Eli Manning on Geremy Davis | The Boneyard

Eli Manning on Geremy Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geremy is a bright guy,” Manning said. “He knows the offense very well. He studies hard. He’s really in tune with what his assignments are. He’s got great size. He’s one of our bigger receivers. You can move him around and put him in different spots. He’s going to be really keyed into what his assignment is, so that’s always helpful. Hopefully he can step up and get on a roll and make some plays for us come game time.”

Reaction Score
Geremy is a bright guy,” Manning said. “He knows the offense very well. He studies hard. He’s really in tune with what his assignments are. He’s got great size. He’s one of our bigger receivers. You can move him around and put him in different spots. He’s going to be really keyed into what his assignment is, so that’s always helpful. Hopefully he can step up and get on a roll and make some plays for us come game time.”

Davis will be one of their best receivers if Eli can figure out that the DB's on the other team are not his receivers.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Eli's had more picks bounce off receivers first than any one I've ever seen.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I hope you aren't insinuating he is the reason they havent been in the playoffs lately
Nope just that they haven't been in two years.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Eli played in a deep throw offense up until the last two years and that lead to more int's and more big plays. Now with a more quick release throws he is making less mistakes and is being hit less. Those are two things that will prolong his career and keep the int's down.

Reaction Score
Davis will be one of their best receivers if Eli can figure out that the DB's on the other team are not his receivers.

Tom Brady might beat the Giants in a big game if he can figure out how to beat Eli.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In the fifty years of the Super Bowl only four times has a team that was trailing scored the winning points on a TD drive with the TD occurring in the last minute (and coincidentally, each drive was more than 75 yards). Eli has done this twice.

People can knock him all they want. What he has done in the clutch on the biggest state in sports trumps all of the criticism.

Reaction Score
Nope just that they haven't been in two years.

It's the last 4 years, but who's counting ;)

I hope Davis' hard work pays off and he locks up a spot on the regular season roster, either in the receiving rotation or as a special teams guy.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
GD would have been an animal for us had he played in any other era. He was great against Michigan. I remember him catching a ball deep down the right side of the field on a fly route, fully extended making a diving play in the endzone. It got called back because of a penalty, but was one of the more amazing catches I've ever seen at the Rent.

Reaction Score
Don't know why GD was buried on the bench by Coughlin but I hope he gets a better shot with a new coach in charge. Coughlin was big on veterans even when they were dropping the ball until it was too late and the Giants were out of the playoffs again. Coughlin caught the bug when he won his second Super Bowl. He thought he would get a third. Instead he went out with four lousy seasons with Mara finally having to call it.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
It's the last 4 years, but who's counting ;)

I hope Davis' hard work pays off and he locks up a spot on the regular season roster, either in the receiving rotation or as a special teams guy.
Obviously not me, haha.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Geremy Davis primed for impact season

As a giants fan who follows the team closely. I don't see who plays on the outside across from Odell in a three receiver set besides Davis. Even if Cruz gets hurt you'd assume Shepard or Harris would step in for slot duty. Jmo

Wr1: Odell
Wr2(slot): Cruz
Wr3: Davis

Reaction Score
As with all preseason quotes, I'd take this with a grain of salt. Have you ever heard anything negative about a draft pick or a free agent out of college? Not saying he is not going to do well but it is like quotes after a school signs a recruit. You never hear "we think he will spend most of his college career rooting us on from the bench".

Reaction Score
GD would have been an animal for us had he played in any other era. He was great against Michigan. I remember him catching a ball deep down the right side of the field on a fly route, fully extended making a diving play in the endzone. It got called back because of a penalty, but was one of the more amazing catches I've ever seen at the Rent.

It wasn't called back, it was overturned, and the overturn was questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom