Euro Footie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Euro Footie

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I started watching Ajax games on TV when Bergkamp was there, through to their amazing teams of 1994-1996. So, in a sorta nostalgic way, Ajax is my favorite club team, even more than Arsenal. When I heard that Bergkamp went to Arsenal, I instantly became a fan.

Since he's retired, I don't follow Arsenal as religiously as I did 10-15 years ago, and check on Bolton and Fulham just as much.

I will say that I do really enjoy watching Barcelona
[/quote]

Dennis was like a god at Arsenal. I only got to see the last couple of years of him though. :(

I do enjoy watching Barca play too. My wife's favorite team.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
My allegiance is up for grabs, I wanted to start a thread about who I should start rooting for but didn't want to clutter this board as I know some are unhappy USMNT and Euro threads are here. I've started really getting into soccer, and the occasional USMNT games aren't enough to quench my thirst, so I want to turn to Barclays. I understand I should probably just watch a bunch of games and decide for myself whose style of play I like most, but I was hoping for some nudges in the right direction. I know if I provide some info it might help
  • I despise the Mexican national team, and can't stand Chicharito. My own weird personal opinion, but it bugs me when I watch Man U. Otherwise I'd probably just be another token front runner fan and go with Man U
  • I want to be able to watch a good amount/all of the games, so I considered Arsenal as I'm a big Yankee fan and know most games are shown next day on YES. I also have the Fox sports soccer channel though. I don't know anything about them aside from it
  • Strongly considering Everton as Tim Howard is simply the man. Know nothing about them either though
  • I don't want to become disinterested in the EPL by pulling for a team that sucks right out of the gate, so Blackburn and everyone else stuck at 2 pts will probably be a no go. If I wanted to watch crappy soccer I'd go watch Avon High (Go Farmington!)
  • Chelsea's black and gold away jerseys are awesome. When I play FIFA it's my go to
This EPL newbie is much obliged for any help!
Tottenham and Stoke should both be very competitive this season. You could do worse than picking either of these. For regular access to games (do you get Fox Sports channel?) - Liverpool and Chelsea are good standbys for appearances. Man U and Man City will almost always be on, but they would make you a front runner. I live (and mostly die) with Newcastle - but following that team is not for the weak of heart. Aston Villa is another possibility. And for a real Sleeper - try queens Park rangers - Their new owner (and the players they just added) make them someone to keep an eye on.

As for picking a team - just watch the games - eventually you will turn on a game and recognize a player or two and find yourself rooting for them. Soon enough you'll be buying a shirt or flag and planning whole weekends around their games....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Stoke is my 2nd team, mostly because the name Stoke City made me laugh when they came up. Now it seems they are carving out their own niche.

Reaction Score
Fascinating day in the UEFA Champions League. Manchester is not the center of the soccer universe after all. ManU looked good to go after two early goals, but Basel scored 3 straight to take the lead in the 2nd half before ManU got an equalizer in the 90th. ManC lost 2-0 against what is looking to be a really good Bayern Munich.

Inter got a win and looks like they may be settling down after a managerial change this past week, and Madrid did what they do, with the side benefit of Kaka looking like Kaka again?

Tomorrow's most interesting match is likely Chelsea/Valencia, and next week brings us Euro2012 qualifying and national team matches

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Inter got a win and looks like they may be settling down after a managerial change this past week, and Madrid did what they do, with the side benefit of Kaka looking like Kaka again?

I thought Kaka was looking like his old self preseason. I expect he will have a good year. He's just gonna have to split time with Ozil who's in great form.
Tomorrow's most interesting match is likely Chelsea/Valencia, and next week brings us Euro2012 qualifying and national team matches

And of course Arsenal - Olympiakos. :)

Reaction Score
Super random and slightly OT, does anyone on here play FIFA 12 on 360?

Can we get a Boneyard Pro Club started up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom