Drivers of recruiting: (a) competing and (b) winning | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Drivers of recruiting: (a) competing and (b) winning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All this paralysis by analysis.

I'll let you guys know how good this class is. In 3 years.

Eh, it is the offseason, I have no problem with the recruit talk. I just wish it was based on what WE see on the field, not what rivals or scout or espn sees.

And you are 100 % right with the 3 years. That is when classes should be rated. It drives me insane when people talk about recruiting rankings from years past when there is a better way to analyze - how did those recruits do when they put on the shoulder pads?

People knock Edsall's recruiting, but how were those 2 stars he recruited? How were those "under the radar" (another pet peeve. Under the radar to who? Rivals? Scout?) recruits after 3 years? That is all that matters.

Reaction Score
pj, I left Syracuse in the Big East. But I see your point, after the teams relocate to their new conferences, CUSA will look even worse.

I just think that there's no reason for UConn not to reel in a couple of 4*'s and a dozen 3*'s every year.

This year looks solid as compared to past years. But there will always be the what if Ogundeko didn't bail, Khaliel looked elsewhere, etc. UConn worked hard and long to develop these relationships, yet in the end the staff couldn't close.

There's still a lot of guys out there, so let's hope they can build 2013 even more. Assuming a big time RB gets here as expected, the skill positions will be looking a lot brighter. I can't wait for Whitmer and Umass.

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score
I just think that there's no reason for UConn not to reel in a couple of 4*'s and a dozen 3*'s every year.

No reason except that we've never done it, and only the top 40 teams do it. We've been hanging around the #50-#60 team area. Which is pretty good for ten years at 1-A.

We'll get there, I think, over the next 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom