does anyone think coaching hires will be named before spring practice? | The Boneyard

does anyone think coaching hires will be named before spring practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If all the existing coaches have been relieved of their duty and we're waiting for Edsall to finish his stint with the Lions, who is actually moving things forward with the team?

Little surprised this hasn't been resolved sooner.

Reaction Score
If all the existing coaches have been relieved of their duty and we're waiting for Edsall to finish his stint with the Lions, who is actually moving things forward with the team?

So you really think that nobody is working on this and that Edsall is spending 18 hours a day working for the Lions? Got it.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
We are going to save money by not having any assistants in 2017. Then, we will take the money saved to steal away Alabama's staff.
Come on, really! All HCRE said was that he would have a staff in place in time for the contact period. We will be ok!

Reaction Score
My understanding is that there is a delay because they are hiring coaches who are unknown. They plan to have them change their names to famous and successful coaches to confuse their opponents and strike fear into their hearts. It will also allow recruits to say I was recruited by (fill in name of famous coach)

Reaction Score
Everyone in coaching is in Tampa right now. People are talking and deals are being cut at a whole lot of schools not named Uconn. I am sure there are serious discussions are on-going with candidates right now.

Next week by Wednesday, the first major coaches will be named.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
An interesting point was raised after last week's press conference. Edsall said that he has spoken to some of the recruits. Football recruiting is of course in a dead period, but the fuzziness of the timeline could indicate that Edsall was not technically affiliated with UConn yet (The dead period contact rules were subsequently cleared up.).

I say that to say this (with a wink and a nod): There is no way Edsall's future staff even knows who they are yet, let alone actively luring high school seniors to participate in a skills competition that does not centered around an inflated oblong bladder of hog flesh.

(And at the end triumph by kicking it through a big "H"!!)

upload_2017-1-6_13-17-27.jpeg

Reaction Score
An interesting point was raised after last week's press conference. Edsall said that he has spoken to some of the recruits. Football recruiting is of course in a dead period, but the fuzziness of the timeline could indicate that Edsall was not technically affiliated with UConn yet (The dead period contact rules were subsequently cleared up.).

I say that to say this (with a wink and a nod): There is no way Edsall's future staff even knows who they are yet, let alone actively luring high school seniors to participate in a skills competition that does not centered around an inflated oblong bladder of hog flesh.

(And at the end triumph by kicking it through a big "H"!!)

View attachment 18338

I must say, you are giving Pudge a run for his money, in terms of huh? ;) Just so we are clear, I'm quite sure that, as of today, Randy knows who MOST of his staff is, if only for the fact it has been plenty of time to call out to the people he wants.

Remember Randy has kept the timeline fuzzy about when he was contacted about the job. My guess he was putting out highly confidential feelers before he was announced as HC.

Seeing that the dead period only keeps the face to face off the board, Randy can call recruits all day long if he wants. It is puzzling that the closing dates for the positions keep getting moved, which suggests that some of the folks Randy wanted, may have declined. Who knows.

Reaction Score

My answer to your question is I really don't know, but am sure information will be forthcoming soon. Too bad some people feel such a need to post such smarmy replies to someone else's post.

Reaction Score
My answer to your question is I really don't know, but am sure information will be forthcoming soon. Too bad some people feel such a need to post such smarmy replies to someone else's post.

The title of the thread asks if this will be resolved before March. If you don't think that deserves a smarmy response you should leave now.

Reaction Score
So you really think that nobody is working on this and that Edsall is spending 18 hours a day working for the Lions? Got it.
Claerly his priority is the lions right now.
I don't see the lions willingly keeping him around for hugs and high-fives.

Who's working it? Benedict?

Reaction Score
I must say, you are giving Pudge a run for his money, in terms of huh? ;) Just so we are clear, I'm quite sure that, as of today, Randy knows who MOST of his staff is, if only for the fact it has been plenty of time to call out to the people he wants.

Remember Randy has kept the timeline fuzzy about when he was contacted about the job. My guess he was putting out highly confidential feelers before he was announced as HC.

Seeing that the dead period only keeps the face to face off the board, Randy can call recruits all day long if he wants. It is puzzling that the closing dates for the positions keep getting moved, which suggests that some of the folks Randy wanted, may have declined. Who knows.

No, you wouldn't move the dates back just because someone has declined an offer. Once the required notice period has run, you are free to hire -- that doesn't mean you have to hire immediately.

If I had to guess the deadlines were extending because the people who set the initial deadline goofed by not realizing that 1/2 and 2/26 didn't count for purposes of the notice period because they were holidays. That would be my guess for the extensions.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Edsall was in Storrs all week.

Reaction Score
Deserves? Oh please.
Yes, deserves. It's either a really stupid question from someone who has been around long enough to know better. Or a really poor job at trolling.

Either way, it absolutely deserved the response it got. You're welcome.

Thanks for your interest in UConn football.

Reaction Score

Does your question translate into anything more than "How do I blame Randy Edsall for the fact that he hasn't hired his staff before the date that he is legally allowed to do so under Connecticut law?" Grow up a little.

Reaction Score
Edsall was in Storrs all week.
Would be surprised if he wasn't. What he does for the Lions he can do remotely. Most Type A's prefer to be in overdrive anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom