Einstein's definition of insanity? | The Boneyard

Einstein's definition of insanity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
can't seem to find an 'edit' button but in the post above, 'rationale' should be 'rational'.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
All fans by nature are delusional, it's just the level of that delusion that matters. If we go 3-9 but are competive in almost every game but you are pissed we didn't go bowling then I would say you have issues. If we go 1-11 and play boring, unispired football again but you think Diaco is still a good coach then I would say you have issues.

I would say all we should be looking for is progress, progress that leads to better football and progress that will lead to wins.

Reaction Score
That's easy to answer...any hardcore UCONN football fan that sounds 12 months a year on here!

Reaction Score
All fans by nature are delusional, it's just the level of that delusion that matters. If we go 3-9 but are competive in almost every game but you are pissed we didn't go bowling then I would say you have issues. If we go 1-11 and play boring, unispired football again but you think Diaco is still a good coach then I would say you have issues.

I would say all we should be looking for is progress, progress that leads to better football and progress that will lead to wins.
Although I liked your comment, I would stress, that I won't be happy to win the thanks for participating ribbon either! There is a gray area in between. I won't be raging mad and burning husky gear should we win only 3or4 games with many others being very close. However, should we get blown out in contests that we should have won - you won't have to look for me anywhere near the stadium. What are my high expectations for this season??? Simple we win the games we should win, the games we currently on paper and in our coaches speak would sell as the "gimme" wins! Sure you have to play the games, but the fan base can't afford to give those away. Then when we were top in our game even though we were under-dogs we pulled off some upsets. Heck if we could beat UCF last year, and with each opposing team viewing us a joke, then we better get one to two upsets this year - THAT is progress! So a minimum of 3 wins with the ability to hang with our competition in any potential loss - and in my opinion as small as it is, I will be angry but I will be supportive. Less than that, I am sorry but my support goes like the season goes! ....And maybe like I do every year, I will return with hopes that things will improve. The problem is, it just gets harder and harder to do! Eventually, I won't have a choice as I will be supporting this team from another state but until then my voice will be loud it will be hoarse as it is after every UConn home game! It just would be nice if it was hoarse not from yelling at the Huskies but rather trying to aid the Huskies as they win! I am tired of watching a pick six and hoping "please tell me there was a flag on the play not against us!"

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
The particiaption ribbons were given out last year, I think everyone earned one during the BYU game. I'm talking about measuring progress not necessarily thru wins (see last year's joke of a win against Stony Brook) but thru hard fought, well played games (see last year's loss vs East Carolina)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Once again I find myself excited for the start of a season in which my hopes, although not particularly high, exceed any rationale expectation. Then again, 'fan' is drawn from 'fanatic'.
That's part of the fun. You never know. Ask a Met fan.

Reaction Score
That's part of the fun. You never know. Ask a Met fan.

I'm a Mets fan and love the team made actual moves for big league players. Still think Collins needs to go.

But I may be a super fan but I fully believe we are getting to 6 wins this year and it's all cuz this team and staff have learned and grown from last year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Once again I find myself excited for the start of a season in which my hopes, although not particularly high, exceed any rational expectation. Then again, 'fan' is drawn from 'fanatic'.

Every year, I pick UConn men to win the NCAA Basketball Championship in my brackets. I've been right 4 times already.
Every year, I pick UConn women to win the NCAA Basketball Championship in my brackets. I've been right 10 times already.
Every year, I pick UConn football to go undefeated.
My friend, it's not insanity, it's just a matter of time... :cool:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There are all types of fans. I admire the people posting in this forum. You are the hardcore, passionate fans that, when things turn around, can hold your heads up high and know you stuck with the team when others chose to ignore it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You are the hardcore, passionate fans that, when things turn around, can hold your heads up high and know you stuck with the team when others chose to ignore it.

Like another poster said quoting Putty, "“You gotta support the team.” But at the end of the day, going to games is a lot of fun for me. That's why I can't agree with those who want to make it some kind of obligation. That attitude won't sell tickets.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Like another poster said quoting Putty, "“You gotta support the team.” But at the end of the day, going to games is a lot of fun for me. That's why I can't agree with those who want to make it some kind of obligation. That attitude won't sell tickets.
I admire you for being able to find a positive experience in attending games in spite of dismal play/seasons by the team you support. That's a rare quality in anyone. And I certainly would not have guessed that someone who has the gift of writing intelligently succinct posts would be an individual who could do that. Terrific surprise for me.

You are correct. For the most part people are not going to support an event that makes them uncomfortable. And I would guess most, if not all, of the people in this thread understand this. They are attending the games in spite of their discomfort, because they are optimistic that there is still a chance for UConn to get into a P5 conference and believe that the best chance lies in fan attendance. They are sacrificing personal comfort for a goal. There is nothing wrong, imo, with this choice. If people advocate attendance in spite of bad performance and don't judge others negatively for not attending then their sentiment is noble. If they judge others negatively for not attending that judgement is not noble. I know this is the sentiment you so eloquently expressed in a succinct manner. I wanted to expand upon it for clarification.

One other point. People can express exasperation and sound judgmental but also understand that others have a right for doing things in a different manner and not necessarily point this out. It is sometimes difficult to always do this. And hence it becomes difficult for us to determine the underlying basis in what others say or how others act.

Reaction Score
The team is in 1st, having a season no one saw coming and you want to can the coach. You're a Met fan alright.

Did you watch the game last night at all? The mets have an expanded roster with a ton of bullpen help, started to rally from a 6 run deficit and what does Collins do? Bring in Parnell, O'flaerty and Torres. Literally three of the worst relief pitchers in all of baseball. Collins knows how to handle the lineup, but when it comes to late inning pitching changes he muffs it up more often than not. Being in first place is great, but it's easy when the rest of the division is pretty much the worst in baseball. Bring in Backman and Hernandez and I'd put money that this team will look 10 times better.

That being said, I fully believe that the Mets will make the playoffs, but with the atrocious bullpen, realistically they're not making it past any of the NL central teams.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Einstein was a physicist did he make any contributions to psych??

He said the now trite quote about insanity being repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom