early 2014 look at new england | The Boneyard

early 2014 look at new england

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
once again i will pump new england as stocked prospect wise. i kid not this area is exploding with kids. not even going to get into nyc...here are some names to watch right now as camps, visits and 7v7 leagues start post season. i'll revisit this in the spring/summer to add and edit it.

OL:
james hendren
otillo berrios
john baker
alec keener
charles baldwin
tj linta
louie rodrigues
conor dintino

RB:
irin phillips
john thomas
jarrid grimmett
arkeel newsome
marcus outlow
devonte sewell
harold cooper

QB:
drew belcher
stephen barmore
flutie jr
kyle gallagher
logan marchi
max gustafson
joe carbone

WR:
rory donovan
cj moore

TE:
dylan wadsworth

ATH:
isaac yiadom
matt torrey
shawn cavallaro
alex haurd

DL:
tony fox
keith benjamin
roekwan holmes

LB:
conor strachan
conor buck
mike root
matt moore
josh smiley

DB:
kevin bletzer
daren jackson
matt scott
shacor privott
emmanuel neal

Reaction Score
HfD, good stuff as always. Perhaps you could add an asterisk nex to the names of kids w/UConn offers (just please not the 64 color crayola crayon box)

Reaction Score
FYI Cole Harris is about 6-2, 220 and he led New Canaan in tackles this past year by a good margin(although Root missed half the season with an injury) and he was first team all-state. Just a really good athlete, but he might be too small to play linebacker in college. Maybe he'll switch over to safety.

Reaction Score
Just a couple guys Calvin Daniels is from CT could be a WR or TE heard he's got great hands probably more of an H-Back type. Nick Crowle is a LB from CT to watch he's got the nickname the punisher due to his FR highlights. And lastly in MA QB/ATH Miles Wright is big time BC staff loves this kid he's from Tabor.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Just a couple guys Calvin Daniels is from CT could be a WR or TE heard he's got great hands probably more of an H-Back type. Nick Crowle is a LB from CT to watch he's got the nickname the punisher due to his FR highlights. And lastly in MA QB/ATH Miles Wright is big time BC staff loves this kid he's from Tabor.

thanks.

on daniels. i dont see him fitting any spot. so its hard for me to figure out if he could play bcs football. hes really 6ft maybe 6'1 and hes a thick kid, not fat. not fast enough for wr and not big/tall enough for te. i guess i see your h-back idea. just dont see it in him on offense position wise. maybe a lb or fb type if he changed. good ath and a nice bball player(good hands) also but i see a tweener. he is definetly a agressive kid but i'm not sure if hes crazy agressive like fb/lb lifestyle at this level. i hope he shocks me and i eat dirt but thats my 2 cents on him.

Reaction Score
FYI Cole Harris is about 6-2, 220 and he led New Canaan in tackles this past year by a good margin(although Root missed half the season with an injury) and he was first team all-state. Just a really good athlete, but he might be too small to play linebacker in college. Maybe he'll switch over to safety.

How is 6'2" 220 too small to play LB in college? If he's 220 now, you figure he'll easily be at 235 by his RS frosh year, and that's about as big as our LBs have gotten.

Reaction Score
thanks.

on daniels. i dont see him fitting any spot. so its hard for me to figure out if he could play bcs football. hes really 6ft maybe 6'1 and hes a thick kid, not fat. not fast enough for wr and not big/tall enough for te. i guess i see your h-back idea. just dont see it in him on offense position wise. maybe a lb or fb type if he changed. good ath and a nice bball player(good hands) also but i see a tweener. he is definetly a agressive kid but i'm not sure if hes crazy agressive like fb/lb lifestyle at this level. i hope he shocks me and i eat dirt but thats my 2 cents on him.
Yeah I haven't watched film yet just had been told he has great hands. Agreed he is defenitely a tweener which is why I thought H-back I don't see from what I've been told the speed for WR or the size for TE. I don't know if he is a BCS level guy but he's atleast a guy to watch and maybe he gets a little bigger etc and he is there. Overall though it is a great year for NE.

Reaction Score
I like the sophomore LB they had. #44 (name escapes me). 6'4" about 215 and a frame that looks like he can add weight.

Reaction Score
How is 6'2" 220 too small to play LB in college? If he's 220 now, you figure he'll easily be at 235 by his RS frosh year, and that's about as big as our LBs have gotten.

He's definitely a quick-twitch kind of guy(all of New Canaan's LB's are), so it would be pretty difficult to add a lot of useful weight without sacrificing a lot of what makes him very good.

Reaction Score
I like the sophomore LB they had. #44 (name escapes me). 6'4" about 215 and a frame that looks like he can add weight.
In addition to Harris, New Canaan has two other stud LBs in:
#44 Zach Allen (S0.), 6'4, 205
#25 Mike Root (Jr.), 6'4, 215

Reaction Score
Yeah I haven't watched film yet just had been told he has great hands. Agreed he is defenitely a tweener which is why I thought H-back I don't see from what I've been told the speed for WR or the size for TE. I don't know if he is a BCS level guy but he's atleast a guy to watch and maybe he gets a little bigger etc and he is there. Overall though it is a great year for NE.

Cal Daniels (TE/Bethel HS), 6'3, 240

I like this kid. He's not fast but a very good athlete at his size. Very good hand and very physical. He can be a TE/H-back at the next level.

Reaction Score
Cal Daniels (TE/Bethel HS), 6'3, 240

I like this kid. He's not fast but a very good athlete at his size. Very good hand and very physical. He can be a TE/H-back at the next level.

How is he as a blocker? I watched the first two minutes of the highlight and only saw one time when he was asked to block. The reason I ask, is because he really stands out to me, has a good frame, and looks more than quick enough to play TE. But it also looks like he has the frame to gain a lot of weight and play inside. I might just be crazy to think that, though.

Will keep an eye on him.

Reaction Score
How is he as a blocker? I watched the first two minutes of the highlight and only saw one time when he was asked to block. The reason I ask, is because he really stands out to me, has a good frame, and looks more than quick enough to play TE. But it also looks like he has the frame to gain a lot of weight and play inside. I might just be crazy to think that, though.

Will keep an eye on him.

I could see what you mean. A kid 6'3 with good feet, get him up to 290-295. He could be a very athletic OG. He seems to have the motor. There is very little run blocking in the video, but he seems to use his size well when he does. I don't know if he'd want to move inside but I could certainly see the potential of the move. He certainly has versatility.

Reaction Score
I could see what you mean. A kid 6'3 with good feet, get him up to 290-295. He could be a very athletic OG. He seems to have the motor. There is very little run blocking in the video, but he seems to use his size well when he does. I don't know if he'd want to move inside but I could certainly see the potential of the move. He certainly has versatility.

And it's actually not uncommon for high school tight ends to be moved to the offensive line in college. Like you said, they usually have great footwork, so all that is needed is some strength gain and alot of added weight. With Division 1 strength programs, that isn't hard to do.

pj

Reaction Score
And it's actually not uncommon for high school tight ends to be moved to the offensive line in college. Like you said, they usually have great footwork, so all that is needed is some strength gain and alot of added weight. With Division 1 strength programs, that isn't hard to do.

I've been wondering if that was why we were recruiting so many TEs. Let them compete for TE, persuade the losers to move to o-line?

Reaction Score
I've been wondering if that was why we were recruiting so many TEs. Let them compete for TE, persuade the losers to move to o-line?

Tight End is just a versatile position. If they don't stay at tight end, they can be converted to WR, FB, OG, OT, DE, or LB. The likely AFC defensive player of the year, JJ Watt is a converted tight end. The 49ers starting tackle Joe Staley was converted from TE to T in college.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
some updates: already 10 new england kids with bcs offers...

OL:
james hendren-harvard* princeton*, yale*, bc, uconn, umass, duke, mich, nw, nd, psu, stanford, ucla, vandy, uva, wisc
otillo berrios-bc, uconn, umass
john baker-bc*, uconn*, umass*, md, mich, psu, stanford, uva, wake
alec keener-
charles baldwin-uconn, umass
louie rodrigues-bc, uconn, umass, fordham
conor dintino-uconn, bc, psu, stanford, temple
cal daniels-
david cinti-

RB:
irin phillips-uconn, bc, temple, cuse, rutgers
john thomas-umass*, uconn*, bc*, uva, md, rutgers, psu
jarrid grimmett
arkeel newsome-uconn*, umass*
marcus outlow-bc*, uconn*, tosu*, every freaking school
devonte sewell
brica mcallister-
harold cooper-bc*, uconn

QB:
drew belcher-bc, uconn, umass, harvard, mizzu, ncst
stephen barmore-yale*, uconn, bc, umass, duke, harvard, rutgers
flutie-
kyle gallagher-
tj linta-
logan marchi-uconn
dante cioffi-
max gustafson-
joe carbone-
miles wright-bc
pat long-

WR:
rory donovan-bc, uconn, umass, cuse, rutgers, md
cj moore-

TE:
dylan wadsworth-uconn, bc, umass

ATH:
isaac yiadom-bc, uconn, umass
matt torrey-bryant*, uconn, bc, umass, ncst
shawn cavallaro-
alex haurd-bc*
lubern figaro-

DL:
tony fox-uconn, umass, md, gtech, fordham, yale
keith benjamin-
roekwan holmes-rutgers*, uconn, umass, cuse, bc
jack wynne-iowa*, bc*, uconn, umass

LB:
conor strachan-bc*, uconn*, uva*, wake*, md, unc, nd, psu
conor buck-
mike root-
matt moore-psu, yale
josh smiley-
cole harris-
jason sylva(juco)-uconn*, bc*, umass
nick crowle-
shacor privott-uconn, umass, duke, rutgers

DB:
kevin bletzer-
daren jackson-
matt scott-
emmanuel neal-
jaylen berry-

keep the names coming!!! big year!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
updates:

OL:
james hendren-harvard* princeton*, yale*, bc, uconn, umass, duke, mich, nw, nd, psu, stanford, ucla, vandy, uva, wisc
john baker-bc*, uconn*, umass*, md, mich, psu, stanford, uva, wake
alec keener-
cal daniels-
david cinti-

RB:
irin phillips-uconn, bc, temple, cuse, rutgers
john thomas-umass*, uconn*, bc*, uva, md, rutgers, psu
jarrid grimmett-umass, uconn, bc
arkeel newsome-uconn*, umass*, iowa, miami, florida, fsu, cuse, rutgers, psu, temple, md, uva, vt, wvu
marcus outlow-bc*, uconn*, tosu*, clemson*, md*, iowa*, florida*
devonte sewell-umass
brica mcallister-umass, uconn, bc, temple, cuse
harold cooper-bc*, uconn

QB:
stephen barmore-yale*, uconn, bc, umass, duke, harvard, rutgers
flutie-
kyle gallagher-
tj linta-
logan marchi-uconn
dante cioffi-
max gustafson-
joe carbone-
miles wright-bc
pat long-

WR:
cj moore-

TE:

ATH:
isaac yiadom-bc, uconn, umass
shawn cavallaro-
alex haurd-bc*
lubern figaro-

DL:
keith benjamin-umass, uconn
roekwan holmes-rutgers*, uconn, umass, cuse, bc

LB:
conor strachan-bc*, uconn*, uva*, wake*, md, unc, nd, psu
conor buck-
mike root-
matt moore-psu, yale
josh smiley-umass, bc, uconn
cole harris-
jason sylva(juco)-uconn*, bc*, umass, ok
nick crowle-

DB:
kevin bletzer-
daren jackson-
matt scott-
emmanuel neal-
jaylen berry-umass, uconn

Reaction Score

I wouldn't think of moving Cal to OG. Not sure if he could put on that kind of weight. However I've seen him play a few times, has great hands and is a good athlete. Would love to see him as a TE even if his flat out speed isn't crazy he'll just beat guys to the ball and will be tough to bring down. I'm a little biased because I know the family but he stood out last couple of times I saw him.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
updates:

OL:
james hendren-harvard* princeton*, yale*, bc, uconn, umass*, duke, mich, nw, nd, psu, stanford, ucla, vandy, uva, wisc, ruty*, ohio*, odu*
john baker(interest in med school)-bc*(lean), uconn*, umass*, md, mich, psu, stanford(visit soon), uva, wake, har*, hc*, ohio*, odu*, temple*, yale*, wisc.
alec keener-
dan dinicola-uconn, cincy, ind, several mac schools, temple, cuse, odu*
david cinti(does he live in ny or west haven ct???)
trey rutherford(pg from canada)-uconn, msu, cuse, buff
ollie erickson-umass, uconn
aaran macrae- bc, harv, yale
khamil rangolam(dean juco-hillhouse 12 had ccsu and uri offers...)-uga, neb, ruty, tosu
shawn lee-
andrew crane-umass, uconn, bc, psu, ruty, temple

RB:
irin phillips(sio moore family)-uconn, bc, temple, cuse, rutgers
john thomas-umass*, uconn*, bc*, uva, md*, rutgers, psu
jarrid grimmett-umass, uconn, bc
many latimore(nh prep)-
kylan richardson-
arkeel newsome-uconn*, umass*, iowa, miami, florida, fsu, cuse, rutgers, psu, temple, md, uva, vt, wvu
marcus outlow-bc*(VERBAL), uconn*, tosu*, 20 other offers in question
devonte sewell-umass
deandre mayire-
brice mcallister-umass, uconn, bc, temple, cuse, uva, psu, md
harold cooper-bc*, uconn

QB:
stephen barmore-yale*, uconn, bc, umass, duke, harvard, rutgers, iowa
tj linta-
logan marchi-uconn
dante cioffi-
max gustafson-
david maaghul-
joe carbone-
nick andreas-
miles wright-bc, umass*, uva
cody williams-bc, uconn, duke, umass, purdue, ruty
mike gealsen-
pat long-

WR:
cj moore-umass*, uconn
isaac yiadom-bc, uconn, umass, hc*
logan mahoney-

TE:

ATH:
shawn cavallaro-bc, byu, uconn, umass, temple, uva
alex haurd-bc*, uconn
ibrahima diallo-
lubern figaro-
josh flynn-
roekwan holmes(lb, dl, te)-rutgers*, uconn, umass, cuse, bc, fiu*, uri*, maine*
matt scott-
llyod campbell-
tyler barnes(ct prep)-
sharief grice(is he 14 or 15?)-bc, umass, uconn
josh smiley-umass, bc, uconn
cal daniels-
kyle howes- uconn, udel, umass, unh, ruty, temple

DL:
keith benjamin-umass, uconn
dante holmes(dean juco)-
corey barrett(i think hes 2015 but tos has him as 14)-uconn, umass

LB:
conor strachan(bc family connection)-bc*, uconn*, uva*, wake*, md, unc, nd, psu, umass*
conor buck-
mike root-
matt moore-psu, yale
cole harris-
jason sylva(dean juco former uconn commit and don brown product)-uconn*, bc*, umass, ok
nick crowle-
marco delvecchio-

DB:
kevin bletzer-bc, psu, uconn
daren jackson-
matt scott-
mike fawihimmi-
emmanuel neal-
jaylen berry-umass, uconn
lendell robinson-
wayne lowery-
juan williams-unh, umass, uri, maine

Reaction Score
HFD - I assume you are not including NY in New England?

Missing OL Rennick Bryan (Dean Juco from Hillhouse).

... and it's "Ervin" Phillips from West Haven ;)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HFD - I assume you are not including NY in New England?

Missing OL Rennick Bryan (Dean Juco from Hillhouse).

... and it's "Ervin" Phillips from West Haven ;)

a+ medic. i was just about to look over what i update posted and the whole time i knew i was missing some 1 but couldn't put a finger on it. he will be in the next update for sure.

i can do a nyc one if u and others would like.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
since we talked about cal daniels in this thread a bit i figured i would link him to uconn for u guys. his dad was a big time hs player who went on to be quite the player for uconn not to long ago......cal and his bethel cats are having one heck of a bball year. once in 20 years type year for that small town. they have a pretty good shot at going the distance in the class m and winning it all. cal starts at the 4 for bethel and usually guards the others teams big guy to keep bethels stud garvin away from foul issues. hes one heck of a ath and a luxury for the bball team to have.

his height at 6'2 really imho is prob the drawback to being a TE. we seem to be after 64'-6'6 kids. hes a thick body and my 2 thoughts are lb, ol or fb. i guess we shall see what he becomes but he is def a ct ath to watch. hope we seem him folow his dads steps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom