Don't get too excited, but... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Don't get too excited, but...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Their top scorer was 1-10 from 3 tonight. He is 42% on the season and missed a ton of wide open looks from 3. He hits a few of those and it's a different game.
It wasn't luck that Enechionyia missed those shots:

Opening Statement [by Kevin Ollie]

"I thought it was a good win, I think the guys did a good job of setting the tone early. It all started with good defense especially by Amida Brimah. We held Obi Enechionyia to three for 17 that was our key going into the game. I thought we executed on the offensive end and made buckets. Yet again we out rebounded a team which was another major key for us. We got to the free throw line and had our best free throw performance of the year. The team is improving and that is what I like to see."

post game presser

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Enoch still doesn't really know how to play but I firmly believe on the offensive end it's just a matter of time. No clue when it will happen but at some point it will click. He is built like a Clydesdale and when it clicks he will be drop stepping for easy hoops, hook shots, and just bullying people.
I agree. Enoch does have a nice lefty hook and step back shot. Problem is his short comings are over shadowing that. I have seen him make those shots all year. He will come along. I thought he lost weight compared to last year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
More like a Hilton Armstrong stat senior season for KF
I still think the fact that Ham not coming to UConn has helped both VJ and RP because now they don't have to worry about PT - I have a feeling that weighed on them in particular

Agreed. KF is better than Gavin Edwards. He's also better offensively than Hilton was. I've been waiting for this, as he was a pretty well regarded recruit, who showed great rebounding instincts and good hops early on. He just couldn't crack the rotation, I think due to defensive deficiencies. It seems that the 25 pounds he added in the off-season allow him to hold ground on defense. As a result, I think we are seeing an offensive game he probably had all along.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Yes and if we hit our 3s earlier in the season it's a different season. But we didn't

plus its not like their other guys were missing threes as well. They went 9-24 which included about 5-6 forced desperation threes in the last 2 minutes.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I can tell you I was excited. Ran up and down stairs between tv and computer (not a fan of laptops) two and three steps at a time during timeouts entire game. And I'm approaching 70 but today I feel like twenty. booyah!
Love it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Their top scorer was 1-10 from 3 tonight. He is 42% on the season and missed a ton of wide open looks from 3. He hits a few of those and it's a different game.
You know it doesn't work like that.

Reaction Score
I'll probably look it up and it'll be different, but I feel like we've done a good job shutting down Enechionwa whenever we play Temple. At least in my mind seems like he misses a bunch of threes every game

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
IF, IF, IF
Yep but they didn't fall so don't rain on the parade killjoy
About time someone else besides the guys with UConn on their jerseys missed a majority of their shots
NEXT....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'll probably look it up and it'll be different, but I feel like we've done a good job shutting down Enechionwa whenever we play Temple. At least in my mind seems like he misses a bunch of threes every game
Dingle has been the Husky killer

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Jenna Marbles is fairly attractive but she's not all that funny.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I think Facey will make some money in the NBA. And, not to strut too much, but in a post last April I did say that to me he looked more like a 3-4 than 4-5. Okay, that's strutting a little. But clearly he can put the ball on the floor, as we see now. He can play 5 a little when we go small, and can guard most bigs, but offensively he's best facing on the wing. Love it when he takes those 12-15 foot jumpers, great high release.

Reaction Score
IF, IF, IF
Yep but they didn't fall so don't rain on the parade killjoy
About time someone else besides the guys with UConn on their jerseys missed a majority of their shots
NEXT....
Relax. If you go back, you will see I was replying to the comment about Temple being good enough to beat FL State and WV

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom