Showtime Shoni... with the pass to Angel

EDD's putback at the 3rd quarter buzzer was too late

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc said:
Showtime Shoni... with the pass to Angel

EDD's putback at the 3rd quarter buzzer was too late

No look pass behind her back to Angel on the breakaway, sweet! When I see hetr do stuff like that it really makes me smile and sometimes laugh out loud cuz I can't believe what I'm seeing. she's fun to watch.
Chicago's letting this one get away from them. if they can't pull it together in the last couple minutes we will be looking at a third game. currently they're down by 12

Been a pretty interesting game to watch

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
And Atlanta takes it forcing a game three on Tuesday night in Atlanta

Reaction Score
Tiff was great...Shoni ever learns to play defense and she'll be the best attraction in the WNBA...Angel continues to show more discipline and the same skill, dynamite package...Big Syl looked great, playing loose and with aggression (pushing Erika all over the paint)...Elena fabulous but clearly gassed in the second half...she looked like a zombie on the flight from Atlanta to Chicago on Saturday, that young lady is made of some pretty serious stuff...Allie Quigley, wow...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
OneTrickPony said:
Tiff was great...Shoni ever learns to play defense and she'll be the best attraction in the WNBA...Angel continues to show more discipline and the same skill, dynamite package...Big Syl looked great, playing loose and with aggression (pushing Erika all over the paint)...Elena fabulous but clearly gassed in the second half...she looked like a zombie on the flight from Atlanta to Chicago on Saturday, that young lady is made of some pretty serious stuff...Allie Quigley, wow...

I am looking forward to the rematch, it should be a good game and I'm hoping Atlanta wins

Reaction Score
I am looking forward to the rematch, it should be a good game and I'm hoping Atlanta wins
I do, too...really want to see a Lynx/Dream final...gonna be tough for both teams to get there this year, and if Elena ever gets beyond her Lyme fatigue, the Sky should be great...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
OneTrickPony said:
I do, too...really want to see a Lynx/Dream final...gonna be tough for both teams to get there this year, and if Elena ever gets beyond her Lyme fatigue, the Sky should be great...

I have to admit I'm a little torn over the winner because I really want to see Elena advance, but there's a part of me that realizes that she needs more rest. I mean she's pushed herself every single game and it's hard to recover after each one. I just want her to rest and be over this recent bout with the disease.

But I want Tiffany to be able to move on further of course and I'm sorry there's a part of me that just loves Shoni when she gets going, and I agree if she learns some defense she's going to be something...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Props to EDD, Angel, Tiff and Shoni - but as a former Chicagoan, YOU ROCK, ALLIE QUIGLEY! Doug Bruno must be proud.

So happy for Quigley. I lived in Chicago for several years and will never forget Quigley's senior night performance against UConn which ultimately was overshadowed by Maya's amazing steal and Ketia Swanier's length of the court drive and layup.

Reaction Score
IMO Shoni Schimmel is the most electrifying player in the WNBA right now. Whenever she steps onto the court you know something's happening. I thought she played very well last night and that behind the back pass was jaw dropping.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I love watching Shoni and Tiff play. After watching Shoni's defensive mistake at the end of the game on Saturday (going wayyyy under the screen and giving 'Sloot a wide open shot) I was reminded of something that happened with Tiff in a game against Duke a few years back. The game was at Cameron and UConn was up by a lot of points late in the game. Geno pulled Tiffany out of the game and reamed her out on the sidelines. Everyone wondered what Geno could possibly be upset about with a 25-point margin. On replay, Tiffany went under a screen set for Jasmine Thomas who made an open jumper. I doubt Jeff Walz ever delivered that message to Shoni. She'll learn, though.

Reaction Score
Shoni needs to hit the weight room over the offseason and also to work on her pick and roll defense.

Thomas should've been in the there at the end of the first game for defensive purposes. This series should be over right now,

Reaction Score
Shoni needs to hit the weight room over the offseason and also to work on her pick and roll defense.

Thomas should've been in the there at the end of the first game for defensive purposes. This series should be over right now,
If Shoni is smart, this year will have given her a glimpse of how good she can be...that should be motivation enough for anyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom