Earth to the Horde- I'd call Pasqualoni and ask him | The Boneyard

Earth to the Horde- I'd call Pasqualoni and ask him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he feels he bears any responsibility for what happened today.

Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with P.

By all acounts, Louisville got in over us solely due to the PERCEIVED strength of their football program over ours. That's why losing winnable games to Temple, USF, NC State, Western Michigan, etc is a really bad thing.

Reaction Score
By all acounts, Louisville got in over us solely due to the PERCEIVED strength of their football program over ours. That's why losing winnable games to Temple, USF, NC State, Western Michigan, etc is a really bad thing.

Yep. Right on target.

Reaction Score

Keep believing that... a piece yes, but not "solely". .

Reaction Score

Look, let that sink in for a second. THat conference leadership just invited a school that in every way possible is inferior to UConn. They've got a better athletic departmetn? Bullsnot. Their numbers are accounting magic.

I'm not a fan of the ACC, I don't really want to be in the ACC. I've never been a fan of the ACC. If I had woken up this mornign to news that UConn was goign to the ACC, I'd have been torn. Seriously. I like the potential B-ball matchups, I like the potential football matchups - most of it is what I originally thought we'd be playing 15 years ago.

BUT - then I"d wonder what the hell my university just signed up for, becuase yes - the ACC looks like the old Big east - and guess what - the old big east had a lot of warts, that the ACC now has.

I'm most pissed off right now, because I'm tired of my alma mater, having the appearance of being a pawn in all this mess. I want some clear leadership, some clear statements, of what our goals are and how we plan to get there.

Most of all, I want a F8cking football schedule to look forward to. We don't even have one beyond next year.

Reaction Score

You reading what's out there today? Louisville was invited because the ACC football schools wanted the "stronger" football school. That trumped the numerous advantages UConn had. I think it's fair to ask our football coach if he feels his performance as UConn football coach the last year and 11 games led to this perception because the stats the last 8 years UConn vs Louisville is much more even than publically perceived.

Reaction Score
Makes no sense pasqualoni beat Louisville last week on their home turf.

Other factors the acc probably concerned about

Our athletic budget vs Louisville

Avg football attendance vs Louisville Avg attendance

Who are the boosters how much money do they get

They want the best football program. Program. There are many aspects besides the coach. Do u think acc doesn't realize strongs days are numbered in Louisville they do

Reaction Score
You reading what's out there today? Louisville was invited because the ACC football schools wanted the "stronger" football school. That trumped the numerous advantages UConn had. I think it's fair to ask our football coach if he feels his performance as UConn football coach the last year and 11 games led to this perception because the stats the last 8 years UConn vs Louisville is much more even than publically perceived.

3 or 4 years ago Louisville was mired in the Kragthorpe era which by my estimation was far worse than what UConn has experienced over the last two years. I don't believe for a second that last year's or this year's results had much impact on the ACC decision. IMO it is the overall perception nationally that UConn is not much of a football "program". I dont necessarily believe that perception is the truth, but what I think doesn't matter. Louisville has had a D1A football program for decades. Uconn for 1 decade. Louisville Has had some success historically well before Bobby Petrino. It Has produced some big names. It is perceived as a more established program mostly by schools that only look at UConn as a basketball school. While extremely disappointing, it is not entirely surprising. After all, the ACC took Pitt and Syracuse over UConn just a year ago and nobody can tell me those football programs are in a better state TODAY than UConn is. They just have more history and didn't piss anyone in the ACC off 8 or 9 years ago.

Reaction Score

Go outside what ESPN and ACC want you to believe.. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--acc-adds-louisville-in-expansion-132113087.html

Football is clearly a piece but not the sole reason.

Reaction Score
Makes no sense pasqualoni beat Louisville last week on their home turf.

Other factors the acc probably concerned about

Our athletic budget vs Louisville

Avg football attendance vs Louisville Avg attendance

Who are the boosters how much money do they get

They want the best football program. Program. There are many aspects besides the coach. Do u think acc doesn't realize strongs days are numbered in Louisville they do

Bullsht. The best football program in the Big East by a landslide was West Virginia. They didn't want them did they?

Reaction Score

You seem to think they measure strength of a football program with wins and losses. They measure it with revenue, and Louisville was the only BE team that brought in more revenue than us. They actually brought in more than the "#1 school" in the state UofK. If conference expansion has taught us anything it's that wins and losses matter less than demographics and market share.

Reaction Score
Look, let that sink in for a second. THat conference leadership just invited a school that in every way possible is inferior to UConn. They've got a better athletic departmetn? Bullsnot. Their numbers are accounting magic.

I'm not a fan of the ACC, I don't really want to be in the ACC. I've never been a fan of the ACC. If I had woken up this mornign to news that UConn was goign to the ACC, I'd have been torn. Seriously. I like the potential B-ball matchups, I like the potential football matchups - most of it is what I originally thought we'd be playing 15 years ago.

BUT - then I"d wonder what the hell my university just signed up for, becuase yes - the ACC looks like the old Big east - and guess what - the old big east had a lot of warts, that the ACC now has.

I'm most pissed off right now, because I'm tired of my alma mater, having the appearance of being a pawn in all this mess. I want some clear leadership, some clear statements, of what our goals are and how we plan to get there.

Most of all, I want a F8cking football schedule to look forward to. We don't even have one beyond next year.

Direction of our football program is indeed the case bro... It needs to be CLEAR... And we gotta show that on the field of play ( win the winnable games - USF, NC State, WMU, Temple all shoulda been wins ) as well as behind the seens ( better admin moves, better recruiting ).. We're still viewed as a laughing stock wannabe FBS program... If you don't think that's reality look what happened to us today. And, IMO, the worst part about this is that some of us feel like we should have a sense of entitlement to jump over programs like Louisville, or Cincy, who I feel will leapfrog us as well and get a call any day now from a conference (B1G, B12, ACC)... yeah, our education is better than those schools, and our overall athletic programs, but football has to matter more up in Storrs CT... Not just winning either... The entire experience.

Reaction Score

And that is complete bull spit.

Reaction Score
Bullsht. The best football program in the Big East by a landslide was West Virginia. They didn't want them did they?

You just proved your own point wrong with this. You say Louisville was taken b/c of their perceived strength on the grid iron and then offer the ACC's non interest in WVU as proof. The ACC doesn't care about winning, if they did Syracuse wouldn't have been their first draft pick.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
If he feels he bears any responsibility for what happened today.

Because SU slipped under hsi watch about a decade ago and it caused the BE to appear weak so the ACC raided the BE?

I'm not sure how much of the decline of SU was because of coaching and how much because of facilities. I think Jake bears equal responsibility for what happened today.

Reaction Score
Acc will be irrelevant soon when it goes to 4 16 team super conferences, get in the big 10, michigan man..

Reaction Score
PP needs to go. The end. No ifs, ands or buts. We need a LOT of wins NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom