Doug Bruno's connections to a week of triumph, tragedy | The Boneyard

Doug Bruno's connections to a week of triumph, tragedy

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
DePaul coach Bruno's connections to a week of triumph, tragedy

On the loss of Northwestern player Jordan Hankins: "Teams have tough seasons with injuries or other things, like we are this season with three of our top players out with injury, but there is nothing that can compare to how tough it is for a program to lose a valued teammate," Bruno said. "I talked with Joe about 10 to 12 hours after it happened. It's just so tough and no coach is ever prepared to handle that."

On Geno and UConn: "What (Connecticut) has done with the streak is amazing. They have played the toughest competition in the country. Some people like to bash the streak and just say that it's because the rest of us are no good. That's not it at all. Once you create excellence like Geno has created, it's hard to catch it. Connecticut is just that good. I've seen it, I've coached with Geno. I know how good he is and he has made that program great."

Postscript: Doug's team just dropped a tough game in OT to Marquette, 102-101. The injuries to three starters (including Jessica January) finally caught up with them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
DePaul coach Bruno's connections to a week of triumph, tragedy

On the loss of Northwestern player Jordan Hankins: "Teams have tough seasons with injuries or other things, like we are this season with three of our top players out with injury, but there is nothing that can compare to how tough it is for a program to lose a valued teammate," Bruno said. "I talked with Joe about 10 to 12 hours after it happened. It's just so tough and no coach is ever prepared to handle that."

On Geno and UConn: "What (Connecticut) has done with the streak is amazing. They have played the toughest competition in the country. Some people like to bash the streak and just say that it's because the rest of us are no good. That's not it at all. Once you create excellence like Geno has created, it's hard to catch it. Connecticut is just that good. I've seen it, I've coached with Geno. I know how good he is and he has made that program great."

Postscript: Doug's team just dropped a tough game in OT to Marquette, 102-101. The injuries to three starters (including Jessica January) finally caught up with them.
What a tragedy!
I see Bruno as a very compassionate person with well founded priorities. I have always liked him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom