Drummond may walk on and pay his own way | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Drummond may walk on and pay his own way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Highest rated recruit ever. Not too shabby for 68. I tip my hat to JC and the staff once again.

"Formerly huskymig"

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
no scholarships available yet and he still chooses UCONN over everyone else... says a lot of about himself and what calhoun has done at storrs to get recruits to admire and respect him this much

Reaction Score
It's not like UConn can't hook him up with a work study. I, for one, know that you do not need to qualify for financial aid to get work study. After working the summer at the Registrar's office, they thought I did such great work there that they "found" money beyond the allocated work study money just to keep me on and working like was. Needless to say, I was stoked.

Reaction Score
That's really big of him if it is true. This future millionaire has his head on straight. Love that.

Reaction Score
I think I read on NCAA's website that if you are recruited by a school that you can't enroll as a walk-on during that calendar year. I'll go look and see if I can find it again...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think I read on NCAA's website that if you are recruited by a school that you can't enroll as a walk-on during that calendar year. I'll go look and see if I can find it again...
Look it up. While you are at it look up the definition of the term "preferred walkon".

Reaction Score
Look it up. While you are at it look up the definition of the term "preferred walkon".

It's going to be hard for Calhoun to convince the NCAA that he has preferred walk on spots to give when he doesn't have any scholarships available for the foreseeable future...

Reaction Score
It's going to be hard for Calhoun to convince the NCAA that he has preferred walk on spots to give when he doesn't have any scholarships available for the foreseeable future...

Well until Lamb leaves after this season, and maybe Oriakhi. BUT GOOD POINTS BRO.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reaction Score
Are non-scholarship players allowed to receive external scholarships? If so, is it possible for some random booster to give Drummond a phony scholarship? If not, that seems unfair to true walk-ons.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Are non-scholarship players allowed to receive external scholarships? If so, is it possible for some random booster to give Drummond a phony scholarship? If not, that seems unfair to true walk-ons.
If he is on scholarship in any way, shape or form and joins the basketball team (or any team) it counts against the school's scholarship allotment for that year.

Reaction Score

I don't get this. All schools max out schollies and give preferred walk-on spots.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
What aren't you following?
The idea that because we are maxed out on scholarships we cannot bring in a walk on. The only limit on walkons is within the scope of the limit on entire roster size. There is no way the NCAA would say "you can't have a walkon because you used all of your scholarships". Believing they would is idiotic.

Reaction Score
The idea that because we are maxed out on scholarships we cannot bring in a walk on. The only limit on walkons is within the scope of the limit on entire roster size. There is no way the NCAA would say "you can't have a walkon because you used all of your scholarships". Believing they would is idiotic.

There are restrictions on walk-ons. For instance, I'm pretty sure if they've been recruited by a school, they can't walk-on at that school for 1 calendar year... Has nothing to do with the number of players you have. I also have a feeling that the NCAA is going to do everything in their power to block UConn from adding a player of Drummond's caliber, whether a walk-on or not, since the intent of the scholarship reductions was to be a punishment, not something that's just a slight inconvenience that can be easily resolved.

Reaction Score
There are restrictions on walk-ons. For instance, I'm pretty sure if they've been recruited by a school, they can't walk-on at that school for 1 calendar year... Has nothing to do with the number of players you have. I also have a feeling that the NCAA is going to do everything in their power to block UConn from adding a player of Drummond's caliber, whether a walk-on or not, since the intent of the scholarship reductions was to be a punishment, not something that's just a slight inconvenience that can be easily resolved.

You certainly hope so, that's for sure.

You know, being mad at others in life isn't healthy bro. Just be positive. Be happy for the Huskies. It's okay, it won't hurt you. I'm happy for you guys when you have "the greatest day in Kentucky history" and get 5 first round draft picks. You can be happy for us when you dominate you chucklefucks on the court and take home 'ships.

Sound good?

Reaction Score
You certainly freaking hope so, that's for sure.

You know, being mad at others in life isn't healthy bro. Just be positive. Be happy for the Huskies. It's okay, it won't hurt you. I'm happy for you guys when you have "the greatest day in Kentucky history" and get 5 first round draft picks. You can be happy for us when you dominate you chucklefreaks on the court and take home 'ships.

Sound good?

Do something outside of a decade span and we can talk... It's gonna be funny when you're looking to replace Calhoun in a mid-major conference...

Reaction Score

I can give you a ton of counter examples.

Look at Duke and all the players who paid their own way.

Reaction Score
Do something outside of a decade span and we can talk... It's gonna be funny when you're looking to replace Calhoun in a mid-major conference...

The craziest thing ever uttered on this board.

:confused:

Reaction Score

Haha UConn shouldn't be allowed walk-ons? Tell that to Lousville who just had 2 scholarship players give up full rides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom