Duke vs ND Preview | The Boneyard

Duke vs ND Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link--it is a good read. They're right about Duke having to play man and be successful at it.

Looking forward to that game, too. My money's on ND.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Rob Clough's pre-game analyses are so superb that I put him in the same league as our DoggyDaddy.

On second thought, what I meant as a compliment to both could be misconstrued by a careless reader to mean something like the way Seton Hall used to be in the same league (Big East) as UConn.:rolleyes:

Oh well, excellent job by Rob.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Very good analysis. The last line is telling. Duke needs to play the full forty minutes on both ends of the floor.

Reaction Score
Some Notre Dame fans are hard to categorize - neo-noir might do it. That ND fan with the t-shirt and green tinged body creeps me out. Sort of like an over the hill, declining years, Incredible Hulk.

And the ND mascot - the guy in leprechaun garb who starts hooting and gets the other ND fans with basso voices to join in like a swamp full of frogs - also disconcerting. I can't get the image of him out of my head from last year in New Orleans - during the game, the oyster bar vignette of him slurping down oysters. Normally a benign activity, but in this case, Norman Bates-ish.

Reaction Score
Some Notre Dame fans are hard to categorize - neo-noir might do it. That ND fan with the t-shirt and green tinged body creeps me out. Sort of like an over the hill, declining years, Incredible Hulk.

And the ND mascot - the guy in leprechaun garb who starts hooting and gets the other ND fans with basso voices to join in like a swamp full of frogs - also disconcerting. I can't get the image of him out of my head from last year in New Orleans - during the game, the oyster bar vignette of him slurping down oysters. Normally a benign activity, but in this case, Norman Bates-ish.

And we have "normal" fans.... like some guy with a basketball wig who loves leading the crowd in UCONN chants, and a woman with a very lifelike Husky puppet. ;)

Reaction Score
I don't think Duke has a realistic chance of winning this game. Gray is lost for the season and another top player Jones is hurt.

Reaction Score
And we have "normal" fans.... like some guy with a basketball wig who loves leading the crowd in UCONN chants, and a woman with a very lifelike Husky puppet. ;)

Haha and don't forget blasts from the past like Blue White Kid and "Mel At Work" hard hats !

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Should be a fun game to watch. I think ND wins it and they could win it big if they stay out of foul trouble. Duke has struggled lately. ND has great team chemistry. All big games come down to defense and ND has a great defense. I would like to see Duke win but we all know ND can get the job done with great defense and a balanced attack.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, what happened to Blue and White kid? I rode with him on the train once from New Haven to Madison Square Garden.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

hey .... are you calling me abnormal?! ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Good game so far (ND - Duke)

On ESPN now. 22-19 Irish, quick pace lots of scoring.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
hey .... are you calling me abnormal?! ;)

abnormal.jpg

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Haha and don't forget blasts from the past like Blue White Kid and "Mel At Work" hard hats !

Hard hat guys still around - saw them at the USF game. Now the hats are for Mo Jeff.

Reaction Score

HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA ... Thanks Biff !!! I'm can live with Abby Normal :D

Hard hat guys still around - saw them at the USF game. Now the hats are for Mo Jeff.

Yeah, you beat me to it. I was going to say that the Hard Hat guys (Nick & Rob) are still goin' strong :)

I do miss Ted, tho :( (for those who don't know, he's the "Cat in the Hat" guy)

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA ... Thanks Biff !!! I'm can live with Abby Normal :D

Yeah, you beat me to it. I was going to say that the Hard Hat guys (Nick & Rob) are still goin' strong :)

I do miss Ted, tho :( (for those who don't know, he's the "Cat in the Hat" guy)

What happened to Ted? Miss him a lot.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom