Edsall picks up key endorsement | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Edsall picks up key endorsement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It seems like it would be less costly for Maryland to just dump Edsall now than to hold on to him in the long run.

Unfortunately if they want Mike Leach, they will get into a bidding war with a few other schools.

Let's see I'm Leach and I (potentailly) have a choice between a school that took me to the altar and then ran a year ago or one (KU) that has an AD I have been friends with for 20 years. Hmmm .......

Reaction Score
Let's see I'm Leach and I (potentailly) have a choice between a school that took me to the altar and then ran a year ago or one (KU) that has an AD I have been friends with for 20 years. Hmmm .......
Don't forget to add familiar recruiting areas and competition to that one as well.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The piling on continues...

A lost year for Edsall

Going 2-10 after 9-4 last season is bad enough. But on top of that, Edsall seemed to alienate just about every important demographic in College Park in less than a year.
The list of players leaving the program this offseason will include far more names than David Mackall's. The fans don't want to pay to see Edsall's team play, and many of them are calling for his job. The media isn't far behind in that sentiment, and a season's worth of press conferences that were about as colorful as a black-and-white photo probably didn't help.
There isn't much more that could have gone wrong for the Terps in 2011, which might just have been the worst season in program history. It's been only a year, but it is fair to wonder whether Edsall really is the right coach for this team.

Reaction Score
The piling on continues...

A lost year for Edsall

Going 2-10 after 9-4 last season is bad enough. But on top of that, Edsall seemed to alienate just about every important demographic in College Park in less than a year.
The list of players leaving the program this offseason will include far more names than David Mackall's. The fans don't want to pay to see Edsall's team play, and many of them are calling for his job. The media isn't far behind in that sentiment, and a season's worth of press conferences that were about as colorful as a black-and-white photo probably didn't help.
There isn't much more that could have gone wrong for the Terps in 2011, which might just have been the worst season in program history. It's been only a year, but it is fair to wonder whether Edsall really is the right coach for this team.

He'll be alright. He just needs five solid years to rebuild and reload. Plus, he'll recruit his way out of this.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
484eb5e4e963431c100b1e39329c3a3e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads