Does Virginia Tech stay undefeated? | The Boneyard

Does Virginia Tech stay undefeated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Or do they fall to Miami tonight? I don't know enough about either team to say for myself but Massey thinks not. He has Miami with a 79% chance to win and his formula is pretty darn accurate. Anyone follow either team enough to provide insight?

***Side note I think ISU beats Oklahoma tonight. I have seen ISU play enough to know they are capable and have played really well in long stretches but can't seem to get over the hump and close out games. I think Oklahoma is vulnerable enough that they could lose a close one.

Reaction Score
I'm certainly no expert, but I have thought that VaTech was a bit of a fraud.

If I were a betting man, my money would be on Miami.

But then I thought Goldwater would beat Johnson, and that the Republicans
would never do anything as disastrous as nominating Trump, so what do I know!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No. They still must play Miami, Duke, FL State, NC State, Syracuse, Louisville, and Notre Dame, among other wannabes. No way. :cool:

The line for tonight is Miami by 9½.

I can see 2 maybe 3 losses in that 7 team gauntlet. Florida St & Notre Dame for sure. :cool:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Nah, this VT squad is not going to fare well through its ACC schedule. Good luck to the Hokies, though; I lived in Blacksburg for two years myself while my beloved mother taught there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No. They still must play Miami, Duke, FL State, NC State, Syracuse, Louisville, and Notre Dame, among other wannabes. No way. :cool:

The line for tonight is Miami by 9½.

VPI may not win. But they definitely will cover that point spread

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm certainly no expert, but I have thought that VaTech was a bit of a fraud.

!

They arent a fraud.... they are a solid team... not great.... but better than average. Probably the 7th or 8th best ACC team.

Reaction Score
Highly entertaining see saw battle here. Both teams are the real deal. Miami bigs now getting into the paint with the ball and they are up by six with 7:25 to play.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Two best players for VPI have 4th fouls.... gonna be tough for them to pull it out

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Two best players for VPI have 4th fouls.... gonna be tough for them to pull it out

Virginia Tech has started each half very strong only to see Miami assert themselves in the 2nd and 4th quarters. Miami now leads by 7 with 3 minutes to go.

... and Chanette Hicks just fouled out. VT ain't coming back.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I like Katie Meier as a coach. If she was the next Duke coach, I wouldnt be disappointed.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Miami won, but didn't cover. Watching Baylor play TCU however I see a not very good but small and quick TCU team exposing Baylor's on ball defense. TCU unafraid to drive into the lane against Baylor's bigs. Baylor should however still win by 25. Meanwhile Ramirez showing her inability to dribble drive or show anything beyond a stand up shot.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Miami! Only Miss State and UConn remain unbeaten.
In other news, Texas Tech entered the fourth quarter with a 14 point lead over West Virginia, but has surrendered that entire advantage. Game not over, but shameful to lose such a big lead. Playing to the scoreboard instead of playing basketball?
UPDATE - TTech recovered in time, with a 13 - 4 run to win their game.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Congrats to Miami! Only Miss State and UConn remain unbeaten.
In other news, Texas Tech entered the fourth quarter with a 14 point lead over West Virginia, but has surrendered that entire advantage. Game not over, but shameful to lose such a big lead. Playing to the scoreboard instead of playing basketball?

Are you a Florida State fan ?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Mount Osceola was the last of the 48 New Hampshire 4,000 footers I climbed (some years ago!).

Ahhhh.... gotcha. As an ACC fan whenever I see the word Osceola I think of FSU :oops:

One of these days I hope to visit Mt Washington. I visited Mt Mitchell for the first time this past fall...... might try to visit Clingsman Dome later this year (driving of course) :cool:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Mount Osceola was the last of the 48 New Hampshire 4,000 footers I climbed (some years ago!).

Cool, I climbed Osceola (and East Osceola) in May of 2015.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Oh my - I followed my father up all the 4000 footers in NH (we had a summer house in Freedom, NH) - at the time I completed the list there were only 46 of them, but they recalculated the height above the ridge for two additional peaks, one of which I had already been over. The other is on my to do list though I may never get around to it.
As for Mt. Osceola - there used to be a fire tower there, but I think they took it down in the 1980s - a family friend who was a CO (Quaker) had helped build it during WWII as part of his alternative service. I climb Osceola a few times, and we always would swim in Greeley Pond on the way down (having often left some of the family group picnicking there.

Reaction Score
Oh my - I followed my father up all the 4000 footers in NH (we had a summer house in Freedom, NH) - at the time I completed the list there were only 46 of them, but they recalculated the height above the ridge for two additional peaks, one of which I had already been over. The other is on my to do list though I may never get around to it.
As for Mt. Osceola - there used to be a fire tower there, but I think they took it down in the 1980s - a family friend who was a CO (Quaker) had helped build it during WWII as part of his alternative service. I climb Osceola a few times, and we always would swim in Greeley Pond on the way down (having often left some of the family group picnicking there.
Greeley Ponds is a nice spot.
Osceola is named after an Indian chief.
I climbed Osceola twice. Since it was my last peak on the list, my hiking buddies and I were going to celebrate with a bottle at the top. But it poured down rain! So we had to go up again another day to have the proper celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom