Epic OT: Most famous person you ever spoke with? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Epic OT: Most famous person you ever spoke with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I ran into Mike Shanahan in a Florida airport right after he'd been fired from the Broncos. I was maybe 16 years old and a Pats fan, so I figured I'd ask him what he thought of Josh McDaniels...the season was a few games in and the Broncos were imploding, Cutler & Marshall both leaving. Shanahan just laughed and said McDaniels was an a hole. That same day I ran into Hasheem Thabeet at like 5 AM at Bradley Airport. I turned around and nearly ran straight into him.

My brother worked as a trainer at a gym in Manhattan and trained Justin Bieber while he was in NYC for the night. This was maybe in 2009 or 2010. Bieber wanted to play a full 5 on 5 game of basketball, so my brother had to fetch people to play with him. He got a group of janitors together to play, and they neither spoke English or knew who Bieber was. They were apparently playing a bit rough with him and Bieber was POed. Bieber checks the ball, noticeably upset, and asks one of the janitors what the score is. The janitor, not knowing English, didn't respond, but just stared back at Biebs. He apparently was just like, " this, I'm out of here" and then punted the basketball into the rafters of the gym and took off.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm a pretty spoiled kid. Well kind of. Mom's family is over the top, old money. Dad's family are garbage truck drivers...

-My grandmother used to be chairwoman of the Toronto symphony and used to throw these freaking monster bashes in Toronto. Sean Connery was there every year until I was like 10. Seiji Ozawa - the asian conductor with the crazy hair was there... then over the years i've met a ton of people..

-Ray Allen was my coach at UConn hoops camp when I was a kid. I feel like i've met almost everyone worth meeting in the baseball world.

-I'm actually *friends* with Andy Card from the Bush White House...

-I have Mick Foley's cell number, was John Cena's RA and RD at Springfield,

-Met John Callipari at a friend's 50th birthday party in Hadley, MA and got smashed with him.

-Carried MA Governor Charlie Baker back to his car after he got blitzkrieg'd at a bar in Springfield after an event.

-My best friend took Enrique Iglesias' sister to the prom

-Mamie Gummer - who is Meryl Streep's daughter, was part of my group of friends in high school.

-Meryl Streep was our swim team's team mom when I was like.. 10.

-Jane Curtain's daughter took riding lessons with my little sister for years. She was (still is) really close with my Mom.

-Roseann Scamardella - who was the lady who Gilda Radner made fun of with her Rosanne Rosanna Danna skits in the 70's - was my advisor in prep school.

-I met John Gotti because my dad worked on his horses at a race track in NYC (My Dad was a horse dentist). He had a lot of celeb accounts at the time... Linda Blair, the Bloombergs, Michael Chricton (he was -ing TALL), Kevin Bacon and Keira Sedgewick, and a couple of others. I met a few, not all.

-Prince Ali of Jordan- who was almost President of FIFA - was my prefect in Prep School.

-And probably the weirdest/best fish story I guess - is Lily Rabe (of American Horror Story) was my girlfriend for 2 years. Probably my most serious relationship outside of my eventual wife.

So those are mine..

I saw James Belushi getting out of a limo at Mardi Gras one time.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Michael J. Fox, Barbara Streisand and George Lucas at a White House Correspondents Dinner. Ray Allen in a restaurant in Old Saybrook. Dikembe Mutumbo and Mike Ditka at Bradley. Anderson Cooper at AU in DC. Pete Seeger at the Durham Fair years ago.

Reaction Score
Met Bob Knight a couple years ago. Also have met Calhoun, KO, Kemba, Shabazz, Geno, and Diana Tuarasi for UConn people

Reaction Score
My friends and I were trolling around the mall one afternoon in like 7th grade when we spotted Diana Taurasi shopping for her National Player of the Year acceptance dress. We walked right up to her and probably talked for 15-20 minutes. She joked around with us and let us prank call all the other players on her cell phone.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I met Marvin Hagler when I was a kid at Malpensa airport in Milan.
Also:
Christina Augliera
Marshall Faulk
Eminem
Two Marshalls. Very nice.

Reaction Score
Common- Hung out for a while real humble super intelligent guy.
Fat Joe- Grew up with my cousins in the Bronx just seen him around whenever we visited
Big Pun- St. Marys park in the Bronx was in a white BMW had a chain on the size of my head. Dude was HUUUUUGGGGEEE!
Hershal Walker- cool guy with a hint of arrogance.
Alicia Keys- Breathtakingly gorgeous! Didnt talk to her. Just sat and stared like an idiot.
Robert Deniro - was in Meriden filming the absolutely awful Jack Knife. Asked me how i was doing and told me to stay in school.
Tom Cruise- Was filming War of the Worlds (not sure) Nothing like id imagine him. Was signing autographs, taking pictures and just talking to people. Saw him later on bringing some coffee to crew members.
Kevin James- ! But his wife was ubsurdly hot. Asian broad.

Reaction Score
I was dating a girl who lived in Manhattan in the early 90's and worked at CBS. I got to meet Connie Chung, Dan Rather, Morley Safer and a few others whose names escape me now. Connie Chung was stunning in person.

Khalid El-Amin at Kahoots.

Reaction Score
Joe Namath
Pete Athis
Emerson Boozer (all in the same commercial + 1 Jets offensive lineman)
John Havlicheck
Zero Mostel
Larry Hagman
Robin Williams
Cybil Sheppard
Buddy Hackett
Meryl Streep
Yogi Berra
Bill Walton
Chris Smith
Kevin Ollie
Ray Allen
Sam Jones
Dave Cowans
George Benson
Bonnie Raitt
KC Jones
Tom Sellick
Mike Tyson
George W

Special award for biggest jerk: Zero Mostel

Reaction Score
In college I had Caron Butler and another player (my buddy-walk on) in my Mazda Miata...no joke...lol. His head was sticking out of the top of the car.

I was at a lounge in downtown NYC and bumped into ed norton (he got carded-lol dumb bouncer). One of the chicks we were with asked him for an autograph, he invited our entire group to sit and chat. He is a cool dude.

Talked to Paul Oneill while he was pissing at the movie theater urinal...lol he was not happy and had a wtf stop talking to me look.

Reaction Score
Hmm,
Jameis Winston as of right now - I'm still young but I met Winston at Walter Camp in New Haven the year he won the Heisman and the National Championship for Florida State, he was alright, kind of acted like a stuckup "future #1" pick at the time as you could imagine

I also met Kevin Youkilis in a Patriots suite box when he played for the Red Sox, other than that my list is not very impressive

Reaction Score
For you old timers I had a conversation with Janet Leigh of Phyco fame
and also the mother of Jamie Lee Curtis.
she was nice and friendly lady she really smoked with a silver cigarette holder
I also had a brief encounter with JFK during the 1960 campaign ,we spoke but I was pretty awestruck.
I had a one way conversation with Andre the Giant in Nashville
he was a Dick with a huge head. We were the only ones there and he never acknowledged my presence.
Contrasted with the old evil manager Fugi who was at the Airport to Pickup another wrestler very cordial.
The old time country star Eddie Arnold sat next to me on a flight and was talkative and very friendly even though I wasn't a fan.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Bo Derek
W. F. Buckley, Jr.
David Niven
Ted Turner
Sloan Wilson
Jackie Robinson
Rocky Bleier
James Carville
Colin Powell
John Riggins
Jack Palance
Treat Williams
Jack Cassady
Jorma Kaukonen
Carrot Top
George Will
Burt Rutan

Last edited:

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I met Spider Man and Captain America at the Milford Mall when I was 6. After that, I stopped trying to meet famous people. Never meet your heroes.

Reaction Score
I met Spider Man and Captain America at the Milford Mall when I was 6. After that, I stopped trying to meet famous people. Never meet your heroes.
Very true
I met Micky Mantle ( a huge boyhood idol ) I was an adult with low expectations and he was true to form, Hopefully he got it before he passed away.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Bo Derek
W. F. Buckley, Jr.
David Niven
Ted Turner
Sloan Wilson
Jackie Robinson
Rocky Bleier
James Carville
Colin Powell
John Riggins
Jack Palance
Treat Williams
Jack Cassady
Jorma Kaukonen
Carrot Top
George Will
Burt Rutan
Carrot Top story please.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Carrot Top story please.
I just reread your list and I can't believe I asked for a story on Carrot Top. But, I did so please tell me a Carrot Top story:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom