Does anyone here believe in Wichita State? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does anyone here believe in Wichita State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Not saying they're not a very good team but they've played NOBODY this year. I need to see more. Look at Memphis and the new Big East teams like Butler, Creighton and Xavier. Teams' records look a little different when they actually play someone, and the Big East is a shell of its former self. As a side note,

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Not saying they're not a very good team but they've played NOBODY this year. I need to see more. Look at Memphis and the new Big East teams like Butler, Creighton and Xavier. Teams' records look a little different when they actually play someone, and the Big East is a shell of its former self. As a side note,

lol, the 2008 Memphis Tigers were a little different caliber than this years team...

It's like comparing a shotgun to a .22

That said, if you know how to use it, a .22 can be deadly.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen them play, but pundits are discounting their wins due to conference foes. But damn going undefeated is a feat in itself. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they've got.

Are they legit?
No

Reaction Score
lol, the 2008 Memphis Tigers were a little different caliber than this years team...

It's like comparing a shotgun to a .22

That said, if you know how to use it, a .22 can be deadly.

I know right? I must have missed that Derrick Rose talent on Wich St this year.

Reaction Score
I hope Wichita State makes it all the way. They can then go a big to the committee filled with ACC homers. I hope we meet them in the finals.

Reaction Score
This Louisville fan thinks they are very legit. They lost 3 starters, by the way, and especially a spiritual leader in Hall, a vicious rebounder - Armstead was an excellent PG but I think Van Vleet is better. VV is fast as hell and pretty fearless on the drive.

But their biggest gun by far is Cleanthony Early. He is very impressive. Their defense specializes in clogging the lane and allowing very little penetration. It perplexed the hell out of us last year for a long time until we basically wore them out.

Reaction Score
I think they earned their #1 side but I'm not sure if they deserve it. I think I read that their biggest win of the year was Arkansas, a team in the NIT. Still, you can't argue with undefeated. I'm curious to see how they fair against good to decent teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom