Doris Burke- Oh No! | The Boneyard

Doris Burke- Oh No!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Doris has exceeded herself in a color commentator's bias. Tonight, except for Gabby, she has been effusive in her praise of Notre Dame. Moreover, she never stops talking and talks during play after play, after play. She has fallen down and can't shut up. I, for one, is sick of Doris Burke.

Reaction Score
Funny. I thought she was effusive in her praise of UConn. Well, ain't we a pair.

Nope Jordy, you're right, you and the rest of the country. Go to any other team's forum and you'll see that almost every other fan base is convinced that Doris, Dee Kantner and Dennis DeMayo are all on the UConn payroll.

You'd also learn that ESPN is the corporate owner of UConn Women's basketball.

But that's for another thread....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought Doris was fine tonight. Not too much either way. She knows the UConn players, so when one of them does something remarkable, Doris can remark on it,

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
What I CAN'T believe is what that anti-UConn Antonelli said -

1. Debbie Antonelli ‏@debbieantonelli 11m11 minutes ago
    Debbie Antonelli Retweeted Jane Morrissey

She was impressive. They got Geno and no one else does

Debbie Antonelli added,

Jane Morrissey @SaltySandals
    @debbieantonelli It was Gabby's party tonight!
    2 replies1 retweet9 likes

Where is everyone getting this Anti UCONN!?? She is not anti UCONN.

Is this just because she ranked UCONN 3rd?

Reaction Score
I don't know a lot about announcers but I know when one isn't very good. The man tonight wasn't very good. He just throws out statements like they are facts and isn't even close sometimes. Other than that he was okay.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I'm afraid Ms. Antonelli has a long history of anti-UConn statements while continuing to see the world through whichever conference she is most involved with at the time.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
i thought the "team" had a very poor game tonight.

What I would like from announcers is some acknowledgement, dare I ask for anticipation?
of what's going on in front of their eyes.
Tonight: over-scripted, irrelevent,
did not capture the ebb and flow...

Yuck.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I thought Doris was fine tonight. Not too much either way. She knows the UConn players, so when one of them does something remarkable, Doris can remark on it,

Doris isn't pulling for UConn. She's pulling for WCBB. She wants to see a competitive game, and a competitive landscape nationally. Her perspective is a bigger picture.

I think most broadcasters (including me) will tell you that blow-out games are the hardest to do and the least interesting. And she had the candor to say, "I was dead wrong about this (UConn) team." As for talking during play, A) That's what she is supposed to do and B) She is doing television, not radio.

Reaction Score
I personally don't mind Doris and prefer her to some others. She gives credit where credit is due the majority of the time, and tonight that was evident in her praise of Kia's defense. She's not really a puller for UConn, but rather as BigBird said, a puller for WCBB.

I sometimes feel bad for the broadcasters that get stuck doing blowout games when the final score is like... UConn 98 and the other guys, 43. Imagine having to fill all that time and trying to find something to talk about when the other team is getting completely decimated. Sometimes they talk just to fill the silence.

Reaction Score
Doris has exceeded herself in a color commentator's bias. Tonight, except for Gabby, she has been effusive in her praise of Notre Dame. Moreover, she never stops talking and talks during play after play, after play. She has fallen down and can't shut up. I, for one, is sick of Doris Burke.
Have to say over the last four years Doris has been the ultimate Uconn supporter as has Kara Lawson...you have to realize that everyone in the country is praying that Uconn loses...so far this team is having none of it...

Reaction Score

I believe ThisJustin was mocking those who claim Antoneli is biased.

Reaction Score
I enjoy Dave O'Brien and Doris doing games. And of course Holly is great.

I believe Doris spoke a little extra tonight because Dave O'Brien was losing his voice. So she seemed to be trying to do a little extra to help him out.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I like Antonelli - I find her insights to be interesting, though she is a little over the top on a few of her pet peeves - offense, and now Las Vegas, but they aren't wrong.

And I think she does worry as most people out there do about what Uconn running the table this year would look like for the universe of WCBB. So I think she and some other people are letting their hope of 'anyone but Uconn - for the good of the game' cloud some of their comments. And I don't get offended by it.

Reaction Score
I agree. She is the Dick Vitale of women's basketball. They both feel they have to say something all of the time.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Nope, Doris is ok. Ever since she publicly said that she wishes that she could have played and been coached by Geno, she is ok in my book no matter what.

Maybe she wasn't a good enough player to be recruited by Geno. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I find this whole thread funny. Who cares what announcer there is. The UConn team speaks for itself. Every announcer calling a UConn game will appear biased since the product is so beautiful.

Reaction Score
I've been on the Doris Burke bandwagon since the first time I heard her say that in her opinion Diana Taurasi is the best women's basketball player ever. And she still been saying it recently, not just when Diana wa playing. well, okay, more precisely what she says is that Diana's the greatest winner ever, and the first person she'd pick for her team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom