ESPN Rankings updated | The Boneyard

ESPN Rankings updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh god this thread is going to be fun...

I don't see how you can justify dropping Gilbert, but hey, we'll see what his game has to say about that this year.

Reaction Score
Juwan's the only one that seems to have been actually moved down as opposed to just being pushed by other movers, and I guess that's not shocking when they've seen very little of him recently.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Jackson and Diarra essentially are the same.
Durham was hurt, no need to complain about that.
Gilbert dropping after being named burger boy and Jordan AA is a joke.

Reaction Score
Queue the uconn treatment on rankings complaining.

I'll bite, and ask for the millionth time...why didn't we go after brown? It's like Durand Scott (?) All over, except we barely even showed interest this time, and Miami probably didn't even need to show him the cash. I think we'll miss not going after him

Reaction Score
I can't express how much I love Bruce Brown... Let's hope we had good reasons for not pursuing him. We could have really used him.

Reaction Score
I don't see how Gilbert falls after a senior year in which he accomplished the following:

- named Georgia's Mr. Basketball
- won State Title
- only public school at HS National Championships
- BEAT flippin' Finlay Prep at this tourney before losing by a bucket to Oak Hill
- McDonalds All American
- Jordan All American
- USA Today 3rd Team All American

But hey, it's much more important both of Miami's names are 5 stars because they're going to the ACC!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is all BS - who cares
All for will be #1 as National Champs before they leave Storrs
UConn has won with lower ranked players

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Like @CallMeBruce said he wanted to play PG, and that limited his options. That's why a 5* player like Brown ended up with a top 5 of Miami, Indiana, Xavier, Purdue and UMass.
4 top 25 programs last year? Two top programs (Indiana, Xavier). Why is that bad?

Reaction Score
I dont feel we missed out on Brown, i feel Brown missed out on us.

Reaction Score
4 top 25 programs last year? Two top programs (Indiana, Xavier). Why is that bad?
Not saying it's bad - just not the typical final 5 for a player that will likely be a consensus 5* player.

If I were to provide that list of schools, and say guess where this player is ranked, I'd imagine the responses would be closer to top-75 and top-100 range as opposed to top-25.

Reaction Score

Miami - second class citizen in the ACC
Purdue - second class citizen in the Big 10
Xavier - TBD, really good program that should have a really good team next year, but still hard to shake the mid-major label
UMass - second class citizen in the A10

Indiana is really the only premier program that was after him. As tcf said, nothing wrong with the group of schools he chose from, it's just that, when you look at the other programs that landed five stars - Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, Michigan State, Arizona, Louisville, UNC, even 'Nova - there is a clear distinction to be made between them and Miami/Purdue.

Reaction Score
Oh god this thread is going to be fun...

I don't see how you can justify dropping Gilbert, but hey, we'll see what his game has to say about that this year.

He fell 2 spots, he wasn't necessarily dropped. He was probably more likely displaced by others jumping up.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He fell 2 spots, he wasn't necessarily dropped. He was probably more likely displaced by others jumping up.

The point is that Gilber was ranked #28 and since that ranking accomplished the following:
- won State Title
- BEAT flippin' Finlay Prep at this tourney before losing by a bucket to Oak Hill
- McDonalds All American
- Jordan All American

So, what did players ranked #29 or lower do that is more accomplished than what Gilbert did?

Reaction Score
Presumably "accomplishments" are only a portion of how kids are evaluated, if it comes into their 100-point score at all.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The point is that Gilber was ranked #28 and since that ranking accomplished the following:
- won State Title
- McDonalds All American
- Jordan All American

So, what did players ranked #29 or lower do that is more accomplished than what Gilbert did?
Do you think his ranking would have improved if that list above included, "Grew 3""?

Reaction Score
- won State Title

- McDonalds All American
- Jordan All American

Not sure these should have any effect on his ranking, the third bold point definitely should not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom