Edsall s recruiting at Maryland | The Boneyard

Edsall s recruiting at Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
just got a LOT better fast.

This am he landed top 100, five star receiver Stefin Diggs. This is a huge commit and will pay dividends in this years(13) class.

Reaction Score
There is one and only one reason Edsall landed Diggs....his name is Mike Locksley

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dan ob the qb who is transfering was the kid who recently hosted diggs lol.

Reaction Score
FHCRE hasn't had much luck getting the 4 & 5 start to produce on the field. I'm sure the kid will transfer after a year.

Reaction Score
There is one and only one reason Edsall landed Diggs....his name is Mike Locksley

I read this elsewhere as well. Can't give credit to Edsall necessarily.

Reaction Score
I read this elsewhere as well. Can't give credit to Edsall necessarily.

Yep, definitely shouldn't give credit to a head coach. Only when a 2 star signs, or someone doesn't pan out.

Reaction Score
Yep, definitely shouldn't give credit to a head coach. Only when a 2 star signs, or someone doesn't pan out.

I don't think a head coach could possibly personally recruit every single player. I saw an article that gave credit and the reason Diggs committed with MD was because of Locksley.

Reaction Score
If Edsall took a 5 star dump you'd say it was his diet and you still wouldn't give him credit.

Of course he gets some credit. How much credit we'll never know. I would agree though Edsall probably wasn't the biggest reason.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Here is what I don't get. If Mike Locksley is such a great recruiter - how did they lose every game 70-0 when he was the head coach?

Reaction Score
Here is what I don't get. If Mike Locksley is such a great recruiter - how did they lose every game 70-0 when he was the head coach?

Not a good football coach? Look at Schiano. I know he didn't lose every game 70-0 but he also didn't win anything significant. You can bring in great HS athletes and HS football performers, but turning them into great Collegiate athletes and Collegiate football performers is a whole different task.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not a good football coach? Look at Schiano. I know he didn't lose every game 70-0 but he also didn't win anything significant. You can bring in great HS athletes and HS football performers, but turning them into great Collegiate athletes and Collegiate football performers is a whole different task.

There is a pretty big difference between 9-4 in the Big East and a bunch of bowl games versus back to back 1-10 seasons in the Mountain West where you go 3 weeks and get outscored like 200-7. I mean if you can really recruit, it's hard to believe you could lose to Sam Houston State, but sure why not.

Reaction Score
I don't think a head coach could possibly personally recruit every single player. I saw an article that gave credit and the reason Diggs committed with MD was because of Locksley.

He is the head coach!!!! Of course the head coach has an impact on who signs. Every players has a recruiter different than the head coach. Aaron Hernandez' recruiter was Steve Addazio, is it safe to say that he signed because of Addazzio and Urban Meyer had no impact?

Reaction Score
Who hired Locksley?

Please stop being blind, give credit where credit is due!

Reaction Score
Who hired Locksley?

Because Edsall knows he can't do it all himself. I was always curious how I guy goes from a school where he must find diamonds in the rough, to a school where 3-5* consistently commit no matter who the coach is, and how their recruiting style or decisions are affected.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who hired Locksley?

Edsall did not hire Locksley, that you can be sure of.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Edsall did not hire Locksley, that you can be sure of.

Does it matter. Edsall is the head coach and got a five star to come to Maryland. I know you and other haters can never say anything decent about Edsall.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does it matter. Edsall is the head coach and got a five star to come to Maryland. I know you and other haters can never say anything decent about Edsall.

Did you seriously just call me an Edsall hater? Whaler11: "A man without a country".

I'm pretty sure I agree with you - I was downplaying the usefulness of Locksley and I think it's absurd a school hired him. I do think it's funny that they stuck Edsall with him because it should get interesting.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He took a 5-star dump on our program.

he took this program from nowhere's to a BCS game. I understand your bitter, but you need to let go.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
he took this program from nowhere's to a BCS game. I understand your bitter, but you need to let go.

bill, you are such a nitwit it's painful. The thought of a mess like you telling anyone what they need to do is funnier than the joke I thought I made.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
bill, you are such a nitwit it's painful. The thought of a mess like you telling anyone what they need to do is funnier than the joke I thought I made.
I thought your joke was funny buddy

Reaction Score
Could we just agree, once and for all, that anything good that happens at Maryland from here on in has nothing whatsoever to do with Edsall, that anything bad that happens to Maryland is 110% Edsall's fault and then stop caring what happens with Maryland other than its two games with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom