Drummond may walk on and pay his own way | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Drummond may walk on and pay his own way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do something outside of a decade span and we can talk... It's gonna be funny when you're looking to replace Calhoun in a mid-major conference...

Bro, I'm sure you're STILL basking in the afterglow of those Championships in the 50's, but please, you're embarassing yourself.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There are restrictions on walk-ons. For instance, I'm pretty sure if they've been recruited by a school, they can't walk-on at that school for 1 calendar year...
??????????????
Please explain the concept of a preferred walkon. A preferred walkon is normally a player who was recruited but the school decided not to offer a scholarship to.

Has nothing to do with the number of players you have. I also have a feeling that the NCAA is going to do everything in their power to block UConn from adding a player of Drummond's caliber, whether a walk-on or not, since the intent of the scholarship reductions was to be a punishment, not something that's just a slight inconvenience that can be easily resolved.
For openers it has been more than a slight inconvenience. A slight inconvenience is when the NCAA decides not to pursue a story about a former player's HS academic career being almost entirely falsified (cough, cough, Bledsoe, cough, cough).

Additionally, if the NCAA is going to step in to prevent a school from adding a walkon, they are overstepping their bounds at a level beyond logical belief. This idea is a fantasy of some delusional UK fans who believe that the money they forked over for Calipari (and the money they funnelled to the correct handlers) entitles them to a title that in reality they have to earn.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
How does UConn not get included in the so called mega conferences, assuming there are 4 conferences with a total of 64 schools? I think it might be someone besides upstater that's on crack.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How does UConn not get included in the so called mega conferences, assuming there are 4 conferences with a total of 64 schools? I think it might be someone besides upstater that's on crack.
I have no idea what your post is referring to, but the moment I heard AD was coming I felt he was an insurance policy for UConn should the conferences begin to make changes.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I have no idea what your post is referring to, but the moment I heard AD was coming I felt he was an insurance policy for UConn should the conferences begin to make changes.

F Paint said upstater was on crack for thinking UConn would get a ride in the mega conferences

Reaction Score
Pretty certain they don't.

How crazy is all this?!

I don't believe they do, either.

Of all the ways they can add Drummond, him walking on is by far the best. Not only do they end up with 11 legit D1 players, if AD leaves after one season regardless of his academic standing, it would not hurt our APR. On the other hand, if one of the current 10 leaves, that could have a negative APR impact.

Reaction Score
Boy, it didn't take long for the cretin (F Paint) to find us!

Reaction Score
Bro, I'm sure you're STILL basking in the afterglow of those Championships in the 50's, but please, you're embarassing yourself.

We have 3 championships since the 50's. Same as UConn. Difference between us and UConn in that category, is that we have 3 with 3 different coaches. House money says UConn goes back to irrelevance when Calhoun retires... Took UCLA 20 years to recover after a MUCH better coach in Wooden left Westwood...

Reaction Score
Let's put it this way... You'll be fighting Miami, Boston College and Kansas for one of the last few spots...

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in Uconn basketball.

Reaction Score
We have 3 championships since the 50's. Same as UConn. Difference between us and UConn in that category, is that we have 3 with 3 different coaches. House money says UConn goes back to irrelevance when Calhoun retires... Took UCLA 20 years to recover after a MUCH better coach in Wooden left Westwood...

Cool_story_bro.jpg

Reaction Score

Congrats on your 3 championships since the "50's"

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Watcha all think - time for him to go?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
LOL who cares what happened 50 years ago?

You talk about stats when comparing next season's rosters, how about this one:

Our coach: 3 Championships
Your coach: 0 Championships

Reaction Score
Congrats on your Zero Final Fours prior to 1999.

Who gives a about 13+ years ago. Is that really the last thing you can hold on to? I know you're mad we've won 3 since you last got one, and you feel like you deserve more than we do, because you're "Kentucky" and that makes you "special," but sports are a "What have you done for me lately?" deal, and the answer for UConn is "A lot," but for Kentucky it's "Not much."

And because of that....

2akl6p3.gif

Reaction Score

vhN7Y.jpg

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I cant believe we already have a troll here .... And from a school with zero relevance since the 90s that's in the PAC10 nonetheless!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom