3- Spurs
4 - City

18- Sunderland
19 - Norwich
20 - Watford

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A half hour after my post I saw the predictions of who goes down from the wizards at ESPN FC. 2 of the 3 pundits had the same as I did. The third had Sunderland in place of Norwich.

That's the kiss of death for the Cherries.

Reaction Score
1) Arsenal (has to happen one day)
2) Chelsea (very good team; but, lucky with inquiries last year, doubt can do it again)
3) City
4) Man U (still trying to figure out what they are as a team)
5) Southhampton

18) Newcastle (if they play like they did the second half of last season)
19) Sunderland
20) Tottenham (not going to happen with Kane on the pitch; but, I am a Gunners fans, so this is a legal requirement)

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
1- Chelsea
2- Man U
3- Man City
4- Arsenal

18- Sunderland
19 - Watford
20 - Bournemouth

And of course - NUFC to finish between 12th and 15th (Please sign a few more Center Backs)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
1) Chelsea
2) United
3) Arsenal
4) Man City

18) Sunderland
19) Watford
20) Norwich

Swansea finishes 6th. Book it. Return trip to Europa League. (Usually a terrible thing For clubs like Swansea but I'll be psyched)

Reaction Score
Just back friendly, but, a win is a win against Chelsea. Gunners take the Community Shield 1 to 0 over the Blues. Great boost leading into EPL play.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
1. Man City(the last hurrah for this group due to age)
2. Arsenal (injuries will do them in)
3. Liverpool (Benteke and Clyne will add +18 to their total points)
4. Chelsea (over confidant and injuries will hit them in key spots)
5. Man United (4th last yr due to Liverpool's capitulation)
6. Tottenham ( too young and need more up front)
7. Crystal Palace (Pardew is building something)
8. Stoke City
9. Southampton

18. Sunderland
19. Aston Villa
20. Norwich

Reaction Score
Arsenal looked very good today. They got Chec in goal. They looked complete today.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just back friendly, but, a win is a win against Chelsea. Gunners take the Community Shield 1 to 0 over the Blues. Great boost leading into EPL play.
At least it gets the monkey off the back going into the season. A nice start to the season also.

West Ham United
Crystal Palace
Liverpool
Newcastle

4 winnable games with no CL playoffs to deal with until the International break.

Reaction Score
Gunners looked good yesterday (throws up in mouth).

Cannot wait for the season to get going. Spurs first 6 weeks are manageable to get some early points (exception being week 1)
Aug. 8. Man U - Away
Aug. 15. Stoke -Home
Aug. 22. Leicester - Away
Aug. 29. Everton - Home
Sept. 12. Sunderland - Away
Sept. 19. Crystal Palace - Home

Hoping Man U gets off to another slow start this season (doubtful since they have a year under LVG's system), but the next 5 should all be wins. Will be interesting to see how their young talent gels and steps up.

Reaction Score
Gunners looked good yesterday (throws up in mouth).

Cannot wait for the season to get going. Spurs first 6 weeks are manageable to get some early points (exception being week 1)
Aug. 8. Man U - Away
Aug. 15. Stoke -Home
Aug. 22. Leicester - Away
Aug. 29. Everton - Home
Sept. 12. Sunderland - Away
Sept. 19. Crystal Palace - Home

Hoping Man U gets off to another slow start this season (doubtful since they have a year under LVG's system), but the next 5 should all be wins. Will be interesting to see how their young talent gels and steps up.

I give credit where credit is due. Tottenham usually plays the top teams tough, especially Arsenal.

While this is LVG's second year at the helm of Man U, I have a sense his system is not yet in place, just look at the Di María saga. I expect the Spurs to at worst get a draw Old Trafford. The problem with the Spurs is that they have the tendency to also play down to the level of the teams they play. Thus, I can them drawing or losing at home to one of the three - Stoke, Everton, and Crystal Palace. That said, not a bad start to the season for the Spurs, on paper.

Outside of leaky Liverpool, the Gunners will have most of September to warm-up, which is good because the middle of their season looks tough between EPL and Champions play.

Reaction Score
I follow the Bundesliga exclusively; could some of you guys who follow both Bundesliga and EPL give me a bit of a comparison between the two league styles (generally)?

I have the impression that the EPL is more a physical and speed oriented league while the Bundesliga is more tactical and methodical (and maybe disciplined). How far off am I?

Plus, watch out for Shinji Okazaki, who transferred from my Mainz 05 to Leicester City. If he adjusts well he could impress a bit.

Reaction Score
I follow the Bundesliga exclusively; could some of you guys who follow both Bundesliga and EPL give me a bit of a comparison between the two league styles (generally)?

I have the impression that the EPL is more a physical and speed oriented league while the Bundesliga is more tactical and methodical (and maybe disciplined). How far off am I?

Plus, watch out for Shinji Okazaki, who transferred from my Mainz 05 to Leicester City. If he adjusts well he could impress a bit.

Some people think EPL is more kick and rush.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Is Fox starting their Bundesliga coverage this season? Will be nice to be able to watch some games. Couldn't stomach watching GOLTV or whatever it was called!

Reaction Score
No, in Mexico the most coveted award is the Golden Poop Bag given to the fan who hits the most players from the opposing team with flying bags is shi!.
true story... flying bags and/or cups of piss and sh1! are not that unusual at Mexican games

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I'm not a "tactical" expert, but your synopsis is pretty close. From my view the EPL is a lot of long balls, bring it down the wings and cross into the box, overlapping outside backs coming into the attack. It is definitely more physical. I've watched some, not a lot, Budesliga and it does appear to be a little more methodical, short to intermediate passing, less physical. I've gotten more and more into it hte past couple seasons as it's been on more.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The biggest difference is that the Bundesliga has younger talent that is more technical and appears to be a league where goals are expected. EPL is more physical and a little less technical but the players and teams are have more money.

Bayern is in a class of its own, Wolfsburg is entertaining and the rest of the league is less settled. In the EPL, there are 5 teams that have tons of money and due to the TV contracts, teams like Stoke City can now buy players from Barcelona

Reaction Score
The biggest difference is that the Bundesliga has younger talent that is more technical and appears to be a league where goals are expected. EPL is more physical and a little less technical but the players and teams are have more money.

Bayern is in a class of its own, Wolfsburg is entertaining and the rest of the league is less settled. In the EPL, there are 5 teams that have tons of money and due to the TV contracts, teams like Stoke City can now buy players from Barcelona

EPL is almost like SEC or the B1G because of that. Stoke and Sunderland get more money from TV now than Juve.

La Liga is weird because the TV money isn't equally distributed with Real Madrid and Barca getting more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom