Duke at North Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke at North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno says good teams don't foul.

UNC committing some of the softest and ill timed fouls you will see.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well its good to see that the Duke players have more heart and fight in them than I have :p
Really rooting for Duke here. Want to see them stay as a 2 seed...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Duke almost made it all the way back. Just couldn't get over the hump.

Reaction Score
What was going on at the end of the game when NC ran the floor for a basket with four seconds left and up by four?

NC freshmen sure looking good, though.

Reaction Score
Wow, how about JPM not shaking DeShields hand after game, just blew right past her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Really rooting for Duke here. Want to see them stay as a 2 seed...

We already clinched a #2 seed............ in the ACC tourney ;)

I think we will end up as a 4 or 5 seed in the NCAAs... If we win on friday night... i think we will be a #4 seed.... lose... I see us dropping to a #5.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
So sad..sorry Triad. I had hopes....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow, how about JPM not shaking DeShields hand after game, just blew right past her.

Wow.... wish i could have seen that. I am conflicted on that.... On one hand... its another bad look for our coach not to shake #23's hand.... gotta show some class even in defeat to the despised rivals. On the other hand..... well... I dont want to get a ban from HuskyNan... so I will save that thought to myself :D

So sad..sorry Triad. I had hopes....

Actually I didnt have hope until we got to within one in the second half.... but I like the fight that our team showed.... and hopefully that will continue on Friday Night.

Despite the loss ... its 70 degrees and sunny here in central NC..... time to go to the park, enjoy the weather, and buy a bottle of wine :cool:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I thought I heard the announcer say that no one on North Carolina had more assists than turnovers. I had to look that up. It's not entirely true, but some of the numbers are staggering. Deshields: 73 assists, 93 turnovers, McDaniel: 30 assists, 69 turnovers, Mavunga: 34 assists, 77 turnovers. Wow, just wow....

Reaction Score
We already clinched a #2 seed.. in the ACC tourney ;)

I think we will end up as a 4 or 5 seed in the NCAAs... If we win on friday night... i think we will be a #4 seed.... lose... I see us dropping to a #5.
Charlie Creme tweeted that he has you as a #3 now; Baylor is still a #2, even after the loss today and WVA is also a #2.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I thought I heard the announcer say that no one on North Carolina had more assists than turnovers. I had to look that up. It's not entirely true, but some of the numbers are staggering. Deshields: 73 assists, 93 turnovers, McDaniel: 30 assists, 69 turnovers, Mavunga: 34 assists, 77 turnovers. Wow, just wow....

I heard that too, but I think they were talking about Duke in regards to losing 4 PG's this season.

Even typing that it kinda stings ( losing 4 PG's)....

sorry Duke Fans! I really thought this was your year to make it to the FF. It can still happen but certainly will be much harder.

Reaction Score
Wow.... wish i could have seen that. I am conflicted on that.... On one hand... its another bad look for our coach not to shake #23's hand.... gotta show some class even in defeat to the despised rivals. On the other hand..... well... I dont want to get a ban from HuskyNan... so I will save that thought to myself :D

Actually I didnt have hope until we got to within one in the second half.... but I like the fight that our team showed.... and hopefully that will continue on Friday Night.

Despite the loss ... its 70 degrees and sunny here in central NC..... time to go to the park, enjoy the weather, and buy a bottle of wine :cool:

I agree, i'm not a huge fan of #23 either, but as a coach you got to show some class at the end. It was so obvious the girl in front of DD turned around with the "wow" look on her face.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can somebody answer a question for me?

I am not a coach, but why isn't UNC playing full court pressure when Duke is bringing the ball up?
UNC has a deep bench with athletes and Duke has NO PG!

Am I completely in left field with this thought process?
And UNC has no coach, so its even.

JS

Reaction Score
Third time's the charm, right Triad? Still a chance you get
'em in the ACC tourney.

Must say, your gracious posting manner doesn't show how
hard you've taken this season.

wino.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors