Do we need one more big? | The Boneyard

Do we need one more big?

Reaction Score
We've been using two 5's for at least the past two years. Johnson and Reed are certainly fine, but should either get hurt, is Singare ready to step in at this point. Do you think we need one more big with some bulk?

Reaction Score
We've been using two 5's for at least the past two years. Johnson and Reed are certainly fine, but should either get hurt, is Singare ready to step in at this point. Do you think we need one more big with some bulk?

We aren't recruiting another big. 4 on the roster would be ridiculous.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Reality is you are unlikely to ever have reliable depth beyond your main 8 or 9 guys "in case of injury." Especially in a time when the 10th man can easily transfer for minutes somewhere else.

You would hope Singare as a sophomore would be improved enough to play minutes in an emergency, but other than that there is no shot they are adding another center.

Reaction Score
No chance we add another big....but I will say that I'll be more confident in our big "depth" if AK comes back as he has played the 5 in a pinch. Stewart may be able to play in that role if need be, but again, would just feel more comfortable with AK.

Reaction Score
Reality is you are unlikely to ever have reliable depth beyond your main 8 or 9 guys "in case of injury." Especially in a time when the 10th man can easily transfer for minutes somewhere else.

You would hope Singare as a sophomore would be improved enough to play minutes in an emergency, but other than that there is no shot they are adding another center.
Very true. My only disagreement is the Singare thing. I think he will be better than any of us are imagining right now. Simply based on the fact that the staff has batted 1,000% on everyone who has stuck with the program.

Reaction Score
It's not likely we'd get a quality big with Sampson and Reed. Im just happy Sing staying to play behind them. NIL and vacancies elsewhere will make most schools a challenge getting 3 good players in the same position

Reaction Score
Who wants to say it first? Ok, I will:

"He needs to put on some weight and build strength over the summer."

In all seriousness, he just has to be strong and capable enough for those moments in a game where Reed/Johnson both pick up 2 in the first half and there are only 2.5 minutes to burn. If he can do that, I'm happy. If not, we throw AK at the 5 again (if he comes back).

Reaction Score
'No' is sort of a snarky answer to a real question. I think we would add a front court player with size if Alex stays in the draft. I assume that is where the South Florida 6'10 player would fit, or, we would start exploring other options. It had been reported we had reached out to this kid.

Reaction Score
'No' is sort of a snarky answer to a real question. I think we would add a front court player with size if Alex stays in the draft. I assume that is where the South Florida 6'10 player would fit, or, we would start exploring other options. It had been reported we had reached out to this kid.
But he's question was specific to the 5. We have 3 on the roster that will be battling for minutes. We have to give Singare time time to prove he is out isn't capable of being a starter down the road.

Yeah, is AK doesn't come back that's different and we need to reassess our positional v depth at the 4.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
No we do not need another big. If we get McNeely and AK comes back we need a 6’5” guard that can defend and shoot. If all this years freshman an Diarra come back the group I described would certainly be top ten. But you never know how players will connect and fit in. Hurley and staff are the best and making it happen but if all the things I note above happen and Hurley gets all the pieces of the puzzle to fit and accept their role we will be very good.

Reaction Score
No.

Stewart/Abraham.
Reed/Johnson

If we get McNeeley, he's in the mix for minutes at the 4 as well. If we have a tough, physical matchup at the 4 we can go double big or just outscore the opponent.

Reaction Score
We already have 3 guys for the 5 position and somewhere between 1 and 3 guys for the 4 position pending what happens with McNeeley and Karaban, so seems unlikely

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom