ESPN WCBB website is pathetic | The Boneyard

ESPN WCBB website is pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
It's 11:00 on 1/18 game day and they're not even showing the schedule for today. I suppose we should be thankful for any exposure but it's really obvious that WCBB is an afterthought.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Just now updated - think they're monitoring the Boneyard ?? ;)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Most of what resources that ESPN and the NCAA give to WCBB is focused on March and April, starting in a smaller way with the conference tournaments and then kind of expanding for March Madness. Perhaps someday we will see a NCAAW listing on the ESPN menu, but you will die a quick death if you hold your breath for the sport to be moved out of More Sports selection along with Poker and Cricket.

But at least ESPN provides the basic stats and a few stories for WCBB, unlike slimeyball CBS Sports that totally ignores the sport (no links to anything) unless they have a video of a female player punching an opponent. And despite the nice record books and stats are for the NCAA, its ongoing attention to any stories or media about the "minor sports" like WCBB is minimal. ESPN is at least making a try, though we're still very much in those challenging developmental years.

Reaction Score
And speaking about ESPN. I have noticed over the past few days that ESPN has focused on Coach K's run up to a 1000 wins. And that is a great accomplishment for him. Now I am interested to see if the do the same for Geno as he approaches and surpasses the 1000 win mark. That would be equal treatment. But I have my doubts. But a man can dream, can't he.

Reaction Score
At least ESPN HAS a page for WBB. I think they do a reasonably good job, probably better than the # views justifies. If you want to see something REALLY pathetic, go to SI.com

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
You get what you don't pay for.....

ESPNwbb has three to five writers who contribute. Can you point out to any other organization that does that.

FWIW, usually they switch the previous nights scores out late morning.... it's the logical transition for folks who wake up, drink coffee and check the sports page to see what happened. Later on, you check to see what's going to happen. if you're that eager to look into the future, they have all the games listed by day.

Reaction Score
You get what you don't pay for.....

ESPNwbb has three to five writers who contribute. Can you point out to any other organization that does that.
You mean besides the CT Post?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Oh c'mon, it's not that bad. There's a zillion or so writers at work for that Women's Hoops Blog site, pulling in everything you need to know from around the nation. I'm sure because of the importance of their work they're being paid big moolah.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The page for both genders flips at noon, unless there's a game before then that is being covered.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Oh c'mon, it's not that bad. There's a zillion or so writers at work for that Women's Hoops Blog site, pulling in everything you need to know from around the nation. I'm sure because of the importance of their work they're being paid big moolah.
We get paid TWO zillion! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak