Donald Brown Represents UCONN on Pats | The Boneyard

Donald Brown Represents UCONN on Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
He just needs to be consistent and learn the playbook. Pats don't put up with much, you're out the door in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
Me with DB at Patriots Fantasy Camp! Talked with him for a few. Great guy. Told him we were all pulling for him!

Attachments

• 13267951_10154953384944768_6142054748187809330_n.jpg
    13267951_10154953384944768_6142054748187809330_n.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 126

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I think he'd be a viable third option to Lewis and Blount. He's a good pass catcher and blocker so he can easily fill the hole Shane Vereen left when he signed with the Giants

He'd be a great insurance policy for Lewis as well. We all saw what happened when Lewis went down and we didn't have a reliable pass catching back to replace him.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Me with DB at Patriots Fantasy Camp! Talked with him for a few. Great guy. Told him we were all pulling for him!
I always imagined you younger... Ha

Reaction Score
What other pats guys did you get to play with?

You get to hang out with the whole team. The morning was defensive drills - the afternoon was offense. You basically get to talk to anyone you want to. Jimmy G and Tyler Gaffney sat at our table during lunch - Gaffney and Edelman were at the reception last night. Probably talked to about 20 players in all. The Pats are the only team that does this - all of the other teams do golf tournaments and stuff like that. I like this better. When I do the events with the Packers I get to spend a whole day with the player / ex-player I golf with, but don't have access to many of the other players. And here, ALL of the players are on the field unless they are hurt. Most of the other team's events you just get a subset.

As an example, you don't get Aaron Rodgers at an event, but you get Brady at this event, and everyone there cycles through QB drills so you get access to him.

Reaction Score
You get to hang out with the whole team. The morning was defensive drills - the afternoon was offense. You basically get to talk to anyone you want to. Jimmy G and Tyler Gaffney sat at our table during lunch - Gaffney and Edelman were at the reception last night. Probably talked to about 20 players in all. The Pats are the only team that does this - all of the other teams do golf tournaments and stuff like that. I like this better. When I do the events with the Packers I get to spend a whole day with the player / ex-player I golf with, but don't have access to many of the other players. And here, ALL of the players are on the field unless they are hurt. Most of the other team's events you just get a subset.

As an example, you don't get Aaron Rodgers at an event, but you get Brady at this event, and everyone there cycles through QB drills so you get access to him.

When I grow up I want to be J$.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When I was still a working official I used to volunteer at Mangini's camp. Until you've spent an entire day with Bryan Cox.... good lord he is insane and hilarious.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

I'm hoping Brady doesn't fire balls at game speed--that might hurt a bit :rolleyes: but sounds cool.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
"I mean I’ve had the good fortune of playing with phenomenal quarterbacks: Peyton [Manning], [Cody Endres], Andrew Luck, [Zach Frazer], Phillip Rivers, [Tyler Lorenzen] now Tom Brady," Brown said during a press conference on Thursday.

[my inserts - just wanted to capture what we all knew he was really thinking]

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
A little odd after Lewis's situation, but I guess that's where he was positioned in the competition so it is what it is.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The Pats view running backs as virtually interchangeable. Not shocked. Hope he latches on elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I still have a Darius Butler jersey from when he was on the Pats. All I get now is Malcom Butler doesn't wear that number.

Your answer ... colored duct tape! I tailgate in the blue lot with a guy who transformed an old Kendal Reyes jersey into a #53 Knappe! From 10 feet away you can't even tell! You're like: where did u buy that ... oh ... that's cool!!

Reaction Score
Man, I thought DB was catching his big break. He has the game for that system. Bummed. I hope they pick him back up when he's healthy.

They made an injury settlement with him. That indicates he is out for quite a bit of time. He was playing with the starters when he went down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69