East Carolina Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

East Carolina Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't expect Geno to play more than 6, maybe 7 players against South Carolina. Butler just isn't ready for big games this year. Overall, the bench play should be worrisome, not for this year but for next year. Take away Stewie, Moriah, and Tuck (yes, I think she's gone), and we're not a Top 10 team.

For a supposedly outstanding shooter, Lou's stroke looks terrible, almost like a trebuchet. Just way too many ways for that motion to be off.

Now, starting the second half, even the starters don't look great. Defense is awful.
I strongly disagree with your assertion that we aren't a top 10 team without STewie and Moriah. Look at what every other top 10 team loses this year. Almost all of them lose a TON. Not as much from a talent perspective as losing Stewie and Moriah, but almost all lose starters and top scorers. No matter what Tuck does, UCON will be #1 or 2 starting next season, and deservedly so....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sloppy start to the 3rd quarter, but the point differential ended up essentially the same as the first 2 quarters... My point being a very nice last part of the quarter seemed to get them out of the early funk...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
4th quarter should be interesting - Tuck, Stewie and Moriah seem to be on the bench for the rest of the game. LOTS of PT for Butler, Chong and Collier in the 4th quarter...

Reaction Score
Butler's hands have been terrible -- I thought she was supposed to be better at that aspect of her game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
REALLY impressed with the offense ECU is trying to run - clearly outclassed from a talent perspective, but they are working really hard and trying to run their stuff. Bodes well for them when they get healthy for next year - good coaching IMHO...

This group on the court - Nurse, Collier, Chong, Butler and Williams is NOT a good offensive team. Sloppy and messy. Offense has ground to a complete halt...

Reaction Score
I strongly disagree with your assertion that we aren't a top 10 team without STewie and Moriah. Look at what every other top 10 team loses this year. Almost all of them lose a TON. Not as much from a talent perspective as losing Stewie and Moriah, but almost all lose starters and top scorers. No matter what Tuck does, UCON will be #1 or 2 starting next season, and deservedly so....

You going to stand by that after what we've seen here in the 4th quarter?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
4 points so far 5+ minutes into the 4th quarter
Chong, Ekmark, Collier, Williams and Butler on the court, and it's a hot mess. No offense, sloppy defense - they may be playing against ECU's starters, but man do they look bad together.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I really like Nat, but it's more than the hand. It's very poor decisions to boot.

Noticed that SC is getting 40 per game in the paint. Who gets 40 in the block against the Huskies? The battle there will decide it.

Reaction Score
Pulido !!! That was Heather Buck-esque at the end of the Louisville title game

Reaction Score
Katie Lou and Natalie did not play well today. If Katie Lou starts slow again, expect Gabby to get a lot of minutes. Let's hope they all play well Monday night. Go Huskies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom