ESPN's Charlie Creme predictions.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN's Charlie Creme predictions....

Reaction Score
A rematch with Ohio State would be interesting to say the least. A healthy Paige would be the difference this time.
I thought AE getting in early foul trouble against Ohio State was a huge factor last year. They also had a couple players that couldn't catch a pass in traffic in that game. Paige makes all the difference in the world and hopefully AE has matured enough no not let floppers get her out of the game.

Reaction Score
First half . Azzi had issues with the press she would let the double team get to her and at times seemed like the game was too fast for her ….
Azzi gets paid to shoot the ball not dribble it. The problem last year was the mental pressure on Azzi handling the ball ultimately hurt her offense. In the second half Nika did take more control and Azzi hit a lot more shots. I personally look at the Big Ten like I do the other teams in the Big East, they could win but not without a lot of help from UConn.

Reaction Score
Let's trust in Huskies, FINAL FOUR !

I don't think we'll win it all, but the farthest we go, the more chances have our actual Huskies to enter legend (top 10 in any category)

Reaction Score
LSU is going to be tough to get out of the tournament and if they play UCLA I think that is a tough matchup for UCLA. LSU will lose to a team like Iowa that can beat them shooting a lot of threes not a team that relies on beating them inside.

UConn has two of the top 10 players in the country along with one of the best defenders so they SHOULD be in the hunt to play for a title. They don't have too many early games where the matchups are terrible and their defense is better than it was early in the season. I have always believed that UConn has the best roster in the country and when they are down a few players they still have great players to play.

I think SC has the best chance to win but UConn has players that can elevate their games to a level to beat any team one time.

Reaction Score
Good points, GoUconn... I'll add that, while we're all about women's college basketball here, we shouldn't ever forget the countless thousands of collegiate athletes who play all the other sports. They're paying the price just as much, if not more, for the upheaval, too, and in mostly media obscurity.
Well, the argument can be made that, without football, we wouldn't have ACC Network, BTN, SECN and would have little coverage of baseball, softball, volleyball, soccer, hockey, lacross etc.

Reaction Score
Actually some people do start by filling in the Elite Eight or Final Four, then work backwards. The first couple of rounds are the least predictable, whereas the Sweet 16 and after tend to be heavily populated by the favorites.
Sure. He didn't do that either.

Reaction Score
Actually some people do start by filling in the Elite Eight or Final Four, then work backwards. The first couple of rounds are the least predictable, whereas the Sweet 16 and after tend to be heavily populated by the favorites.
I like to spiral in from the elite eight and then out again to the first round. Then, if I've missed anyone, I spiral around randomly like a drunken sailor on bingo night.

Reaction Score
Don't shed too many tears for 18-21 year olds who have the privilege to play a sport they love with coaches, trainers, good facilities, plus comodious college accomodation and board (in many cases) AND... a scholarship. No matter the conference it's all a pretty good deal.

Reaction Score
I don't think too many of us are arguing the three seed for the Huskies. But Charlie's been know to have some questionable seeding choices in his bracket - his is strictly for entertainment purposes. What I get absolutely sick of is that no matter what conference UConn is in during the regular season, it never seems to be good enough. That's not the fault of the Huskies. That is why Geno schedules the OOC so tough. This year it didn't pay off.

What's killing UConn is Football. College football and the way it will break up conferences will tear apart basketball for both the men and the women. It's a disgrace.
UConn leaving the 'Big East' to play the big football basketball teams league, was in the wrong direction. Returning back, I believe turned out to be a blessing for the B.E. & UConn. Our basketball teams became lost in the previous adventure & look as us now. The men are rated #1 in the country & women #3, with our many injuries ! Yes, our football team has issues which dragged us into the previous situation.

Reaction Score
And KK. Throw Ash in there and the Huskies have enough ball-handlers to beat a press. Last year it was just Nika and Lou.
Agree on more ball handlers plus sure that Geno and the coaches have emphasized breaking a press in practices.

Reaction Score
Don't shed too many tears for 18-21 year olds who have the privilege to play a sport they love with coaches, trainers, good facilities, plus comodious college accomodation and board (in many cases) AND... a scholarship. No matter the conference it's all a pretty good deal.
Yes and let's not leave out NIL $ opportunities. Get a college degree, do what you love doing, and even make some money doing it. Not a bad gig. No wonder we see more and more players extending their eligible college playing years into grad school.

Reaction Score
I’m not too concerned with the number of players available. If Azzi and Aubrey were the other two I’d be fine with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom