Erica, Diamond, Kaela, Brianna Win Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
FIBA Link

Beat Spain for the U18 3 X 3 FIBA Tournament 21 - 13

Erica McCall, Diamond DeShields, Kaela Davis & Brianna Turner were team members.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
As I posted in the thread on Turner, UConn asst Marisa Mosely was in Spain watching McCall and Turner.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
As I posted in the thread on Turner, UConn asst Marisa Mosely was in Spain watching McCall and Turner.
That's some nice support from the UCONN staff...

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Marisa had company (assts from Stanford, UCLA, etc).

How many "programs" can/would support the scope of recruiting of one like UConn (and, to be sure, a few of their major competitors)?

We know that Geno and CD both went to Texas and South Carolina. Now Marisa was reportedly in Spain. We can be sure that Shea has been racking up her share of frequent flyer miles, too.

Athletic departments all must operate on/within a budget, and very few have a women's basketball team that turns a healthy profit. Therefore, some skimping inevitably takes place at most schools.

There may be some semblance of parity in some fields of sport, but it is clearly non-existent in wcbb.

I am not registering a complaint, I am trying to get a handle on an important competitive issue.

I think UConn has an advantage. I think it has been earned.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Tough job, but I guess someone has to do it. :)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
How many "programs" can/would support the scope of recruiting of one like UConn (and, to be sure, a few of their major competitors)?

Athletic departments all must operate on/within a budget, and very few have a women's basketball team that turns a healthy profit. Therefore, some skimping inevitably takes place at most schools.

According to a Jim Fuller re-tweet, Brianna Tuner's Dad tweeted a shout-out to the schools who sent coaches to watch Brianna play in Spain:

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller
MT @BJT21: S/O to colleges that traveled to Spain to watch B. Turner win gold: Duke, Baylor, Rutgers, N. Carolina, Uconn, Stanford, Texas.

We know UConn and Stanford were also there to watch McCall. Are any of the listed schools recruiting Kaela Davis? I'm just wondering who might've been in Spain to watch her play.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I wonder if Tenn was there as they're also recruiting Turner and of course Kaela Davis.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I wonder if Tenn was there as they're also recruiting Turner and of course Kaela Davis.

You'd think Turners father would know if they were there or not.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It's not like Tenn's particular shade of orange is hard to miss.

Exactly. And don't you like Red, White and National Flag Blue a lot better? So American!

Reaction Score
I wonder if it was Shea's turn to remain at home to watch over the team?

Peace,

John Fryer

Reaction Score
I wonder if it was Shea's turn to remain at home to watch over the team?

Peace,

John Fryer
Maybe Marissa is the lead recruiter for the two front court players.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Could be. Geno and Shea were seen at an AAU event in TX over the weekend, undoubtedly watching Recee Caldwell among others. Not sure where CD was, but I'm sure she was checking out some player(s) somewhere.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

I think that's the likely answer, Shea is the guard's coach

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I believe the NCAA only allows three coaches on the recruiting trail at one time. Marissa and CD coach the bigs.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I think that's the likely answer, Shea is the guard's coach

Yes, Shea is the guards' coach but I recall vividly seeing pictues posted here on the Boneyard early during the recruitment of Kiah Stokes that showed Shea representing UConn and Pat Summitt herself representing you-know-who.

I have to think there must have been occasions when Mosely scouted guards (Chong?) or Shea watched forwards/centers.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm sure the logistics of who is available to visit means that sometimes Shea will visit a post, or maybe one of the coaches has a prior relationship, or "clicked" in a call or visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom