Dodson to Stanford | The Boneyard

Dodson to Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A lot of recruits in major sports do it now, of course, but it still doesn't sit right with me.

I thought the funny thing was the very end, where she's holding balls out with extended hands. The point is to palm them, but she obviously can't. Just another awkward moment in the slightly unsuccessful mimicking of something else.

Reaction Score
A lot of recruits in major sports do it now, of course, but it still doesn't sit right with me.

I thought the funny thing was the very end, where she's holding balls out with extended hands. The point is to palm them, but she obviously can't. Just another awkward moment in the slightly unsuccessful mimicking of something else.
She had Stanford, ND and Tenn, 3 hats in the table. Then she took the Stanford hat and put on her head, and showed the Stanford t-shirt inside. Then showed the video of her pre-taped Stanford uniform.
-She decided to go to Stanford already and pre-taped the video. Why bother to have a live stream?
-Does she even think what the felling of ND and Tenn coaches are ???

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She had Stanford, ND and Tenn, 3 hats in the table. Then she took the Stanford hat and put on her head, and showed the Stanford t-shirt inside. Then showed the video of her pre-taped Stanford uniform.
-She decided to go to Stanford already and pre-taped the video. Why bother to have a live stream?
-Does she even think what the felling of ND and Tenn coaches are ???
Chances are she already talked to them.
We old fuddyduds (nice old term!) really do not get this obsession with on-line stuff, but I suspect if I were that age and had grown up with a smart phone and tablet in my hand rather than learning how to program with punch card machines, I too would be broadcasting my every thought and action.

It is really interesting to have lived through this transition (and to have been left behind!:eek:) I remind myself of my parents who struggled with remote controls and figuring out how to program the VCR!

Reaction Score
Good pickup for the Cardinal.... she seems like a well put together young gal

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Chances are she already talked to them.
We old fuddyduds (nice old term!) really do not get this obsession with on-line stuff, but I suspect if I were that age and had grown up with a smart phone and tablet in my hand rather than learning how to program with punch card machines, I too would be broadcasting my every thought and action.

It is really interesting to have lived through this transition (and to have been left behind!:eek:) I remind myself of my parents who struggled with remote controls and figuring out how to program the VCR!
sign of the time, these complaints just really tell the age of the complainers.

Stewie on the hood of a car, why not in the den of the house... and who took the picture if it wasnt a big deal along with ESPN showing it 4 yrs later along with Doris drooling over it

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Just Like Alana Beard.. IMHO Maya Dodson will go down in history as one of those players Geno let get away.. I think she will be special, but only time will tell.. Congrats to her and Stanford for getting a player that can only help them going forward...

Reaction Score
At least one of these teams (probably more) will not make the Elite 8 in the 2017-18 season with all the talent they have on their roster. (Maryland, OSU, Louisville, Notre Dame, Baylor, Texas, Stanford and South Carolina). That is unreal to me.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
At least one of these teams (probably more) will not make the Elite 8 in the 2017-18 season with all the talent they have on their roster. (Maryland, OSU, Louisville, Notre Dame, Baylor, Texas, Stanford and South Carolina). That is unreal to me.

At least one of these teams (surely more) have not made the Elite 8 in recent seasons. So what else is new?

Reaction Score
Just Like Alana Beard.. IMHO Maya Dodson will go down in history as one of those players Geno let get away.. I think she will be special, but only time will tell.. Congrats to her and Stanford for getting a player that can only help them going forward...

Yes... we didn't win any championships because we didn't get Alana Beard... Oh wait... we won three, my bad. Geno doesn't have to get every player.. just the right ones. ;)

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Yes... we didn't win any championships because we didn't get Alana Beard... Oh wait... we won three, my bad. Geno doesn't have to get every player.. just the right ones. ;)

So, you're saying we could've won four with Beard.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
..and I'm officially nervous as ND gets perilously close to whiffing on all their elite targets.

Better to lose her to Stanford than Tennessee. From my observations, Tara runs a nice program and does a much better job developing her players than Holly (huge understatement). Can't blame her for choosing one of the elite universities in the world and a hall of fame coach.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
..and I'm officially nervous as ND gets perilously close to whiffing on all their elite targets.

Better to lose her to Stanford than Tennessee. From my observations, Tara runs a nice program and does a much better job developing her players than Holly (huge understatement). Can't blame her for choosing one of the elite universities in the world and a hall of fame coach.

You're in the #1 player Megan Walker's top 3, the #2 player Evina Westbrook's top 5, and Danielle Patterson's top 4 as well. You'll be fine. I'm sure you get at least ONE of those.

I think you get Patterson and 1 of the other two.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hate when that happens. How do you figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom