ESPYs - Best Female College Athlete Award | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ESPYs - Best Female College Athlete Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Courage Has No 'Right' Or 'Wrong' Choice

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/13273749/courage-no-right-wrong-choice

The debate around Caitlyn Jenner's "worthiness" in receiving the Arthur Ashe award shouldn't be a debate at all. Worthiness, and courage for that matter, is not exclusive to one thing.
The debate about who is most courageous is always going to be a tough one. Jenner has indeed shown a ton of courage, but the idea of pitting as Michelle notes a lot of worthies up against each other to vote on who has shown the most courage is just not one that I would feel comfortable with when the result is that you end up with a group of courageous exemplars who wind up trailing behind. Who really has the right to be the judge here?

For those of you who did not link to the ESPN article, Michelle does include a Husky snippet in her examination of the worthiness question.

"There's the national radio host who asked me to do an interview about the Connecticut women's record-setting NCAA win streak four years ago and opened by asking how I could possibly equate what the Huskies women were doing to the UCLA men. As if it were too ridiculous to even ponder."

Not sure who that national radio host was, but Michelle did speak many times during the streak and just after the tight 65-64 win over Baylor that kept it alive she said the streak would end that season and that the Stanford game was a likely endpoint. Doesn't necessarily win her any genius points, but definitely one who knows her stuff better than just about anyone who isn't her namesake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom