Earlier OV's Next Domino To Fall? | The Boneyard

Earlier OV's Next Domino To Fall?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

NCAA has been talking about this for a while. With the recent recruiting changes, do we think the NCAA will begin to allow Official Visits to take place as early as the spring semester of a prospect's Jr year? I see no issue with extending the OV period to the summer entering a prospect's Sr year, but anything earlier than that could get kind of odd.

Drew

Reaction Score
Nebraska's Shawn Eichorst, others in Big Ten favor earlier paid visits, early signing period

“If you are thinking about early signing, you have to think about earlier access. And now that we are able to pay for parents to make official visits, we have to look at staff sizes to handle that.’’

Big Ten schools have different ideas on what recruiting calendar changes to consider.

West Division schools, which generally are farther from large population centers, are interested in allowing paid official visits in the summer. The current calendar, which allows official visits once the fall semester begins, often limits how many recruits can come from long distances.

Schools in both divisions differ on whether a December signing period is worthwhile.

One thing apparently all agree on is that Big Ten schools aren’t disadvantaged in the current world of recruiting, despite the oversigning that occurs most often in the SEC and ACC.

“I really don’t see us disadvantaged,’’ Michigan State A.D. Mark Hollis said. “I chose and love being in the Big Ten. There are pros and cons that come with that.’’

Eichorst said he also hasn’t heard any excuse-making from conference colleagues.

“We have so many incredible strengths in the league,’’ he said. “And then, look at the output. We’ve been doing pretty well.’’

Drew

Reaction Score
I don't really understand why you'd let kids sign earlier but not let them officially visit schools earlier? Just doesn't seem to make much sense IMO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom