ESPN's Top 25 For Next Year | Page 5 | The Boneyard

ESPN's Top 25 For Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Talent with Poor coaching spells disaster every time....Look at every team outside of USC, ND and UCONN......

So true, and also the converse of that..... average rosters with talented coaching ....well there is a chance..... shows how valuable responsible and decent coaching plays well in WCBB

Reaction Score
Was thinking..... in my handicapping, as well as all others who have posted here..... no top 10 appearances from the Pac 12.

In ACC there are a few who will vie for the title...... in SEC, Tennessee and USC are there at the top..... (and who knows where A&M and KY will show) Big 12 displays Baylor and Texas....

But are there any out there who think AZ State, Cal, UCLA, Oregon State, or Stanford will show well this coming year?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Should a Blue Devil fan really be asking UConn to bring more to the table than they have the last many times they hooked up with UConn? Sure, maybe not likely that they would play again next year unless they collide in a first or second round Tournament game, but the margin in 7 games over the last 6 years is 29.0, and the Devils have given UConn about as much of a game as a quintet of a 99% stoned Grateful Dead fans after a concert.

The Blue Devils players probably saw too many buses this year for the well-being of their backs, but the vehicle below is one they really need to avoid.

4522597409_5d283e8193_m.jpg

Reaction Score
Should a Blue Devil fan really be asking UConn to bring more to the table than they have the last many times they hooked up with UConn? Sure, maybe not likely that they would play again next year unless they collide in a first or second round Tournament game, but the margin in 7 games over the last 6 years is 29.0, and the Devils have given UConn about as much of a game as a quintet of a 99% stoned Grateful Dead fans after a concert.

The Blue Devils players probably saw too many buses this year for the well-being of their backs, but the vehicle below is one they really need to avoid.

4522597409_5d283e8193_m.jpg
Nice... So what are your thoughts on this upcoming year?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Nice... So what are your thoughts on this upcoming year?
Guessing that Duke will not have double figure losses this coming year, though of course there are a lot of unknowns here. Salvadores and Lambert will come in at a desperately needed PG spot for the Devils, but of course there is a big learning curve in all this. Greenwell should be steady behind Stevens who inherits the status of the key Devil spotlight player. But with a huge percentage of the rebounding post presence graduating, the Devils will need some step-ups in the post, as their big incoming class is very largely guard oriented, which could bring about the potential for transfers in the future. Among the top 4 in the ACC, and I'm guessing something like 26-8 for the season.

But I certainly am no expert on the Devils' future performance like his lordly one who always nails their fate with his superior wisdom. So why not ask him to convey his prescience upon you like he did last year, being the expert of experts on all things WCBB?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
But I certainly am no expert on the Devils' future performance like his lordly one who always nails their fate with his superior wisdom. So why not ask him to convey his prescience upon you like he did last year, being the expert of experts on all things WCBB?
Was this argument over the date of an article? Really?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Until the mods lock up this thread and I get another message from them to be nice to our stressed-out Dookie visitors who think they are L'il Hot Stuff in their own minds, I'm quite willing to keep keep kicking devil butt while browsing through all that interesting stuff on the Den and RebKell from way back. It is off season after all. And please keep the French coming, as it does show your high breeding and pretensions.

Kicking devil butt?
#Delusion
#ConvinceYourself

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Reaction Score
I thought I would change the subject.
1. Connecticut
2. Baylor
3. South Carolina
4. Tennessee
5. Notre Dame
6. Florida St
7. Duke
8. Louisville
9. Ohio St.
10.North Carolina

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I thought I would change the subject.
1. Connecticut
2. Baylor
3. South Carolina
4. Tennessee
5. Notre Dame
6. Florida St
7. Duke
8. Louisville
9. Ohio St.
10.North Carolina

No Maryland?

Reaction Score
No Maryland?

My fault. I didn't transpose my notes accurately to the laptop. Thanks for checking on me.

1. Connecticut
2. Baylor
3. South Carolina
4. Tennessee
5. Notre Dame
6. Maryland
7. Florida St
8. Duke
9. Louisville
10.Ohio St.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Isn't Imovbiah an interior player? Wouldn't Wilson, Coates, and White soak up most of the minutes at the 4-5 positions?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Was this argument over the date of an article? Really?
You got something better to argue about? We could go back to Bria's height, or what a set shot is, or what is the minimum average of a good FT shooter is, or whether the the 2002 or 2009 or 2014 team was better, or whether Swanier or MoJeff was faster, or which Husky player has the best dance moves. All of them would be intellectually challenging subjects, I guess.

But as a Taurus type from April, when a Dookie tells me the July 29 is in my month, I just say that's bull.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You got something better to argue about? We could go back to Bria's height, or what a set shot is, or what is the minimum average of a good FT shooter is, or whether the the 2002 or 2009 or 2014 team was better, or whether Swanier or MoJeff was faster, or which Husky player has the best dance moves. All of them would be intellectually challenging subjects, I guess.

But as a Taurus type from April, when a Dookie tells me the July 29 is in my month, I just say that's bull.

One can argue about what a set shot is? :confused:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
As I posted in the USC thread, Staley was looking to add a big - possibly from the JUCO ranks - to her one-player 2015 class of Canadian PG Shay Coffey. We were heavily recruiting 6-3 JUCO Evelyn Akhator, but sounds like we won't be in her final group. We're deep in the mix for Italian 6-2 W Cecilia Zandalasini as well, and since Imovbiah will be playing her 5th senior year - and therefore is a one-and-done player for whoever she plays for - we may bring her in plus another, and benefit from her seniority and leadership while White and whoever else develops. Or we could just bring her in, be done with the 2015 class, and look for another highly regarded big for the '16 class.

But again this is not official yet - Coach Staley tweeted the program just got an addition, but of course couldn't say who it was. May be more official news is put out tonight or tomorrow, and it may end up not even being Imovbiah. But the timing of it all seemed to click....

A class of Colley and Zandalisini with Imovbiah as a one and done would make me VERY happy. Colley, while not highly regarded is a 4 star gamer out of Canada. She's mature and athletic with a big body. She'll give us more size at point (she's bigger than sessions/cuevas) or she'll be moved to the 2.

Everybody knows about Zandalisini. She's a player that could really help us begin to chip into that talent gap between UCONN/ND and USC.. Apparently she's really high on SC.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Crazy, isn't it? A set shot is a shot of a set, usually a set of 6 to 10 shots. The sets typically come in a box, but not a bag. Anyone should know that.....

Thanks for the enlightenment. I would think that a set shot would not be a set that varies from 6 to 10, but a set amount (excluding the null set, else why would you do it?)

Reaction Score
My opinion...
1.) Using "waiting tables" as part of a jab is as lame as it gets. Pretentious to the max (and no, I don't wait tables for a living).
2.) UConn is the only for sure thing about this list. ND, SC, Tennessee, FSU, Louisville, Baylor and possibly Oregon State being the main challengers. Duke, UNC, ASU, Ohio State, Maryland and Texas will all be in consideration as well at some point.
3.) Russell and Deshields will be a bigger and better addition to a top team than anyone else. That is just my prediction. If I have to eat crow, I will. There are some fantastic players coming in and I am excited to see KLS and Anigwe for Cal the most outside of Cooper and Jackson for Tennessee. It seems as if Anigwe, KLS and Cooper are all pretty close friends based on social media so it would be fun to see those three lead the race for NFOY honors.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My opinion...
1.) Using "waiting tables" as part of a jab is as lame as it gets. Pretentious to the max (and no, I don't wait tables for a living).
2.) UConn is the only for sure thing about this list. ND, SC, Tennessee, FSU, Louisville, Baylor and possibly Oregon State being the main challengers. Duke, UNC, ASU, Ohio State, Maryland and Texas will all be in consideration as well at some point.
3.) Russell and Deshields will be a bigger and better addition to a top team than anyone else. That is just my prediction. If I have to eat crow, I will. There are some fantastic players coming in and I am excited to see KLS and Anigwe for Cal the most outside of Cooper and Jackson for Tennessee. It seems as if Anigwe, KLS and Cooper are all pretty close friends based on social media so it would be fun to see those three lead the race for NFOY honors.

Tell me what you like about Louisville to have them so high on your list ?

Reaction Score
I don't about Duke tbh. I find it difficult to imagine them being any better than they were last year. Maybe fewer losses (25-9 or something like that), but still don't see them making it past the s16. Let's look at their roster by class: SR (Riggs), JR, JR, SO, SO, SO, RSO, FR, FR, FR, FR, FR. They have a lot of talent, but little experience (especially in key roles) and mediocre coaching (IMHO). Now I know Salvadores has international experience (see Chris Dailey on Kia Nurse "she's not really a freshman"), but she is going to be asked to do a whole lot more than Nurse was asked to do last year. I think it will be difficult to avoid an upset in the tournament and even more difficult to beat a #1 or #2 seed with more upperclassmen and more experience.

Reaction Score
Tell me what you like about Louisville to have them so high on your list ?

Not my post, but i can say that from seeing Asia Durr in person last summer, she alone can change the trajectory of a team's fortunes all by herself..... I believe she is by far the best Louisville has ever seen enter their program.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
One can argue about what a set shot is? :confused:
On the BY, just about anything related to basketball and many other subjects has been debated to a fine detail. There's even been an extended discussion about what Geno uses in his hair. Maybe he sprinkles stardust or something.

With Duke, agree that the Salvadores with Stevens and Greenwell connection could make for some intriguing. Unlike the self-proclaimed experts I prefer to let the players actually come together and play before giving a more real opinion, but a player like Salvadores can certainly up the expectation levels.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And with Louisville you have a big class of departing seniors with Smith, Jude Schimmel, Hammond, Vails and Dyer who accounted for over half of the Cards' scoring and rebounding and 60% of the assists being succeeded on the roster by the big incoming class of Durr, Cole and Jones at guard and DeGrate and Fuehring at forward bringing in a new wave of talent for Louiusville. Sounds like maybe a year before the pieces can all expected to fit together really well, but last year's top two scorers Moore and Hines-Allen are back, so who really knows how things will turn out except the self proclaimed experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom