Doty | The Boneyard

Doty

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
A question for people that were at the game - I was really surprised that Doty didn't get back in the game so that the Gampel fans could show their appreciation for her last appearance there. I kept expecting Auriemma to put her in. Did she get some acknowledgement when she subbed out around 8 minutes left?

The stat sheet might not show it, but I thought she had one of her better games this year.

Reaction Score
I thought CD was the key to the first half - she supplied the energy that was missing in that first half from most of the others. I know KML and BS supplied the points, but CD made some great saves and did a great job defensively even when up against a quick point guard.

Reaction Score
I was sooo happy to see Caroline get some serious minutes in her final game in Gampel. I think she did a super job.

Yeah, the love for Caroline got overshadowed by the love for Heather. I'm sure #5 didn't mind ;)

Reaction Score
A question for people that were at the game - I was really surprised that Doty didn't get back in the game so that the Gampel fans could show their appreciation for her last appearance there. I kept expecting Auriemma to put her in. Did she get some acknowledgement when she subbed out around 8 minutes left?

The stat sheet might not show it, but I thought she had one of her better games this year.

i was very disappointed that he didn't get caroline back in the game . she certainly would have gotten the deserved standing ovation . i was yelling at the screen as the last couple of minutes clicked away. coaches can be such boneheads at times. bridgeport is not the same as gampel.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
i was very disappointed that he didn't get caroline back in the game . she certainly would have gotten the deserved standing ovation . i was yelling at the screen as the last couple of minutes clicked away. coaches can be such boneheads at times. bridgeport is not the same as gampel.
Same here....I was hoping all three would get a very quick cameo.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Geno has often said that Caroline was his only true point guard. I hope she goes out on top, the way she deserves to. I will miss her grit and determination, and 1000-watt smile. I am sure she has taught MoJeff a lot, and we will see the fruits of that next year. Can't help but hope that she or Kelly come back as grad assistants (sigh).

Reaction Score
I thought the applause when Buck came in was also appreciation for Caroline.

You gotta remember, when she comes out, her knees sometimes make it tough to get loose again.

It was probably a smart move to keep her on the bench once she had stopped running around.

She did have a great game yesterday; it's funny how stats really don't tell the story sometimes.

Reaction Score
I thought the applause when Buck came in was also appreciation for Caroline.

You gotta remember, when she comes out, her knees sometimes make it tough to get loose again.

It was probably a smart move to keep her on the bench once she had stopped running around.

She did have a great game yesterday; it's funny how stats really don't tell the story sometimes.

put her in, take her out, no running around, just a standing ovation. caroline deserved her very own recognition. it was a missed moment for her.

Reaction Score
And Kelly and Heather? Better to just let it play out in my opinion. She wasn't the only senior

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
And Kelly and Heather? Better to just let it play out in my opinion. She wasn't the only senior

Find a way, then, to recognize all three. Why just "let it play out"? Seems like a waste of good feelings to me.

Reaction Score
Just saying that's what senior night is for. This is the NCAA tournament. Heck, a lot of people couldn't be bothered to come for their last actual game, why should he change his patterns and substitutions from a regular tournament game?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Just saying that's what senior night is for. This is the NCAA tournament. Heck, a lot of people couldn't be bothered to come for their last actual game, why should he change his patterns and substitutions from a regular tournament game?
As much as people complained about it, it was not a home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom