EPL Relegation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

EPL Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Interesting article about Premier League teams and their views on Champions league, Europa, and domestic cups. I get the feeling the guy is a bit of a homer for the Prem league and is trying to make excuses for their failures but some of it seems rather true.

The guy is a wanker.

Reaction Score
Interesting article about Premier League teams and their views on Champions league, Europa, and domestic cups. I get the feeling the guy is a bit of a homer for the Prem league and is trying to make excuses for their failures but some of it seems rather true.

http://www.espnfc.us/barclays-premi...league-casts-a-troubling-shadow-over-football

I think Chelsea is running on fumes because of the Prem. It's not like Bayern has to worry about losing to a Newcastle or Tottenham.

Reaction Score
Newcastle has firmly and deservedly planted themselves in the relegation discussion. Wow, talk about a free fall.
Leicester continues to roll. From bottom of the table at New Years to winning 5 of their last 6 (only loss was to Chelsea). They've also got the easiest path for their last 3. Hope they can hang on and remain in the EPL.

Reaction Score
Burnely and QPR are both pretty much assured of being relegated (would be a miracle if either stayed up at this point). That puts Sunderland, Leicester, Hull, Newcastle, Aston Villa, and possibly West Brom in the conversation for the third and final relegation spot. Sunderland (make up @ Arsenal on Wed 5/20) and West Brom (plays @ Man U this afternoon) have both played one fewer game than the rest.

Here are the key remaining matches between the teams at the bottom:
Hull v Burnley 5/9
Newcastle v West Brom 5/9
QPR v Newcastle 5/16
Sunderland v Leicester 5/17
Leicester v QPR 5/24
Aston Villa v Burnley 5/24

Sunderland, Hull, and West Brom have brutal remaining schedules. Newcastle is falling apart internally but has a manageable schedule. Leicester and Villa have more manageable schedules left. Should be a fun final 3 weeks.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
West Brom wins 1-0 against ManU. great result for them. Looks like all relegation teams minus Burnley pulled out big wins today. Newcastle continues their free fall.

I think Leicester's managers interactions with the press are priceless. Hope they stick just for that!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If there is some sort of player of the week award and Boaz Myhill doesn't win it's a travesty. Pulled West Brom out of the relegation fire with 25 of the best minutes a goaltender can play.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
BTW, based on Myhill's international career and name you probably wouldn't guess he's American - born in California.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
And QPR....
Oh yeah...them too...I can't honestly recall the last time QPR won a game....then I realized why. They've only won twice in all of 2015....I hate them

Reaction Score
Here's where it stands, with Hull playing now and down 3-1 to Aresenal in the 2nd half - so it's a loss and the goal differential moves them behind Leicester in the standings. QPR and Burnley are done. I think the biggest wildcard is Newcastle. They have a favorable schedule on paper, but the players have quit on the manager and ownership so they could easily lose out. That said, I'm going with Sunderland as the 3rd team to get relegated w/ QPR and Burnley. I think they get one more point, a draw with Leicester, and that is it.

Villa 35 pts; GD -21 (West Ham, @ Southampton, Burnley)
Newcastle 35 pts; GD -24 (West Brom, @QPR, West Ham)
Leciester 34 pts; GD -15 (Southampton, @Sunderland, QPR)
Hull 34 pts; GD -15 and counting (Burnley, @Spurs, Man U)
Sunderland 33 pts; GD -22 (@Everton, Leicester, @Arsenal, @Chelsea)
QPR 27 pts; GD -22 (@City, Newcastle, @Leicester)
Burnley 26 pts, GD -27 (@Hull, Stoke, @Villa)

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
In my ideal soccer world...Burnley pulls off the miracle three game sweep with Sunderland and Hull joining QPR into relegation....It's not completely crazy too if you look at the schedule.

If Burnley beats Hull this weekend, they have winable games against bottom 10 teams in Stoke and Villa. Hull loses to Burnley and needs to find a point against Spurs (possible seeing they aren't playing for anything I believe) and ManU (not likely seeing how ManU is still fighting to secure that final UCL spot). It's not completely out of the question...

Reaction Score
Sunderland is handling their business down the stretch. Still some work to do for them. Loved that their fans were chanting "Newcastle, are you watching?" at the end. Huge match next Saturday when Sunderland hosts Leicester.

This weekends other key relegation matches:
Leicester v Southampton
Aston Villa v. West Ham
Hull v. Burnley
Newcastle v. West Brom
QPR @ City (Sunday)

Reaction Score
Burnley relegated.

Can't believe Spurs didn't play Yedlin today. And there is a report that they are shopping for another right back. Not good.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well we lost Burnley but no one would miss Hull. Sunderland really came alive.

Newcastle supporters will be the biggest City fans tomorrow.

Reaction Score
West Brom officially in the safe zone with their point. It's a 6 team race for the final 2 spots. Villa looks safe, next weeks Leicester/Sunnderland winner will be safe. Right now 41 is the magic number (or 40 with a better goal differential than Hull).

38 points - Aston Villa has @ Southampton and Burnley
37 points - Leicester has @Sunderland and QPR remaining
36 points - Sunderland has Leicester, @Arsenal, and @Chelsea remaining
34 points - Newcastle has @QPR and West Ham remaining
34 points - Hull has @Spurs and Man U remaining
27 points - QPR has @City, Newcastle and @Leicester remaining
29 points - Burnley is relegated.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
West Brom officially in the safe zone with their point. It's a 6 team race for the final 2 spots. Villa looks safe, next weeks Leicester/Sunnderland winner will be safe. Right now 41 is the magic number (or 40 with a better goal differential than Hull).

38 points - Aston Villa has @ Southampton and Burnley
37 points - Leicester has @Sunderland and QPR remaining
36 points - Sunderland has Leicester, @Arsenal, and @Chelsea remaining
34 points - Newcastle has @QPR and West Ham remaining
34 points - Hull has @Spurs and Man U remaining
27 points - QPR has @City, Newcastle and @Leicester remaining
29 points - Burnley is relegated.
Newcastle has 36 points.

Really bummed that Burnley got relegated. Was hoping they'd pull out the miracle but oh well. I wouldn't mind Hull going down, in fact I'd prefer it, but I'm really enjoying the Newcastle implosion and hoping they go all the way down into relegation. Would really like to see Leicester stay up and QPR might as well be considered relegated as well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
QPR really looked interested in staying alive this morning.

Unless Hull beats Spurs not going to be much drama.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I stopped watching this morning after the third MCFC goal which was ridiculous - I wish I had stuck around for the comedy.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
QPR really looked interested in staying alive this morning.

Unless Hull beats Spurs not going to be much drama.
There really should be some kind of rule stating that if you lose 6-0 in a game you must win to stay alive in the Premier League next season, you aren't allowed to come back for 5 years! I really dislike QPR and hope they plummet down the tiers of English football.

Reaction Score
I will not miss QPR or Hull (assuming they go down, which is likely).

The Sunderland v Leicester and QPR v Newcastle matches are HUGE this Saturday. Both Sunderland and Leicester are playing out of their minds as of late, and should be entertaining to watch as both teams will throw guys forward.

Reaction Score
I will not miss QPR or Hull (assuming they go down, which is likely).

The Sunderland v Leicester and QPR v Newcastle matches are HUGE this Saturday. Both Sunderland and Leicester are playing out of their minds as of late, and should be entertaining to watch as both teams will throw guys forward.

Newcastle may throw the entire club out to sea if they can't avoid relegation. When was the last time they won, February?

Reaction Score
QPR might get booted out of The Football League altogether due to financial fair play violations. Conference isn't really considered professional football. That would be stunning.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
QPR might get booted out of The Football League altogether due to financial fair play violations. Conference isn't really considered professional football. That would be stunning.
I wouldn't shed a tear if this happened....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wake up. Turn on TV.

4-0 in the 36th minute. What?

Check score - Mane had a hat trick in 3 minutes. What?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69