EPL Week 3 | The Boneyard

EPL Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The English may hate Friday EPL games... It's perfect for the US.

Anyway best of luck tomorrow to Stoke, Palace and Swansea.

Here is to many goals, and by many I mean more than 2.5 for Newcastle, West Ham and Spurs.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Interesting matchups - feel bad for West Brom - Chelsea will be our for blood. Let's see which Everton squad shows up against Man City and Liverpool visit the Emirates on Monday night. Here's hoping Liverpool play smart. 1 point would be more than acceptible.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
3 minutes into the week and they have already blown an offsides call costing United a goal.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
Time for video challenges - problem with the Rooney goal was the whistle blew before he shot the ball so who knows if he would have scored if the whistle hadn't blown because Newcastle stopped playing

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I noticed that Bayern was on so I switched over. After about a minute I found myself thinking I would rather be watching Spurs-Leicester and Bournmouth-West Ham. How funny is that?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Swansea pulls a draw against Sunderland. Embarrassing but it's a point. I'll take it.

Reaction Score
If I was new to the EPL and looking for a team to follow (not one of the top 4-6 big name clubs) I'd be all over Leicester City. Love their style of play, great home field atmosphere, fun team to watch.

As for Spurs, Levy's continually taking his sweet arse time to sign players, in Orr to get the price down, continues to out Tottenham behind the 8 ball at the start of the season. They should have had a legit striker to pair up with Kane before they played MLS all-stars in July.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
Watched the Swansea City documentary - that is a team that I would root for based off their history and how close to demise they faced before shooting up to the Premier League. I highly recommend watching the 2 hour show.

On a side note- NBC has done such a wonderful job of highlighting all the teams - so it isn't only the TOP 6 teams we know about. The Southampton and Swansea City documentaries have been great to the outside fan and makes the games more than just a game.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Watched the Swansea City documentary - that is a team that I would root for based off their history and how close to demise they faced before shooting up to the Premier League. I highly recommend watching the 2 hour show.

On a side note- NBC has done such a wonderful job of highlighting all the teams - so it isn't only the TOP 6 teams we know about. The Southampton and Swansea City documentaries have been great to the outside fan and makes the games more than just a game.
Yeah I'm hoping to find the Swansea documentary. Only caught the last 10 minutes of it and have been wanting to see it ever since they first announced it being aired in the US. If anyone finds where it may be online or on again, please give me a shout!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I just turned on USA heard Rebecca Lowe say there is no sight of Berahino and they went to commercial.

This ought to go well this morning.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Morrison can't finish a gift penalty. West Brom may never score.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pretty much every chance in the world for WBA for 20 minutes - Chelsea does nothing but then out of nothing scores a goal.

I should have stayed in bed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Chelsea gifted a penalty, played down a man for 40 minutes and WBA still couldn't get equal. Nothing like looking up from the dead bottom.

Reaction Score
Need to figure out how to watch the Gunners take on the Red Sox, I mean Liverpool, at 3 PM today at work.

Reaction Score
Need to figure out how to watch the Gunners take on the Red Sox, I mean Liverpool, at 3 PM today at work.
a strategically placed iPhone or iPad, on mute is my usual method for Monday matches. Love the NBCSN app.

Reaction Score
a strategically placed iPhone or iPad, on mute is my usual method for Monday matches. Love the NBCSN app.

Thanks, though now I need to ask for an App to fix Arsenal's defense. The only reason it is a scoreless draw after the first 45 is because of Petr Cech's fingertips while the Gunners lost a goal themselves due to a very tight offsides call.

Reaction Score
Thanks, though now I need to ask for an App to fix Arsenal's defense. The only reason it is a scoreless draw after the first 45 is because of Petr Cech's fingertips while the Gunners lost a goal themselves due to a very tight offsides call.

Arsenal played much better in the second 45; but, only earned a scoreless draw out of it. Had problems getting past the 10 men that Liverpool had in the box and periodically had to rush back to handle a quick counter. Cech played much better than the prior 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom