"Embarrassed. Humiliated. Disgusted. It's on everybody," | The Boneyard

"Embarrassed. Humiliated. Disgusted. It's on everybody,"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"It's on every single person here. I feel like throwing up. I feel like things have to change; no, they will change. I would have never thought this would have happened after last week." Jesse Joseph

Next, let's go to junior All-America linebacker candidate and captain Yawin Smallwood: "It just sucks," said Smallwood who had a game-high 12 tackles. "We worked hard in the offseason. Things just aren't clicking right now. We're not doing things right. We came out here and got beat. It is what is. We got beat."

And, finally, to senior offensive lineman Steve Greene, whose unit struggled again blocking in a running game that produced 27 yards on 39 rushes: "I don't think anyone would have expected us to come out 0-4," Greene said. "It sucks. I can't believe it. I would have never thought in my college career we would have come out here and gotten blown out — because that's really what it was. We got beat bad today."

Other notable quotes within Hartford Courant Wrap-Up

And as far as change with respect to the coach, a hoarse UConn athletic director Warde Manuel, who was AD at Buffalo from 2005-12, said: "I'm not commenting on that." Manuel's voice might not have been 100 percent, but there was one word that came across clearly several times: "Unacceptable."

Reaction Score
UConn committed four turnovers that led to 17 points. Buffalo’s first 14 points were set up by a fumble and interception by Chandler Whitmer.
“That was completely my fault, no ifs, ands or buts about it, that was my fault,” offensive tackle Jimmy Bennett said. “I (messed) up. I set them up for a touchdown.”

There is actually more to Bennett's quote than that but there are some words that I simply can not put into my blogs or stories and a fired-up Bennett used pretty much all of them.

It was actually nice to see some emotion from Bennett. Too many times, including tonight, the same emotion-less answers come from the UConn players and from Pasqualoni as well. While guys going at each other is not good for team morale, at some point you would like to see some passion coming off a performance like this.

More quotes within http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/

Missed Geremy Davis not playing 4th due to leg cramps.

Reaction Score
And as far as change with respect to the coach, a hoarse UConn athletic director Warde Manuel, who was AD at Buffalo from 2005-12, said: "I'm not commenting on that." Manuel's voice might not have been 100 percent, but there was one word that came across clearly several times: "Unacceptable."

He didn't say "I'll evaluate the coaches at the end of the year...." I take that as hope for us (and the players)

Reaction Score
"Unacceptable."

http://touch.courant.com/#section/2224/article/p2p-77589163/?related=true

Warde Manuel Not A Happy Camper After Loss At Buffalo

>>No, the big guy wasn't happy. The Huskies looked bad.

"No, I'm not … at all," Manuel said succinctly. "We've got to get better. That's not how we should play. It's not my expectation of how we should play. We have to improve. There's no excuse for it. To play like we did a week ago and then to come here and play like we did today. ... It's just not acceptable."

This was the second-worst loss of the Paul Pasqualoni era (40-10 at Syracuse last year) and they've both been to upstate New York teams.

"This is not an acceptable performance by a UConn football team and it's not something that I expect to see," Manuel said. "They are better than we're playing and we need to do something as we approach the conference season. We need to do something different than what we've been doing."

Asked about Pasqualoni's future Manuel said simply, "I'm not commenting."<<

Reaction Score
Warde - you're a football man right?

"To play like we did a week ago and then to come here and play like we did today. ... It's just not acceptable."

Yup - it's not acceptable, and it means that the players have spoken. They played last week......to beat Michigan. They didn't play for their coaches.

This week, they still didn't play for their coaches, and it was Buffalo, not Michigan on the other side.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It was actually nice to see some emotion from Bennett. Too many times, including tonight, the same emotion-less answers come from the UConn players and from Pasqualoni as well.

That's the biggest problem. Forget everything else, this statement...that's the problem.

Reaction Score
"This is not an acceptable performance by a UConn football team and it's not something that I expect to see," Manuel said. "They are better than we're playing and we need to do something as we approach the conference season. We need to do something different than what we've been doing."

They have been doing something different going on 3 years. It's called LOSING. Now YOU need to do something different. YOU.

Reaction Score
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.Albert Einstein, (attributed)
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Reaction Score
This goes on Warde. This a a culmination of failing to make hard decisions for way too long. Pulling they trigger after season 2 was negligent. Not firing after Towson with 2 week prep period, grossly negligent. Not firing after a blowout against Buffalo, criminal. It's time for Warde to finally put on some big boy pants and do his job NOW.

Reaction Score
Action speaks louder than words! Only thing that's "unacceptable" is that PP is still the coach at Uconn.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
LM went 13 for 39 yards. Sadly, an improvement.

C

Chief00

Warde's not the sharpest knife in the draw, but on the other hand at this point this is saw no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom