not a grad school dissertation...

I do want to avoid the truly tragic and highly possible scenario of someone taking something I wrote as a quote from Calipari, and going ahead and putting it in their book, I guess?

Reaction Score
Why would he want to go to Kentucky where the minutes are sure to be diminished? I would think that players who are not top 5 draft picks would want minutes to show off their talent.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He's OAD wherever he goes.
I don't think that's necessarily true. To be completely honest, if he goes to UK he's likely a one and done, because that's what him and the squid would agree on beforehand, whether he's ready for the league or not (hello James Young). If he goes to UConn, he is likely a 2 year player in my mind. Our guys simply aren't pushed towards the league like they are at UK and they don't generate the same pre-draft hype either, both affecting his stock after one year.

Reaction Score
What is your point? That you're mad Calipari is able to do what all coaches would like to do if they could?

Yeah that's my point 77-74 you got it. This is the ignorant 77-74 I guess huh? My point is I'm stupid and made zero sense to you. But who cares?

Reaction Score
The BY will kill Cal for literally anything he says:

Cal - "I was walking through the woods the other day and got mauled by a bear, losing several layers of flesh and having to be hospitalized"

BY - "Serves him right, what a pompous ass to think he could be walking through the woods alone without repercussions. Guy has no idea what his place on the food chain is, news flash, just because you're a bear on the recruiting trail doesn't mean you can handle a real one"

BUConn10

Reaction Score

Don't bother arguing, Leebo made the same pissy high horse defense of Calipari when that quote/article was originally posted as an OT thread, he's one of the board's resident contrarians.

Reaction Score
Don't bother arguing, Leebo made the same pissy high horse defense of Calipari when that quote/article was originally posted as an OT thread, he's one of the board's resident contrarians.

He just happens to be absolutely right in this case. It's embarrassing how insecure most posters are about Calipari. This thread is embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's my point 77-74 you got it. This is the ignorant 77-74 I guess huh? My point is I'm stupid and made zero sense to you. But who cares?
Can't you just say what your point is? You say wanting great players instead of just good players says a lot about him. All coaches want that, so what does it specifically say about him?

Your comments are comedy. His system "works a little for him". Yes, normal rational humans would definitely classify Kentucky's success in the Calipari era as "little".

Last edited:
Reaction Score

My stalker has a better memory of my posts than me...

BUConn10

Reaction Score
My stalker has a better memory of my posts than me...
Don't flatter yourself. It's just become a pattern that whenever someone makes a jab at Calipari on this board, you and another poster are always there to make some drawn out defense of the guy. You are like the guy on the Yankee's message board who butts in to defend the Red Sox manager in the OT thread when someone says something mean. Our programs are rivals and peers, and this is a message board, what are you expecting?

BUConn10

Reaction Score
He just happens to be absolutely right in this case. It's embarrassing how insecure most posters are about Calipari. This thread is embarrassing.
You are the board's other resident contrarian. Anyone wanna make a guess at the third?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom