Emotional Post Game Press Conference | The Boneyard

Emotional Post Game Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Here's the direct link for the video. .

I used the original link as some had problems when I direct linked the UConn Press Conference. The video is titled.
Elite Eight Women's News Conference: Tennessee

Which video? I get a whole page of videos...30...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Those two plus Izzy were the last of Pat's recruits. A true changing of the guard now at TN. While I enjoy the press conferences, I find the student section of them, especially for senior losers, to be painful. I could do without them. Seldom do you get real insight from the students and most of the questions are banal. The coaches have better perspective and generally get asked fewer of the 'touchy feely' kind of questions that are impossible to answer intelligently.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
They serve no purpose, imho. The questions are generally banal and stupid, the players and coach are in pain. Winners, yes, losers, I don't think so.

Reaction Score
Yeah tough time for their players.... I feel for them... noble job of stepping up for that appearance

Reaction Score
Coaches should have to be there, but the players who have just lost a game, some the last of their career, shouldn't have to be subjected to the press conferences. They aren't professional's who are getting paid large amounts of money for their time.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Coaches should have to be there, but the players who have just lost a game, some the last of their career, shouldn't have to be subjected to the press conferences. They aren't professional's who are getting paid large amounts of money for their time.
Yes and we know how professionals handle press conferences.

Reaction Score
Its not like the reporters are generally asking great questions, or even questions at all. to paraphrase almost every press conference "They went on a run there in the second half, would you talk about what was going on then?" I hate those talk about X questions, reporters should ask actual specific questions.

Reaction Score
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKjEtnnXEHsXE9IvCb92V7g/videos

Even if it the Lady Vols have to feel for their players. Holly, Maryland only shot 5 Free Throws until the last minute when you had to foul them. Game was officiated the same for both teams.
Thanks for posting. I searched the YouTube site yesterday for the Tennessee and Maryland videos and I couldn't find them. I guess they must have been posted later in the day.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
That was painful to watch. I would really prefer to see a bunch of emotionally distraught orange folks.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I agree with pretty much everyone here, that was painful to watch. You could tell that the players, especially the seniors, were trying with everything that they had, to make it to the Final Four in honor of Pat. All of the emotion just came out after the game and during the presser. I can't stand the Lady Vols. But in that (end of the game and press conference) moment, I understand and put my dislike for them and their program on the back burner and just have a lot of compassion and respect for the players. I just wanted to reach out and give those Lady Vol players a great big hug through the TV.

But thanks for the link. Wow. Some cool stuff on there.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Very tough to watch. My heart ached for Massengale.

Still, I couldn't help but notice that Massengale decried their inability to get defensive stops. Tennessee shot 1-11 down the stretch and scored a total of 48 points and the players are wishing they played better defense. I suppose that's understandable when that's all you coach talks about but defense was not the LVs' problem.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Very tough to watch. My heart ached for Massengale.

Still, I couldn't help but notice that Massengale decried their inability to get defensive stops. Tennessee shot 1-11 down the stretch and scored a total of 48 points and the players are wishing they played better defense. I suppose that's understandable when that's all you coach talks about but defense was not the LVs' problem.
The inability to make baskets in crunch time is why they lost. I guess the perfect Tennessee game would be a 2-0 victory.

Yes, defense is important, but it's only half the story.

I too felt badly for Ariel. I'm sure her buddy Morgan did as well.

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree.... baskets in crunch time.... several questionable shots or shot selections down the stretch..... Burdick's air ball with 40 seconds remaining was puzzling.... and a clear drive to the basket when down 51-48 in favor of bringing back out for possible three was a head scratcher for me.... that would have made it 51-50 with almost a minute remaining.... But hey, they are kids.... and things happen.... the three that Ariel was blocked on seemed extremely desperate..... i thought another shot could have been sought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom