ESPN/Phil Steele AAC Conference rankings/preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
American forecast: Houston (probably) won't lose

East:
4. Connecticut Huskies
i

There are some factors pointing down for Connecticut. The Huskies were -26.8 yards per game in American play last season. They rate a Stock Market Indicator of -3.5. And they were +3 net upsets last season. However, this team is by far coach Bob Diaco's best, and it benefits from the bowl practices earned last season. The Huskies' 16 returning starters are second most in the league. Connecticut does draw Houston and Navy out of the West, but it has my No. 2-rated defense in the league and has a great shot at getting back to a bowl again.

Reaction Score
American forecast: Houston (probably) won't lose

East:
4. Connecticut Huskies
i

There are some factors pointing down for Connecticut. The Huskies were -26.8 yards per game in American play last season. They rate a Stock Market Indicator of -3.5. And they were +3 net upsets last season. However, this team is by far coach Bob Diaco's best, and it benefits from the bowl practices earned last season. The Huskies' 16 returning starters are second most in the league. Connecticut does draw Houston and Navy out of the West, but it has my No. 2-rated defense in the league and has a great shot at getting back to a bowl again.

Yards per game is meaningless if you don't account for the style of defense/offense. Bend don't break = give up yards but don't give up points.

Reaction Score
Do you mind posting all of the projections? I don't have ESPN Insider. No chance I'm giving ESPN real money.

With all the tax breaks ESPN got from Malloy, ESPN should be giving us money to read their articles

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Everyone rates USF highly. I'll believe it when I see it.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
UConn finishes no lower than 2nd place in the East this year. Cincy is NOT winning the division. They will be handed their arses when they arrive at The Rent on 10/8. 5-1 heading to USF on 10/15.
I just ate Cheerios that may or may not have been laced with something but I stand by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom